IGNORED

WATA Pop Reports are HERE

I have a crazy story on New Leaf. I have like a set of New Leaf prototype carts that were discovered at a swap meet in Florida about 10 minutes from where New Leaf carts were created. I forget all the details, I actually made a detailed post about it on both NA and Sega Age, but, well, yeah…

• Like 1

Moderator · Posted
4 hours ago, RH said:

Well I did find another F-Zero seems to be the only 10 in the SNES lot.  And I hear you.  i just find it odd that now that they've probably graded near Many 10s of 1,000s of sealed games (or close to it), so few are 10s when their grading is so lax.

Anyway, other interesting things I've noticed.  Unless this is just sealed games, there were no graded Game Factory/New Leaf carts, which I always pay attention too.  If it weren't for my former experience, I'd also consider sending mine in just to get them entombed but, no.  Not with Wata.  Does VGA grade items like this?  I know that grade games that were unshrinkwrapped and high-end items like NWCs but I don't know if New Leafs fit the bill since they are still quite obscure.

They seemed to only the true vintage games, but no PS1 stuff?  Why not?  I still don't know why they wouldn't post reports for modern stuff, but seeing the PS1 stuff missing is odd.

Clayfighter 2 and Ballz have 10’s as well. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RH said:

Well, on of the things I find truly.... odd(?) is the large lack of 10.0s.  Don't get me wrong, a 10.0 should be held for the highest, of highest quality games.  I skimmed through the higher quantity systems and I only saw two, and they were both for NES titles-- Wolverine and Karate Kid.  Has anyone ever seen these two games?  I know when I pulled my "unofficial" pop report of my own last June (or was it two years ago?!) there was only one 10 in the entire population of ALL games.

The reason why this is odd is because I swear these guys are just looking at games and slapping grades on them that "feel" right to the grader.  I don't know what they are really doing, but I've pointed out with my one graded game, it was damaged at the factory, they took pictures of it and posted them before it was cased or they posted a grade and they gave the seal an A and the title a 9.6.  That type of slackness in grading, to me, means that NOTHING should be a 10.0 (because you're not looking that close) or some games, a certain percent, even if it's 1-in-1,000 should reach that 10.0 mark by some standard.

It's odd.  I'd almost think that if they aren't honest, they'd slap a 10 on something every now and then just for marketing but no, they grade poorly but are stingy for 10.0s.

On Mar 20, DoctorEncore posted in my topic link here. The karate kid was advertised on there Instagram a year ago but I couldn't find it. I did find the link to Wolverine 10.0 link here.

Edited by AnimalHouse

Unrelated to pop reports but I also saw on their instagram they are now offering "modern grading".  I didn't see a start date, but i did see DS games on the list, but no way to list them on the front page.

If that hasn't started yet, you guys on any mailing lists know when it begins?

20 hours ago, RH said:

Unrelated to pop reports but I also saw on their instagram they are now offering "modern grading".  I didn't see a start date, but i did see DS games on the list, but no way to list them on the front page.

If that hasn't started yet, you guys on any mailing lists know when it begins?

They sent an email out about it and included an email address for people who wanted to be the first to test them. They’re apparently going to choose a select amount from whoever emails. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ApebitMusic said:

Sooo, when you search for a game and it doesn’t even come up, does that mean they have graded zero copies or it’s just not in their system? For example, the greatest game of all time (which I coincidentally own sealed) Karnaaj Rally for GBA 🤓

no graded copies

pop 0 baby 🚀🚀🚀

• Haha 1

I did this earlier in the week. I’m a gba nerd so these numbers don’t surprise me. That said, woohoo 

i cross checked my highest grades with the pops and was surprised to learn I have 5 games that are highest (or tied for highest).

- golden sun (9.8 A++) - pop 2

- mega man xtreme 2 (9.6 A++) - pop 4

- mega man & bass (9.6 A++) - pop 3

- mega man battle network 2 (9.8 A+) - pop 1

- mega man battle network 3: blue version (9.6 A+) - pop 3

Edited by inasuma
  • Like 2

Administrator · Posted
Just now, inasuma said:

I did this earlier in the week. I’m a gba nerd so these numbers don’t surprise me. That said, woohoo 

i cross checked my highest grades with the pops and was surprised to learn I have 5 games that are highest (or tied for highest).

- **golden sun** (9.8 A++) - pop 2

- **mega man xtreme 2** (9.6 A++) - pop 4

- **mega man & bass** (9.6 A++) - pop 3

- **mega man battle network 2** (9.8 A+) - pop 1

- **mega man battle network 3: blue version** (9.6 A+) - pop 3

Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Gulag Joe said:

New December 2022 Wata pop reports are out. Still only three 9.8 A++ Super Mario 64’s out there. Wonder what happened to all those pallets of perfect games that were supposed to come flooding in!

Everybody holding cases or pallets saw the writing on the wall as the bottom fell out of the market and decided that paying a crazy premium to grade those games wasn't worth the ROI.  Pretty simple, actually.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

Everybody holding cases or pallets saw the writing on the wall as the bottom fell out of the market and decided that paying a crazy premium to grade those games wasn't worth the ROI.  Pretty simple, actually.

I would have loved a dirt cheap minty sm64. What jerks!!!

5 hours ago, jonebone said:

The CIB pop reports were exciting to finally see.  I suspect when the CIB pricing comes back down (it's inevitable with CGC in the market now) and the Wata redesign cases are out, then we'll see a lot more coming in.

also sounds like 3ds grading will arrive with those new cases as well which is great. i'll probably submit a handful of DVD games for reholder at that time.

• Like 1