IGNORED

All Jelly Belly flavors, ranked

Splain

Editorials Team · Posted

Ok, the last time I had a huge thing of Jelly Belly jelly beans available to me, these were the flavors in it. I recognize that some of them are weird/limited, and aren't in the usual huge-thing-of-jelly-bellies collection, but these are what I had so I ranked them. These are listed from BEST (top) to WORST (bottom). Turns out I like the soda flavors. Shrug!

I'd say Champagne and below is the "leave for someone else" zone, and Cappuccino and below is the "nobody should have to eat these, drill em in the garby" zone. I throw those guys away with no hesitation.

Flavor Description Notes
Dr. Pepper Brown with hint of red Easily confused for Chocolate. Be ready for disappointment.
Root Beer Sliiiightly translucent brown Sometimes Cappuccino looks like Root Beer. Squish and smell first.
Cream Soda Translucent white Highest-ranking bean that isn't easily confused for a worse flavor.
Toasted Marshmallow White with brown slotches Tastes a lot like Vanilla actually
Vanilla White with tiny black dots  
Black licorice Black I understand not everyone likes black-licorice flavor.
Top Banana Opaque yellow with brown slplotches Artificial banana flavor is also very polarizing
Watermelon Dark green outside, red inside Tastes more like watermelon than common "artificial watermelon" flavor
Bubble Gum Classic bubble-gum pink  
Strawberry Jam Red with dark red splotches  
Tutti-Fruitti Pink with multi-colored splotches  
Juicy Pear Light opaque green with Dark green spots  
Orange Sherbet Bright orange  
Lemon Drop Translucent yellow with white splotches  
Mixed Berry Smoothie Purple with dark splotches  
Raspberry Red with dark red interior  
Berry Blue Translucent light blue  
Strawberry Daiquiri Pink with red spots  
Grapefruit Beige outside, pink interior  
Green Apple Plain green  
Orange Translucent orange  
Tangerine Translucent orange but different??  
Maple Syrup Light brown  
Lemon Lime Light translucent green  
Cotton Candy Slightly darker pink than Bubble Gum tastes like pink
Grape Soda Plain purple  
Strawberry Cheesecake Opaque light pink with red splotches  
Margarita Light translucent green with dark green splotches  
7Up Very light green, almost white  
Pina Colada Plain yellow  
Blackberry Dark purple  
Pineapple Light yellow but not too light?  
Blueberry Opaque darkish blue Tastes more like chemicals than blueberries
Peach Orange with red splotches Blends well with others, doesn't taste spectacular on its own
Mango Yellow with green splotches Doesn't really remind me of a mango, just tastes generically tangy
Champagne Shiny white and off-white? Not a strong flavor
Chocolate Dark brown, hard to distinguish from Dr. Pepper Mixes well if you're smart about it; kind of an odd flavor on its own
Cinnamon Red  
Sizzling Cinnamon Red with yellow splotches Why are there two cinnamon flavors?
Sour Cherry Neon Red Very strong flavor, takes over all other flavors
Sour Apple Neon Green See above
Krispy Kreme Blueberry Light brown, white and dark splotches I want to like these but they taste terrible
Krispy Kreme Glazed Light brown, "shinier" than maple syrup See above
Cappuccino Dark brown with black spots and white splotches I don't know, I don't want my candy to taste like coffee.
Buttered Popcorn White with yellow splotches Tastes like garbage mixed with butter and sugar
Caramel Popcorn White with orange splotches
Ranked below Buttered Popcorn because it takes 100% exactly identical to Buttered Popcorn, so it's deceptive and gets penalized

• Like 1
  • Wow! 2
  • Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, RH said:

Interesting. The buttered popcorn one is weird but is possibly my favorite. Since it’s sweet, it’s more like kettle corn. In fact, I like a lot of the ones you have on the lower end of your list.

It takes all kinds…

Hoo boy, I cannot stand them. If I eat one on accident, it takes forever to get the taste out of my mouth. But I see them for sale (just the popcorn ones) at bulk-food stores, so obviously SOMEONE likes them.

4 hours ago, Splain said:
6 hours ago, G-type said:

what about their intentionally gross flavors like grass, vomit, earwax, dirt...

Dude, I don't even understand that stuff. Those flavors really are gross, add they get applauded for making them. ???

Grass And Dirt sound intriguing.  Vomit and Earwax = Send a good shrink over to JellyBelly Headquarters, stat. 

10 hours ago, G-type said:

what about their intentionally gross flavors like grass, vomit, earwax, dirt...

Yeah, I refuse to eat those.  I think the originated from a game they made of jelly bean "roulette".  You had a four small containers and spun a wheel to determine which one you pulled a jelly bean from.  Each section had a nasty flavor or a good flavor, but they both looked the same.  Vomit, for instance, might have been paired with Tuti-Fruti and vomit with caramel, or something like that.

These were obviously made for children.  Those things are an abomination and not allowed in my house.

I like popcorn. Krispy Kreme sounds good as hell. I like sour apple and would probably like sour cherry. I typically don't like berry blue or bubblegum flavors.

Nobody likes black licorice. The high ranking indicates a severe anomaly. @Splain please report back to CPU core for reprogramming. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

11 hours ago, Splain said:

Dude, I don't even understand that stuff. Those flavors really are gross, add they get applauded for making them. ???

They are joke flavors for this game.

https://www.amazon.com/Jelly-Belly-BeanBoozled-Spinner-Beans/dp/B01M0UAE76/ref=asc_df_B01M0UAE76/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312157254677&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=18069126696945624096&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1021989&hvtargid=pla-457643618591&psc=1

My kids told me there is a new version coming out featuring Buttered Popcorn. They haven't figured out what to pair with it that tastes not disgusting yet though.

• Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
5 hours ago, Link said:

I like popcorn. Krispy Kreme sounds good as hell. I like sour apple and would probably like sour cherry. I typically don't like berry blue or bubblegum flavors.

Nobody likes black licorice. The high ranking indicates a severe anomaly. @Splain please report back to CPU core for reprogramming. 

Lol, I get that black licorice and banana are love-em-or-hate-em, but I'm the one who made the list. So popcorn goes firmly at the BOTTOM.

17 minutes ago, Splain said:

Lol, I get that black licorice and banana are love-em-or-hate-em, but I'm the one who made the list. So popcorn goes firmly at the BOTTOM.

Oh, don't get me wrong I'm not arguing. Just reacting to the ones I personally disagree with their general area of rank, and I thought it was funny to say that about black licorice. 

I don't like banana either, but I didn't notice it until later.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, LHCGreg said:

The Cappuccino jelly beans are delicious. I love anything coffee flavored except for actual coffee. Cinnamon and Sizzling Cinnamon are good too.

I'm the opposite.  In general, I'm not a fan of coffee flavored anything, except coffee.  The coffee needs to be black and not sugary or creamy either.  Just straight coffee for me!