IGNORED

It’s almost October, what are you playing for Halloween?

BortLicensePlate

I took a long break from the hobby, playing and collecting. But now I’m starting to get the itch to get back into it!

Anyways since it’s the time of year I was thinking the first game I want to play is Resident Evil 4. I have seen a lot of the game but never played it all the way through. I saw it was half price on the switch eshop and wanted to give it a go. 

If I beat RE4 in a timely manner I may also do a quick play through of Castlevania on NES, or maybe I’ll play Dead Space for the first time. 

What are you all going to play in October?

• Like 2

If I play it'll probably end up being some 8/16bit traditional stuff we got all along from Castlevania and GnG type stuff.

Honestly though the plan was I'm holding onto some anime tv series/movies/ovas I found in recent months and since they're dark, spooky, more sadistic stuff even too I figured it would be the perfect month. 😉

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a link to last year's topic if anyone wants to see what games/movies people were checking out in 2021: VGS Halloween 2021.

I was slacking a bit this year (and also just had another baby; three children has transformed our house from controlled chaos to absolute madness) and didn't get the topic ready in time for late September

As for me, my family already did our yearly viewing of Nightmare Before Christmas which is always fantastic. I doubt the wife and I will have time to sit down for any mature movies with our sleep schedules so messed up right now.

Regarding gaming, I don't think I'm going to get into the backlog, but I am going to check out Scorn since it's releasing on Game Pass today. It looks creepy and weird in a lot of cool ways with a lot of H.R. Giger influence.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 7:46 AM, nesmaster14 said:

Castlevania Chronicles (PS1), first time trying to playthrough.  It's basically the Sharp X68000 Castlevania game that plays a bit like a Genesis version of the NES games and perhaps a bit of CV4. 

I bought Castlevania Chronicles when it came out and it seemed kind of disappointing since it came out after SOTN. It's a solid Castlevania game, just not one of the better ones IMO. I'll probably play Super Castlevania IV myself. I usually try to play through it this time of the year.

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I bought Castlevania Chronicles when it came out and it seemed kind of disappointing since it came out after SOTN. It's a solid Castlevania game, just not one of the better ones IMO. I'll probably play Super Castlevania IV myself. I usually try to play through it this time of the year.

Nice.  I'm about halfway through Chronicles at the moment. I'm more into the NES trilogy so it feels like a nice middleground for me between the 8/32-bit games.  I'm not sure how I feel about some of the arrange mode music with its techno vibe; seems a bit unusual for Castlevania, but it's neat haha.

13 hours ago, nesmaster14 said:

Nice.  I'm about halfway through Chronicles at the moment. I'm more into the NES trilogy so it feels like a nice middleground for me between the 8/32-bit games.  I'm not sure how I feel about some of the arrange mode music with its techno vibe; seems a bit unusual for Castlevania, but it's neat haha.

Yeah, it's definitely different. I thought it was okay, but the reviews seemed pretty mixed.

I've been working on some horror anime, not touched any games in the realm.  I just started up something I found today Requiem From the Darkness on DVD taking down the 1st of 4 DVDs.  It's dark, good, nice twist to it all with each unique story.

I've also so far looked into one that sucked, fell asleep, called Karas so I dumped it and kept the case since it was a dollar.  In the previous week I went through Ghostwalkers Daydream which is unique and solid, and along with that also Nightwalker Eternal Darkness over 2 DVDs which was great.

Currently my kid is enjoying animal crossing's yearly halloween event so far.  I just can't get into it anymore which saddens me, but the high frequency your items break is a deal breaking put off to commit to it, especially as the formerly indestructible gold ones do too (so stupid.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

@OptOut I think Dave got caught in a timewarp again. 😛

You should have seen it, we practiced for an effing Halloween performance for three weeks, you would have thought that the month of October was all Halloween...

Then last Wednesday we had the real performance, kids went trick or treating, etc. Spoke to @Tanooki about it briefly.

The thing that pisses me the most off is that there's that nice, actually somewhat spooky month-long holiday known as Ghost Month, yet we don't do jack shit for it (and it actually feels somewhat creepy as everyone here is so superstitious) yet then we stretch the day-long Halloween out for a month , which is neither scary nor cool nor even authentic to what the actual westerners do ...