IGNORED

Gem Of Your Collection

DarkTone

A popular thread from [name redacted], what is the pride and joy of your gaming collection? Doesn't have to be the rarest or most expensive item. If your collection was in a museum, this would have it's own display, with velvet rope, and bad elevator music.

Maybe it's a recent grail. Or something from your childhood.

• Like 1

I'll try to edit with pictures later.  Currently, I think what's setting on my top isn't my most expensive title, or even one in the top 10.

I've been looking for Game Boy game cartridge variants for a while.  One of the harder ones to find is the Rated-E version of the Super Mario Land titles, which were released in 1996--quite a few years after their initial release.

These cartridges don't come up.  I know, because I look at every SML post on eBay and I've almost never seen them.  Anyway, to my luck someone posted Super Mario Land 2... CIB in fantastic shape! Both the cartridge and the box checked out. The internal pieces also matched the era.

A Greatest Hits Super Mario Land 2 isn't worth that much, but considering is extreme rarity as a cartridge, I'm really glad to be owning a CIB copy.  I'll likely have it sent to WATA and have them photograph the contents, in time.  It should get a fairly high grade and for now, its the...

Gem of RH's Collection.

PHOTO GALLERY

(Incoming in a future edit.)

Edited by RH
  • Like 2

Streets of Rage 2. Countless times my brother and I finished that game all the way back to our youth. We only owned the cartridge back then, so every move, every skill, every hidden 1UP we discovered on our own in the 90's without internet, a gaming magazine, or a hint book. Yeah, we played it a lot. This was the pinnacle of side scrolling beat-em ups for me.

• Like 3

I don't have anything too crazy, but [pun intended] the gem of my collection might be my loose North American copy of Jewel Time Deluxe for Nintendo DS. Found it through GameStop, had it shipped to my local store, had to control myself when I went to pick it up. Probably the only time I'll find something like this in the wild! It's really nothing special other than being rare but it's a game about literal gems. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Loxx O))) said:

Nothing to hate about that. Doom 2 sealed is nice. Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 have a very special place in my heart.

Yeah I’m right there with you! Doom ii is the first one I played with my father. That’s why it’s so special too me.

id love to have ultimate doom and wolfenstein 3d cib too! 

1 minute ago, Neo Geo strong said:

Yeah I’m right there with you! Doom ii is the first one I played with my father. That’s why it’s so special too me.

id love to have ultimate doom and wolfenstein 3d cib too! 

I remember my dad telling me about how he played Doom at work and around 95 he bought a computer. I remember going to his place and playing that game all night. Fond memories of my dad with Doom as well. He bought me the second one for PC and 64 for Christmas. Good times. I feel you.

I guess it really depends on what we're walking about. As for games that I would never sell, that would definitely be the few remaining games from my childhood such as Secret of Mana, Lufia 2, Breath of Fire 2 (CIB), Zelda A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time or Mario Kart 64.

As for gems or special pieces of my collection it would be these two seemingly unimposing games: Bushi Seiryuuden on the left is an RPG by GameFreak, before they were completely overtaken by Pokemon. The artwork is done by Ken Sugiyama, who also did the early Pokemon artwork as well, and you can definitely see the resemblance. It also goes for quite a bit of money online, considering that old JRPGs are usually plenty and cheap.

The other game is probably even harder to guess, but that is actually Super Famicom Wars, the predecessor to Advance Wars! It was only released on those Memory Cartridges or the Satellaview, I think. As a game it's mostly unremarkable since the gameplay was polished to the utmost degree with Advance Wars 1 and 2, so that going back to this older game is mostly for curiosity's sake. But it's still a cool collection piece and a game, that I want to eventually complete one day. I also own every other game in the Console Wars series, unless you include Battalion Wars, because I'm still missing the first game on the Gamecube. But from what I've heard those games are completely different, so I wouldn't necessarily count them towards the actual series.

Another gem that I would like to own one day is a copy of Fire Emblem Thrakia 776 for the Super Famicom in good condition, but that easily goes for 200 bucks or more online.

games.jpg

games2.jpg

• Like 3