IGNORED

Another amateur, here...

Hi guys,

I am a fan of retro-gaming (in every sense of the word) and more particularly of the NES, the console of my childhood, for which I have a huge affection. I live in France, in the ouest side.

A few years ago, I discovered the homebrew scene, a little by chance. And since then, I'm fond of every news, every demo, every new game announced...
I know very little about the ASM language, I tried to get into the Nerdy Nights tutorials, but it was too difficult for me (and I quitted at that time).
However, for the past 2 years, I started, so I am newbie... but I learned a lot in a few months, I was able to understand the basics of the language and I am now able to write some scripts, by myself.

Hmmm... I know it's not very popular here, but... I owe this to NESmaker (by Joe Granato), who was, for me, the gateway/small-door to the Assembly language. I think it's a very good tool to begin with (even if it has his issues and lacks). It is visual and fun, you see the result of your modification immediately... Also, it can be used for educational purposes.

My 6-year-old son has started creating NES games, developing his own universe( Kubo, the cowboy turtle). It is a father-son activity, which we practice together during some weekends, or school holidays. These moments are priceless ❤️ 

Thanks for accepting me, humbly, in that community.

Here are some screenshots of my creations:

Press-Start-Game-Start-Screen.png  Press-Start-Game.png  Press-Start-Game-Screen-01.png

Underground-Adventure-Start-Screen.png  Underground-Adventure-Level-1.png  Underground-Adventure-Level-5.png

My son's games:

KUBO-001.png  KUBO-002.png  KUBO-003.png

KUBO-2-001.png  KUBO-2-002.png  KUBO-2-008.png

Kubo-3-NESmaker-001.png  Kubo-3-NESmaker-002.png  Kubo-3-NESmaker-003.png

PS: I might post more infos and ROM links about those small games, it I am allowed to...

• Like 9

4 hours ago, dale_coop said:

My 6-year-old son has started creating NES games, developing his own universe( Kubo, the cowboy turtle).

My son's games:

KUBO-001.png  KUBO-002.png  KUBO-003.png

KUBO-2-001.png  KUBO-2-002.png  KUBO-2-008.png

Kubo-3-NESmaker-001.png  Kubo-3-NESmaker-002.png  Kubo-3-NESmaker-003.png

Um, yes please! Obviously, we have no clue what the calibre of these games might be but at some point a "Kubo The Cowboy Turtle" is going to need to make it's way to the Switch and have an LRG release!

Seriously, looks great for such a young dev and it's awesome to see you facilitate that type of creativity.  Tell him to keep up the good work, and you keep up being an awesome Dad!

• 2 weeks later...