IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

7 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Not actually playing it tonight, just wanted to go ahead and at least see what the game was actually like before properly hopping in tomorrow.

I'm thinking after this I may actually play DOOM 64, been wanting to play that for awhile now and this seems like as good of an excuse as any to play it, so I'll go ahead and claim that game as a little reward for myself for after I beat Ogre Battle if that's alright with y'all. I'll be playing the Steam version once I get to it since if memory serves I got it as a pre-order bonus for DOOM Eternal

Thank you for taking one for the team haha. You and Jeevan are gods amongst men.

As the person who completed Doom 64 last year I can say that you will have heaps of fun with it. There are a few areas that were a little frustrating but overall it was really well made and heaps of fun!

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
4 hours ago, Brickman said:

Thank you for taking one for the team haha. You and Jeevan are gods amongst men.

As the person who completed Doom 64 last year I can say that you will have heaps of fun with it. There are a few areas that were a little frustrating but overall it was really well made and heaps of fun!

I think I'm gonna be better at starcraft now, I think I found a way to group units......I looked it up because after my next mission, I will have to move air and ground units in tandem or air and air just to be able to wipe out a base.  button combos ftw!!!

• Wow! 1

2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

I think I'm gonna be better at starcraft now, I think I found a way to group units......I looked it up because after my next mission, I will have to move air and ground units in tandem or air and air just to be able to wipe out a base.  button combos ftw!!!

You made it that far without grouping!?! Amazing. That was like the first thing I googled haha.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Splain said:

Did a tiny tournament in Virtual Pool. I'm gonna research it just a little to see if there's a proper ending or credit roll in the game somewhere. Fun pool sim though.

GT3QtYB.png

For some reason I hired this game when I was younger (probably all the games I wanted were gone) and actually ended up really enjoying this game too.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Do you have carriers yet?

Just hunker and build that fleet 😅

Oh i do, its just rough as carriers are expensive as fuck and you have a tiny area to build and limited resources.  I took a look at a map, seems there are 2 expansions close to the first 2 base areas.  It's gonna be a rough one for sure.  Already failed twice trying to get a foot on the map.  No mouse and keyboard is killing me.  It's so rough having to do all this with button combos and a joystick.........

Edit:  It would really help if the protoss had a better defensive turret, the cannons just aren't that great.

Edited by Jeevan

7 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

ikr, it wants to fuck ya over just by not having a mouse and keyboard 😉  This game is so much easier on pc......it lags so much on n64 its not funny!!!!!!

If it helps you are a much braver gamer than I am. If that happened to me I would have spent the first 5 minutes screaming "No!" at the game, with the remaining 35 minutes curled in the corner of a shower saying "That game made me double team even after it knew the controls were bad." While I traumatically missed the days when a Nintendo game knew what "NO" means.

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, FenrirZero said:

If it helps you are a much braver gamer than I am. If that happened to me I would have spent the first 5 minutes screaming "No!" at the game, with the remaining 35 minutes curled in the corner of a shower saying "That game made me double team even after it knew the controls were bad." While I traumatically missed the days when a Nintendo game knew what "NO" means.

who's to say i haven't had trauma during this attempt at SC64.  I have had multiple restarts of missions 😆.  But thanks for the support!  You wanna complete a game of your choice to help out?  😆.  Sorry, its a reflex asking for help 😉  Overall this game really isn't bad, it comes down to the fact that the controls really just suck lol

• Haha 1

On 1/7/2023 at 3:43 AM, ZeldaFreak said:

I mean you're free to tackle Pokemon Stadium if you'd like, I was just saying I can do them if nobody else wants to.

On 1/7/2023 at 3:47 AM, ZeldaFan042 said:

I'll start on that tomorrow then

I started Pokemon Stadium yesterday because it wasn't in the claimed list and just now remembered this.😅

Have you made some progress on it or should I continue it?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

who's to say i haven't had trauma during this attempt at SC64.  I have had multiple restarts of missions 😆.  But thanks for the support!  You wanna complete a game of your choice to help out?  😆.  Sorry, its a reflex asking for help 😉  Overall this game really isn't bad, it comes down to the fact that the controls really just suck lol

I’ll be interested to see where this game ranks on your list.

We really have to finish all the games this year after this amazing dedication but it also means it is unlikely anyone else will be brave enough to do it next year haha.

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Instead of sleeping, I finished Ms Pac Man Maze Madness and got started on Mario Party. I found a Youtube playthrough of Virtual Pool 64 that showed credits after a tournament, but then when I did it myself, copying all the settings/options, I got no credit roll. I also found other playthroughs that also didn't show credits. The manual doesn't say anything about it. So I dunno. I'm marking it complete.

jpN5vJU.png

• Like 5