IGNORED

TMNT: The Cowabunga Collection

rdrunner

1 hour ago, CodysGameRoom said:

It wasn't that bad. Use gravity gun to take gnome to new area, beat the area, go get gnome, move on to the next spot. haha

Yes, this collection looks cool. I will get it even though I have all the games. Usually in the games I play as Donnie. probably stems from the ole NES game since he had the longest weapon. haha

Well in addition to the trophies they'll no doubt (and they'd better) have other bonus goodies as well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Link said:

You got it running through my head on repeat, which is annoying with any earworm

Oh there's waaaaay catchier running through your head songs than that, my good man! 😄 

And this right here is the most catchy addictive song I know of (the first and last ones anyway; the middle is alright but doesn't really fit in with the other two)...

Edited by Estil
  • Angry 1

On 3/11/2022 at 9:01 AM, Reed Rothchild said:

As someone who earned 100,000+ gamerscore from 2007-2011, fuck that shit

Clearing the backlog and playing all of the games > squeezing every last drop of blood from a stone game for some arbitrary number/count.

Okay I will grant Xbox Gamerscore this...reaching 100K like you did or being one of only 621 in this whole world (according to trueachievements.com) to be a "millionaire" does sound kinda neat.  Maybe they should do like YouTube and give you some sort of special silver award for 100K and a special gold award for becoming a "millionaire".  Apparently though most games you can only get up to a thousand points each so even 100K is a pretty tall task...congrats Reed!

That being said, how'd you guys like to become a "millionaire" in this way? 😄 

https://www.recordholders.org/en/records/typing.html

PS: Maybe he could've done it much quicker if he had learned how to properly type instead of just using one finger (hunt 'n peck) though...

Edited by Estil

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

SO I got it, and I battled through the two arcade games as I have not played them since the early 90s.  And after that TMNT really shows some rough edges/issues of being first vs turtles in time.  But both of them are pretty much quarter sucking acts of sadism to play if you're on your own as it'll throw 6+ enemies on you at one time often, and they're fast to surround and juggle for moments which is anything but fun.  I have not tried them in online mode to be like an arcade, but having a crew with you to minimize backstabs I bet they're a far more fun treat.  The home console ports are no push over either, but they're at least manageable because they didn't need to eat rolls of quarters and had to make up for most being sole players. 🙂  The art assets, music, etc are really nice, even the crazy throwback strategy guide of sorts.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

SO I got it, and I battled through the two arcade games as I have not played them since the early 90s.  And after that TMNT really shows some rough edges/issues of being first vs turtles in time.  But both of them are pretty much quarter sucking acts of sadism to play if you're on your own as it'll throw 6+ enemies on you at one time often, and they're fast to surround and juggle for moments which is anything but fun.  I have not tried them in online mode to be like an arcade, but having a crew with you to minimize backstabs I bet they're a far more fun treat.  The home console ports are no push over either, but they're at least manageable because they didn't need to eat rolls of quarters and had to make up for most being sole players. 🙂  The art assets, music, etc are really nice, even the crazy throwback strategy guide of sorts.

Same.  I already have the ability to play all of the NES, SNES, GB and Genesis games, so I mainly wanted the Cowabunga collection for a good way to play the two Arcade games.  Although, putting everything together on a Switch platform is a nice bonus, especially for my kids.

I've only played the original Arcade so far, but it's definitely a quarter muncher.  I'm assuming Turtles in Time is as well.  I can play through the SNES version of Turtles in Time without cheats and only die a few times.  Did you notice that they offer a "god mode" on the Arcade games which kills everything in one hit?  Obviously it takes some of the fun away, but it also solves the problem of the later bosses that take what seems like thousands of hits to complete.  The Arcade games look amazing, but sometimes the gameplay can be a bit annoying due to the higher difficulty added to make you feed it quarters.  

Turtles in Time isn't as abusive as the original.  I think they figured from feedback they took it a bit too far on default settings as it's fairly manageable at least for a few stages while the original can beat the crap out of you in the first stage as easily as the last.  The older one just has no difficulty curve, just money sucking, the other goads you in, then slowly bleeds your paycheck dry. 😉