IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

20 minutes ago, tbone3969 said:

So it is just a minty CIB I guess.  Very curious to see what this goes for.

2 minutes ago, dewisp02 said:

Its marked sealed under the region code, but the seal rating is NS. It is so weird. 

no original shrink wrap, but never opened. weird indeed!

this will make the “left bros” market odd.... or maybe not. i’m still waiting for all the sealed left bros copies to come out of the woodwork, like some people were claiming would happen. there was one in jan on ha but that’s it. 

48 minutes ago, tbone3969 said:

How could anyone prove that it was never "opened" after the seal came off?

I completely agree. This has been my stance on non-sealed or broken sticker seals for a long time. Creasing along the fold edge can be used as an indicator, but not reliable way to verify. I have several like new copies of NES games that would also fall into this category if it catches any traction, but I have always referred to them as CIB.  

28 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

Maybe Wata accidentally ripped off the seal when they were unpacking it to grade.

i think it was sent to ha for consignment, they noticed it hadn't been opened, then sent to wata for grading and confirmation.  just my guess based on their item description.

btw - i hate the 'ns' designation as it's currently used.

Upcoming auction has a *big* slab of Pokemon that I'm curious to see the results of. There's a 9.8 A++ Crystal and a 9.8 A+ Emerald that could go pretty high, and a ton of others 9.4 and above.

Prices for the GBA games on eBay have been kinda shooting up lately, so it'll be interesting to see where the high grade GBA games go.

There's a 9.4 A++ Pokemon Red first print going up against a 9.6 A++ Pokemon Red third print; that'll be an interesting gauge of how HA buyers prioritize condition vs. precedence.

• Like 1

Are we really going to try to make these cards a thing, lol. Are the junk trading card warehouses of the 80s finally having their day? Did it all finally come around? There's one guy, 85 years old, on top of his pile of Days of Our Lives, Desert Storm, 80s sports, and Nintendo trading cards screaming "Maude! Maude! I told you these cards would be worth something one day!"

fnHJPKb.png

Pop 2! Pop 3! Because who on planet Earth has ever thought to grade one of these!

Edited by DefaultGen

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Are we really going to try to make these cards a thing, lol. Are the junk trading card warehouses of the 80s finally having their day? Did it all finally come around? There's one guy, 85 years old, on top of his pile of Days of Our Lives, Desert Storm, 80s sports, and Nintendo trading cards screaming "Maude! Maude! I told you these cards would be worth something one day!"

fnHJPKb.png

Lol I have a bunch of these sealed lying around somewhere. I think they're sealed anyway; came in a pack or something.