IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

33 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Is there any games remaining that aren’t too difficult and take max 5-7hours?

This should be all that's left with HLTB (main story) times and what's claimed/mentioned:

Claimed/mentioned by Title HLTB
ZeldaFan042 Body Harvest 14.5
RetroMichel PGA European Tour 12.5
ZeldaFreak Doom 64 7
  WWF Attitude 7
  Nightmare Creatures 6.5
WalterWhiteJr. Bomberman 64: The Second Attack 6
McBryce WWF Wrestlemania 2000 6
  WWF War Zone 5.5
Jeevan Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M. 5
ZeldaFan042 Carmageddon 64 4.5
  ECW Hardcore Revolution 3.5
Nugfish Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling  
  Mia Hamm Soccer 64  

Edited by ikk
  • Thanks 2

Events Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, ikk said:

This should be all that's left with HLTB (main story) times and what's claimed/mentioned:

ZeldaFreak Doom 64 7
  WWF Attitude 7
  Nightmare Creatures 6.5
  WWF War Zone 5.5
  Mia Hamm Soccer 64  

Thanks. I think after DOOM 64 is done I'll go ahead and try out ECW since that one's very short and see how I do with one of the wrestling games, if I find I don't want to gouge my eyes out afterwards I'll go ahead and take care of the other two unclaimed wrestling games just to get them out of the way.

I'll also say if Brunswick Bowling isn't done by around mid-December I'll go ahead and pick that one up too just to be 100% sure since like I said @Nugfish hasn't been on in awhile.

@ZeldaFan042 You still working on Body Harvest & Carmageddon?

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Brickman said:

Yep. We are going to get those N64 gifs going all over this site once we finish this.

I reckon we takeover the main site avatar and give him a N64 logo for a head 🤣 and instead of snow it can be little N64 logos falling.

@Gloves usually forgets to change the logo, you think he gonna do that 🤣

• Haha 2

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 291/303
Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, Tantalus said:

I suck at fighting games and I couldn't care less about wrestling, but I somehow made it through WWF War Zone.

I had tried the ECW game earlier, but that seemed to be beyond my skill level. So I don't think I can be of much help with the other wrestling games that are left.

Warzone.jpg

Warzone-2.jpg

God's work!!!!

You should uh, try them anyway?  😘

Events Team · Posted

0e767a43731f2e7e9b963c0bc381bef4.jpg

Absolutely fantastic game for sure, easily in the same league as the first 2 DOOM games. Very very glad I finally had an excuse to play this one, had an absolute blast with it. Very nice palette cleanser after Ogre Battle, haha.

I played the 2020 release of the game rather than the original rom since I had easy access to it on Steam, it was a pre-order bonus for DOOM Eternal. It's completely identical to the original other than modern quality of life features like less pixelated graphics, support for much higher resolutions and framerates, widescreen support, FOV slider, etc. Plus an additional bonus campaign connecting the story of 64 to Eternal, which I'll definitely play through prior to moving on to ECW.

• Like 10

On 11/30/2023 at 9:09 PM, ZeldaFan042 said:

20231130_210726.jpg.577d455a0bdf70daf61bbbaf01770f78.jpg

What is the name of the Emulator you are using?  I tried one recently but it didn't seem to work at all.  I can't say I've spent much time researching the topic but I did run into multiple claims that there are no good N64 Emulators available....

(if this topic has been covered before, apologies for my having missed it...)

Edited by PII

Events Helper · Posted
18 minutes ago, PII said:

What is the name of the Emulator you are using?  I tried one recently but it didn't seem to work at all.  I can't say I've spent much time researching the topic but I did run into multiple claims that there are no good N64 Emulators available....

(if this topic has been covered before, apologies for my having missed it...)

possibly project 64, it seems to be the best out there.....if that really means anything 😆

• Like 2

On 11/30/2023 at 6:27 AM, ikk said:

ZeldaFreak Doom 64 7
  WWF Attitude 7
  Nightmare Creatures 6.5
  WWF War Zone 5.5
  Mia Hamm Soccer 64  

Can someone take bomberman? I was staffed on a work project that’s going to jam me up into late January. Will definitely be looking to help out next year with beating all games. 

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

Can someone take bomberman? I was staffed on a work project that’s going to jam me up into late January. Will definitely be looking to help out next year with beating all games. 

I was thinking of trying out Bomberman prior to you originally claiming it actually, I can do it after ECW if nobody else wants it. (If someone DOES want it let me know, trying to prioritize the games nobody else wants now that DOOM is done.)

Also, personally once we accomplish this for 2023, I'll consider it job well done once and for all and not participate in the thread next year, I don't want to beat every N64 game in a year, just to then go back and do it all over again, haha. I'm thinking next year I'll help out with one of the other beat every game threads. Maybe NES since they always seem to have trouble with the final couple dozen games over there for whatever reason, I'd probably prioritize the games they didn't beat this year.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Also, personally once we accomplish this for 2023, I'll consider it job well done once and for all and not participate in the thread next year, I don't want to beat every N64 game in a year, just to then go back and do it all over again, haha.

Yeah I’d be surprised if we manage to finish this again in a year time limit for a while.

StarCraft and Ogre Battle seems like games not many people are willing to put the time into.

• Agree 1

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Brickman said:

Yeah I’d be surprised if we manage to finish this again in a year time limit for a while.

StarCraft and Ogre Battle seems like games not many people are willing to put the time into.

Yeah I couldn't even manage Starcraft last year, just completely drained me after awhile. Part of the reason I started taking my time with Ogre Battle since I didn't want that to happen again. (Also I'm lazy but that's neither here nor there)

If I could've used an actual mouse with Starcraft it would've been much more manageable for me I think. Ogre Battle is a lot more tolerable without a proper mouse.