IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

Editorials Team · Posted

I can barely still ride a tire swing with my kids, and I definitely can't do spinning rides at the county fair anymore. But I could just a couple years ago. I'm not getting old at it's... it's COVID! I don't get sick from playing games yet though. But I'm usually playing on an itty bitty screen.

43 minutes ago, Brickman said:

The true kart racer on the N64 and waaaaay better than MK64 😎

😒

• Haha 1

This frequently happens to me on VGS. I took the pic rightside up, but it posts upside down. This is proof!!!!!!

I also can't quote topics anymore because it immediately highlights the full quote and won't allow me to type. I guess these smartphones are too much for me...where's my Apple II!?...

Screenshot_20230115_143108_Gallery.jpg

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

lame

You know it's true 🙂

We might make 100 titles beat by the end of Jan at this rate. That would be a great start.

3 minutes ago, Splain said:

Whoa, yes I did, and it took hours. Am I... trying to sabotage myself?

I don't know if you know this trick with Mario party 1 (might also work for 2 & 3 haven't tried) but on the last turn switch all the CPU's to humans and you will get all their coins too.

Probably technically not in the spirit of our challenge but just thought I would give you a heads up in case you accidently slip and change them to humans next time 😉 

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
8 minutes ago, Splain said:

Whoa, yes I did, and it took hours. Am I... trying to sabotage myself?

first sabotage of the year.

4 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

This frequently happens to me on VGS. I took the pic rightside up, but it posts upside down. This is proof!!!!!!

I also can't quote topics anymore because it immediately highlights the full quote and won't allow me to type. I guess these smartphones are too much for me...where's my Apple II!?...

Screenshot_20230115_143108_Gallery.jpg

69%....

Happy The Office GIF by Cameo

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Brickman said:

You know it's true 🙂

We might make 100 titles beat by the end of Jan at this rate. That would be a great start.

I don't know if you know this trick with Mario party 1 (might also work for 2 & 3 haven't tried) but on the last turn switch all the CPU's to humans and you will get all their coins too.

Probably technically not in the spirit of our challenge but just thought I would give you a heads up in case you accidently slip and change them to humans next time 😉 

never played it, but MK64 is GOAT

• Wow! 1

6 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I will, but I always see it as a MK64 knock off.  I'll give it an honest go, but I might be a little biased as Mario is my favorite character!

Well yeah I guess every kart racer is a knock off of MK, that just can't be avoided. However it isn't really anything like MK64 (besides racing around a track with karts), it is definitely its own thing and personally I think it improved on MK64. 

You may not end up liking it more than MK64 but I do look forward to seeing where you rank it on the list, because I do think sometimes it is a bit forgotten or ignored because people have the impression it is a MK64 knockoff.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Brickman said:

Well yeah I guess every kart racer is a knock off of MK, that just can't be avoided. However it isn't really anything like MK64 (besides racing around a track with karts), it is definitely its own thing and personally I think it improved on MK64. 

You may not end up liking it more than MK64 but I do look forward to seeing where you rank it on the list, because I do think sometimes it is a bit forgotten or ignored because people have the impression it is a MK64 knockoff.

everyone raves, hopefully it will not disappoint.  I always see everything donkey kong as a mario knockoff honestly.....dkc smw.....just the way it appears to me is all lol

Editorials Team · Posted

As a kid, I thought it mattered, and I had Mario Kart and not Diddy Kong, so I was on Team Mario Kart.

In all honesty, DKR is great fun. It's got tons of stuff that MK64 doesn't (hub world, silver coins, selectable powerups, different vehicles, racial stereotyping, boss battles, unlockable characters) and Mario Kart has what I'd say is better course design and tighter mechanics, and those pre-rendered graphics.

I have a ton of nostalgia and deeply-ingrained muscle memory for MK, so it's hard to say which one I'd like more if I approached them both fairly and clean-slatey.

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Gloves said:

Hey man if you don't wanna play it I'd be happy to do so for the billionth time. I'll never get bored of DKR.

You are free to do so, i wasn't necessairly talking about this year.....i got so many games to play 😆.  If you can knock it out fairly quick have at it kuz im still on protoss Brood War, im only knocking out easy ones as i go, i think DKR will take a bit of focus....