IGNORED

TMNT: The Cowabunga Collection

rdrunner

We suddenly have a LOT more TMNT to look forward to this year besides Shredder's Revenge...

I don't even care that I own half the games either.  I'd buy this just for the arcade ports!  Love the inclusion of the three Gameboy titles as well.

EDIT: Yes, the game is being released for all the major consoles.  The link I posted above specifically mentioned Nintendo Switch though.

Edited by rdrunner
  • Like 6

Events Helper · Posted

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection is coming to PS5 and PS4 this year. Announced at Sony's March State of Play, the collection features thirteen classic TMNT games, including Turtles in Time. The collection will also be available on Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC.

Oh thank god, i almost had to go get a playstation.......😆

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
35 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

@Art of Nintendo Power where's the Switch Version!

edit: Wait, it is coming?

see my post 😉  lol

5 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Yes, Switch version included, along with all major consoles.  Sorry for the initial confusion.  I edited the main post to reflect.

um, it wasn't just you, it didn't help that the playstation announcement only had ps4/ps5, i thought it was exclusive too.

"Developed by Digital Eclipse, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection will contain 13 "radical classics" from Konami's entire archive of retro TMNT games - across the 8-bit, 16-bit and arcade generations. There'll also be Japanese versions included and online support in select titles."

All right, Japanese versions! Great news for people who like imports. And I would definitely be willing to play some of these games on a future game night. What do you think @Jeevan and @drxandy?

• Like 3

Events Helper · Posted
7 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

"Developed by Digital Eclipse, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection will contain 13 "radical classics" from Konami's entire archive of retro TMNT games - across the 8-bit, 16-bit and arcade generations. There'll also be Japanese versions included and online support in select titles."

All right, Japanese versions! Great news for people who like imports. And I would definitely be willing to play some of these games on a future game night. What do you think @Jeevan and @drxandy?

i love that idea!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

This is like my crack, the turtles games are part of my childhood so I'm pretty sold already but online play on console of the arcade game 🤩 and turtles in time heck ya count me in

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, drxandy said:

This is like my crack, the turtles games are part of my childhood so I'm pretty sold already but online play on console of the arcade game 🤩 and turtles in time heck ya count me in

I havent played online on switch since shortly after smash came out.  Is it better now?  It was so damn laggy and unplayable back then.

1 minute ago, Matchbook said:

I havent played online on switch since shortly after smash came out.  Is it better now?  It was so damn laggy and unplayable back then.

I feel like most everything other than smash runs fine, we've played a bunch of different titles for game nights (next one is Saturday the 19th, come hangout! https://www.videogamesages.com/forums/forum/195-game-nights/ )

I'm excited, but I'm also nervous because there are so many things that they can screw up.   If they do it right, that's a guaranteed purchase for me.  

I've only done a very quick search, but I haven't seen anything about whether or not it will get a physical release.  Has anyone see something one way or the other?

The list of games is pretty much perfect.

Edited by TDIRunner

Events Helper · Posted
12 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I'm excited, but I'm also nervous because there are so many things that they can screw up.   If they do it right, that's a guaranteed purchase for me.  

I've only done a very quick search, but I haven't seen anything about whether or not it will get a physical release.  Has anyone see something one way or the other?

Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, and Michelangelo are back from the sewers with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection! Thirteen radical games from KONAMI’s entire archive of retro 8-bit, 16-bit, and arcade Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) titles and their Japanese versions* will be coming to PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC Steam. Physical retail and digital versions will be available in 2022 at SRP $39.99.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I will buy this, but I’d feel more confident if it was being done by M2 vs Digital Eclipse. M2 isn’t perfect, but DE is mediocre at best.

Cowabunga! Indeed.

This is the Castlvania Collection style spread here and very appreciated.  It's great they poked a stick at Konami and was able to work out al lthe licensing traps and pitfalls with mirage, them, nick to pop this gem out.

I'm definitely getting 2 copies of this I feel.  Steam for longevity, but since it said physical release and digital, I'll grab a portable copy for the Switch too.  I did this for Castlevania Collection as well.

I can't wait to touch those arcade games again as it has been decades, and the Japanese stuff should have interesting changes.  Also been wanting that NES fighter again, that's a cost savings. 😄  Very very curious to see how deep they dig into the box art, manuals, character art, new old art never seen, etc with the bonus space.

• Like 1

The old Nintendo turtle games and genesis are my go to still even now when I want to walk along and pound targets into the dirt they're done so well.  As I was saying on the phone earlier to a friend, yeah I got Sparkster and had it in my Nomad I pulled back out, but i also pulled Turtles too and played it.  TMNT is just a nice chill game.

• Agree 1