IGNORED

SNL fantasy draft

G-type

SNL Fantasy Draft winner  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which lineup wins?

• Cast: Eddie Murphy, Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg, Chevy Chase, Fred Armisen Host: Justin Timberlake Music: Faith No More
    • Cast: Chris Farley, John Belushi, Kate McKinnon, Gilda Radner, Amy Poehler Host: Melissa McCarthy Music: The Band
    • Cast: Bill Murray, Chris Rock, Tina Fey, Jon Lovitz, Tracy Morgan Host: Christopher Walken Music: Blues Brothers
    • Cast: Will Ferrell, Bill Hader, Norm MacDonald, Maya Rudolph, Will Forte Host: Alec Baldwin Music: Nirvana
    • Cast: Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Dan Aykroyd, Darrell Hammond, Jason Sudeikis Host: Steve Martin Music: Beastie Boys
    • Cast: Mike Myers, Adam Sandler, Keenan Thompson, Pete Davidson, Jimmy Fallon Host:Tom Hanks Music: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (feat Dave Grohl)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2023 at 03:59 AM

"SNL used to be good, but it sucks now!"... has been said about literally every single season... probably even season 1.. I don't know, I wasn't around then. So here's your chance to make it better.

Rules:

For this game, you put together a fantasy roster of 5 cast members from any season past or present + 1 host (this is a wild card and doesn't have to be someone who's hosted before) + musical guest (any past musical guest)

Starting order will be randomized and then draft will go snake style until everyone has filled their roster. Post highlight clips to support your choices and winner will be picked by a public vote.

Randomized draft order:

Reed Rothchild: Eddie Murphy, Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg, Chevy Chase, Fred Armisen   host: Justin Timberlake music: Faith No More

doner24: Chris Farley, John Belushi, Kate McKinnon, Gilda Radner, Amy Poehler   host: Melissa McCarthy Music: The Band

Fox: Bill Murray, Chris Rock, Tina Fey, Jon Lovitz, Tracy Morgan    host: Christopher Walken Music: Blues Brothers

G-type: Will Ferrell, Bill Hader, Norm MacDonald, Maya Rudolph, Will Forte,   host: Alec Baldwin   Music: Nirvana

Nugfish: Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Dan Aykroyd, Darrell Hammond, Jason Sudeikis   host: Steve Martin   Music: Beastie Boys

SilverSpoonGaming: Mike Myers, Adam Sandler, Keenan Thompson, Pete Davidson, Jimmy Fallon,    host:Tom Hanks   Music: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (feat Dave Grohl)

Edited by G-type

Interesting idea.  Is the thought we create our roster and then we vote on roster-against-roster until we have a winner?

I'm going to have to think about this. I'd want a list more than 5.  More like 10.  I could rattle off 20 exceptional cast members without any thought.  5 is fine, I suppose because it's not really a best-of list.  You have to be selective but also think of how these comedians would interact with one another.

Hmm....

Edited by RH

7 minutes ago, RH said:

Interesting idea.  Is the thought we create our roster and then we vote on roster-against-roster until we have a winner?

I'm going to have to think about this. I'd want a list more than 5.  More like 10.  I could rattle off 20 exceptional cast members without any thought.  5 is fine, I suppose because it's not really a best-of list.  You have to be selective but also think of how these comedians would interact with one another.

Hmm....

Yes, exactly.

There's about 150 cast members, but probably only around 50 would be desirable picks. Depending on how many players, we could probably bump up the list to 10 picks. More than 5 players though and some of those rosters might have some filler.

11 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

If Norm doesn’t go in the 1st I will officially declare VGS’s taste in comedy as bad as their taste in music.  Notarized and junk.

Norm is one of the funniest people ever and probably the single person I've grown to appreciate most after his death. As a SNL pick? I'm not sure about a first rounder. He admitted he's not a particularly skilled comedic actor. 

14 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Just an idea of the sort of "hot takes" I agree with: Bill Hader > Adam Sandler

Bill Hader is great. Adam Sandler, well, I loved him when I was a teenager. My taste has advanced past that. His humor, while great at times, never really seemed to. I think he'd be happy doing the goat skit forever. 

His dramatic aspirations are admirable but fall short of Hader's, whose comedic chops are also better. Sandler's Punch Drunk Love was ok, I prefer Hader's Barry. I couldn't even finish Sandler's Uncut Gems, and that earns my lowest movie scale rating. I admire the effort and I feel for him as a performer and artist and person, but I just can't give his work more respect or enjoyment. His first few movies were alright for the time though. 

Dana Carvey

He may not have had the same Hollywood success of any of the picks so far, but besides, perhaps Will Ferrell, I do think he has the most impressive SNL resume. Church Lady, Choppin' Broccoli, Massive Head Wound Harry, Pepper Boy, Garth, Hans. Renowned impressions of Johnny Carson, George Bush, Ross Perot, Paul McCartney, and James Stewart among others.

@SilverspoonGaming

Edited by Nugfish
  • Like 1