IGNORED

SNL fantasy draft

G-type

SNL Fantasy Draft winner  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which lineup wins?

• Cast: Eddie Murphy, Kristen Wiig, Andy Samberg, Chevy Chase, Fred Armisen Host: Justin Timberlake Music: Faith No More
    • Cast: Chris Farley, John Belushi, Kate McKinnon, Gilda Radner, Amy Poehler Host: Melissa McCarthy Music: The Band
    • Cast: Bill Murray, Chris Rock, Tina Fey, Jon Lovitz, Tracy Morgan Host: Christopher Walken Music: Blues Brothers
    • Cast: Will Ferrell, Bill Hader, Norm MacDonald, Maya Rudolph, Will Forte Host: Alec Baldwin Music: Nirvana
    • Cast: Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Dan Aykroyd, Darrell Hammond, Jason Sudeikis Host: Steve Martin Music: Beastie Boys
    • Cast: Mike Myers, Adam Sandler, Keenan Thompson, Pete Davidson, Jimmy Fallon Host:Tom Hanks Music: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (feat Dave Grohl)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2023 at 03:59 AM

Phil Hartman. 

Phil was in ALOT of the skits during his tenure. He was most of the straight characters because he could pull off the serious dad or boss and still be able to interject comedy while staying in character. He did much of the voice-over work, including one of my favorites: Deep Thoughts with Jack Handy. If that wasn't enough, he had wonderful original characters like Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer and the Anal Retentive chef, and fantastic impersonations of Phil Donahue, Ed McMahon, Bill Clinton, Frank Sinatra & Charleton Heston

@G-type

I'll take Alec Baldwin as my host. Probably the most iconic characters of any non-cast member: Schweddy Balls, Canteen Boy, Trump, The Mimic..

Couldn't find a youtube clip of the Mimic, but its at the 10 minute mark of this archive clip: 

https://archive.org/details/saturday-night-live-s-18-e-13-alec-baldwin-paul-mc-cartney

@Nugfish

Edited by G-type

On 3/14/2023 at 5:39 PM, Nugfish said:

Dan Aykroyd

Many recurring roles including 'Wild and Crazy Guys', Cone Heads, Blues Brothers, and Fred Garvin the male prostitute. Love this guy!

My favorite Aykroyd sketch was Irwin Mainway defending his toy company that produced "Bag o'Glass" (among others)