IGNORED

2023 NCAA/NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

How many SuperBowls in a row will they be winning?  Double digits???? 🤷‍♂️

It's just been entertaining to watch, something we haven't had in a long time, and an offense like this... never. I'm concerned about the injuries to the OLine that was thin as it was, but we will see what happens.

9 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

How many SuperBowls in a row will they be winning?  Double digits???? 🤷‍♂️

I'd be happy if the Bengals can manage to win one in my lifetime since I've been around for all three losses. At least I got to see the Reds win a World Series even if it was 33 years ago. 

On 10/26/2023 at 5:29 PM, captmorgandrinker said:

There's only 2 or 3 Skylines in the Cleveland-ish area.   That stuff is definitely a Cincy area thing.

There are several Skylines in south Florida. Apparently there was enough demand from retired Cincinnatians for them to open a half dozen locations there.

• Haha 1

Social Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

There are several Skylines in south Florida. Apparently there was enough demand from retired Cincinnatians for them to open a half dozen locations there.

What is crazy is how it started off as one restaurants and now it's exploded.  Surely the locals must like it too.  I heard Lexington, KY is booming and they are opening multiple restaurant's there. That's as far south it goes for Skyline and then boom, Florida.  

1129.png

1 minute ago, FireHazard51 said:

What is crazy is how it started off as one restaurants and now it's exploded.  Surely the locals must like it too.  I heard Lexington, KY is booming and they are opening multiple restaurant's there. That's as far south it goes for Skyline and then boom, Florida.  

1129.png

Kentucky just steals all of Cincinnati's cool stuff. They don't even have any pro sports teams of their own even though UK's basketball team probably has a higher payroll than the Bengals and Reds combined.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Kentucky just steals all of Cincinnati's cool stuff. They don't even have any pro sports teams of their own even though UK's basketball team probably has a higher payroll than the Bengals and Reds combined.

Well, Cincy did steal Kentucky's airport.

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Jesus Christ.  We really won't have any excuse to not make a run

Screenshot_20231031-132853.png

Defense wins championships! Only a third round though, I would have expected higher isn’t this dude awesome? Rushing the QB helps but I would have liked to see a S or CB cause I feel like our secondary is still sketchy. If Bosa would return to goddamn season shape the D line would have been stout already. Young is definitely welcome though the pass rush has just not been there. Fucking Kirk dropped back 45 times and not a single sack

Edited by a3quit4s

Editorials Team · Posted
On 9/6/2023 at 1:47 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

I can already tell Montana isn't that good.  Look forward to losing to Montana State by 40 again.  That's always fun...

On the bright side, All-American MSU quarterback Tommy Mellott is coming to our practice on Thurs to give the kids a pep talk.  I just won't mention how much sadness he personally causes me.

Somehow after being hot garbage through the first four weeks, getting destroyed by a bad team, struggling with a non-scholarship team, and barely beating a DII team, they've turned it around to go 8-1, beat the #3 team on the road, and just smashed the #7 team last night.  I have never been so confused by a football team.What-is-happening-i-dont-undersatnd GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Social Team · Posted
13 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Wasn't this core team just in the Super Bowl two years ago? 😆

Bengals are forever an underdog until they win the Super Bowl.  And when they DID go to the Super Bowl everyone had called them an underdog ever since their first playoff win that post season.  When you  have been a "losing" team for as long as the Bengals have been, it's hard to not feel like an underdog.  Our record so far is 4-3, I'd say that is an underdog team to be going after a Super Bowl ring.  I think people forget where were the worst team of the decade not too long ago.

cae171ff-dc3c-4a02-a5ca-4ecff8cb344b-kne

• Disagree 1

43 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Bengals are forever an underdog until they win the Super Bowl.  And when they DID go to the Super Bowl everyone had called them an underdog ever since their first playoff win that post season.  When you  have been a "losing" team for as long as the Bengals have been, it's hard to not feel like an underdog.  Our record so far is 4-3, I'd say that is an underdog team to be going after a Super Bowl ring.  I think people forget where were the worst team of the decade not too long ago.

cae171ff-dc3c-4a02-a5ca-4ecff8cb344b-kne

Dude you guys haven’t even been the worst team in the state in 25 years.  We hold significant records in this arena thank you very much.  It wasn’t that long ago Hugh Jackson.

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted
11 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Dude you guys haven’t even been the worst team in the state in 25 years.  We hold significant records in this arena thank you very much.  It wasn’t that long ago Hugh Jackson.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/worst-nfl-record-in-the-2010s

OK, I remember the 90's and we were the worst that decade.  2000's weren't that great either but Cleveland had it worst.  So yeah, Ohio needs that Super Bowl W.  Bengals will win it for all of Ohio 😉