IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Yo! Noid

BeaIank

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

It's funny cuz for years I went by "Noid" on the Playstation Trophies forum, and that video has been used against me with exactly the opposite intent.

That's what I would do so the people over there must be rather clever. 😂

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I played some for fun today and the third stage is really hard. You have to kill enemies with a skateboard and it seems like you have to hit them perfectly with the edge or you get killed.

If you go down hill you'll start to flash, which makes you invincible.

17 minutes ago, Gloves said:

If you go down hill you'll start to flash, which makes you invincible.

I figured that's what the flashing was. Oddly enough, the manual and GameFAQs didn't have a lot of info. I hadn't played this since 1990, so I don't remember much beyond playing it at a friend's house when he rented it.

Lil Cesar’s is always fresh near me. It’s an up-side to living in a rural area.  When it’s pizza night, there’s a line around the building and they can’t cook them fast enough!

I honestly don’t know how they do it.  $5 for a pepperoni pizza that’s not small in this economy way beats out any other alternative in price.

Anyway, I always wish Dominos was better.  I loved the Noid as a kid because I loved claymation-anything, and they’ve seemed to work so hard to stay alive as a company. Alas, their pizza sucks. I wish this weren’t a fact, but it is.

Edited by RH

Quick shout out to @SuperJimtendo as I received my 2nd Super-Care-Package last week which contained a really cool Battletoads Cover Art Plate which means I now have Battletoads AND Double Dragon in that regard!  

Also received a 3-screw cart of Pinball which is nice because I didn't own it, had to borrow that one from a buddy during its week + a couple of Super-Neato Pins of Sonic and Raccoon Mario toting a turtle shell.

On a vaguely related note, during one Rad Racer run last week (late on Sunday) I could have sworn I saw a turtle shell zipping across the race track...  Cleary these competitions can sometimes get a little heavy on one's senses/perception.  ¡Yikes!

Anywho, Thanks Again; Super Jim!!!

BT&DD PLATES.png

Pinball & Sonic:Mario Pins.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

You guys have “hungry howies”?

Nope. I've never even heard of it. Do you have Mr. Gatti's? I used to go there with my mom every week as a kid and sit at the Pac-Man cocktail table. They had a pizza buffet and a small arcade too, but the one I went to closed years and I think the closest one to me now is in Louisville. They used to have the best pizza, but that was 30 years ago. My mom went to one a few years ago and said it wasn't as good as she remembered.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Nope. I've never even heard of it. Do you have Mr. Gatti's? I used to go there with my mom every week as a kid and sit at the Pac-Man cocktail table. They had a pizza buffet and a small arcade too, but the one I went to closed years and I think the closest one to me now is in Louisville. They used to have the best pizza, but that was 30 years ago. My mom went to one a few years ago and said it wasn't as good as she remembered.

Never heard of mr gattis. Awesome memories though. Thanks for sharing 🙂 

41 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Never heard of mr gattis. Awesome memories though. Thanks for sharing 🙂 

Most of them are down south, but it doesn't look like there are any in Florida. There's only one in Ohio, but it's an hour and a half away from me.

https://mrgattispizza.com/homepage/locations/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

You guys have “hungry howies”?

We had a couple in Charlotte and when my wife and I lived in an apartment in that area, there was one across the street.  I recall it being ok.  Not great, certainly not bad, just fine.

We use to also eat super-cheap back then since it was just the pair of us and we were saving to buy a home.  I remember eating at Cici's a lot.  Yup... there wee were.  A couple without kids eating at a super-cheap, all you can eat, kids-probably-sneezing-on-your-food pizza joint, but I have no regrets.

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
42 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I finally got past stage 3, but didn't make it much further. At least it's progress.

To be honest once you know where each enemy appears and how to deal with them, the game is pretty easy. The sewer level is especially short and easy if you just keep moving, most of the enemies (the fish) are totally avoided. 

If you really wanna put up a good score I'd watch the top speedrun on speedrun.com. You don't wanna do everything he does, he skips points, but he quickly does everything that makes it easier to clear. 

If you lose the whack-a-mole game in stage 2, you lose a life and start back at the beginning of the level. And it's so easy to enter that thing by accident.

Usually losing in a bonus game doesn't actually kill you and make you start the level over. What a jank piece of shit.

1 minute ago, mbd39 said:

If you lose the whack-a-mole game in stage 2, you lose a life and start back at the beginning of the level. And it's so easy to enter that thing by accident.

Usually losing in a bonus game doesn't actually kill you and make you start the level over. What a jank piece of shit.

It does the same thing if you lose a pizza eating contest at the end of a level.

2 hours ago, RH said:

We had a couple in Charlotte and when my wife and I lived in an apartment in that area, there was one across the street.  I recall it being ok.  Not great, certainly not bad, just fine.

We use to also eat super-cheap back then since it was just the pair of us and we were saving to buy a home.  I remember eating at Cici's a lot.  Yup... there wee were.  A couple without kids eating at a super-cheap, all you can eat, kids-probably-sneezing-on-your-food pizza joint, but I have no regrets.

The flavored crust shtick is pretty good but the pizza feels like a poor man’s little Caesar’s hence why I brought it up.