IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

2 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

You're comparing a complete game with half a game. Vice City was sold as 2 games in a book style box and they graded only one of the 2 games. No investor is going to want to pay $1000 for half a game.

Both of these variants were pulled from the GTA Trilogy box set. These have been sent to Wata by the dozens, if not the 100s, which is why my eyes constantly roll into the back of my head when people buy these for more than $10: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Grand-Theft-Auto-Trilogy-PS2-New-Playstation-2/402559257968?epid=56545464&hash=item5dba66cd70:g:b7EAAOSwbINc2xk6

Just now, DefaultGen said:

Both of these variants were pulled from the GTA Trilogy box set. These have been sent to Wata by the dozens, if not the 100s, which is why my eyes constantly roll into the back of my head when people buy these for more than $10: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Grand-Theft-Auto-Trilogy-PS2-New-Playstation-2/402559257968?epid=56545464&hash=item5dba66cd70:g:b7EAAOSwbINc2xk6

There was a trilogy set? That shows how much I know about PlayStation 2.

Big 5 digit prices for big dick high rollers:

$18k Golf
$22k Kid Icarus
$47k Metroid
$53k NWC Gray (5.0)
$40k Oval Super Mario Bros
$156k Left Brooos
$29k TMNT
$48k Chrono Trigger
$20k and $84k Pokemon Red
$78k Pokemon Yellow
$43k Super Mario Land

Lots of all time high stuff of course. $156k Mario 3 is nuts, but $78k for a Pokemon Yellow might be the craziest sale I've seen since 2019, what??

• Wow! 1
  • Confused 3
  • Eyeroll 1

50 minutes ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

I have a hard time believing there isn't some serious money laundering or other fraud going on with these prices.

I have a graded gold 85+ Mario 64 that I would gladly sell for 5 digits.

I have a Wata 6.0 matte sticker SMB without any missing flaps and if someone had offered me $16,800 yesterday I probably would have sold it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DefaultGen said:

$18k Golf
$22k Kid Icarus
$47k Metroid
$53k NWC Gray (5.0)
$156k Left Brooos
$29k TMNT
$48k Chrono Trigger
$78k Pokemon Yellow
$43k Super Mario Land

Lots of all time high stuff of course. $156k Mario 3 is nuts, but $78k for a Pokemon Yellow might be the craziest sale I've seen since 2019, what??

Everytime I see a NWC sell for that much, it kills me that I sold my VGA 85+ for $8600 back in 2012. That still hurts.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Ugh, top flap missing on that Mario? You disgust me buyer!

I had a chance to buy that same copy for far less and I passed on it. I can't kick myself too much since I held out for one that wasn't missing any flaps and it might sell for $25k+ based on what that one sold for.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

21 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Any owners of games that sold today have to be feeling like this.

Seriously! The content in some of the collection pics from a few of the NA members back in the day are worth hundreds of thousands to millions given these prices (even after the fees etc.). If my video game collection could fund my retirement in my mid-30s or early-40s I'd sell everything in a heart beat. 

2 minutes ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

Seriously! The content in some of the collection pics from a few of the NA members back in the day are worth hundreds of thousands to millions given these prices (even after the fees etc.). If my video game collection could fund my retirement in my mid-30s or early-40s I'd sell everything in a heart beat. 

I never thought a CIB copy of SMB could buy me a new car, but here we are. Crazy times man.

• Haha 1

Anyone figure out a formula yet on the WATA/HA sales?

7 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

$18k Golf
$22k Kid Icarus
$47k Metroid
$53k NWC Gray (5.0)
$156k Left Brooos
$29k TMNT
$48k Chrono Trigger
$78k Pokemon Yellow
$43k Super Mario Land

So a sealed Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Red and Mario Left Bros is worth > $300,000? 

I thought I’d state the obvious: WTF is going on?!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, doner24 said:

That he should send all his VGA stuff to Wata to reslab and send to Heritage 🤷‍♂️ 

Good point, Heritage is not in the business of doing VGA, so it must be daunting having to re-slab thousands of games to reap the rewards of this insane market especially so after he single handedly put VGA on the map. If this market trend is to be believed, that would put his collection in the millions, so probably still wouldn't be a bad trade.

Bucky is a collector at heart though, I think it will take a lot more than money for him to sell out. After all, let's not forget he's been selling his "entire collection, that has taken him years to acquire" for the past 10 years, 😆.

• Haha 2

Moderator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Amermoe said:

Good point, Heritage is not in the business of doing VGA, so it must be daunting having to re-slab thousands of games to reap the rewards of this insane market especially so after he single handedly put VGA on the map. If this market trend is to be believed, that would put his collection in the millions, so probably still wouldn't be a bad trade.

Bucky is a collector at heart though, I think it will take a lot more than money for him to sell out. After all, let's not forget he's been selling his "entire collection, that has taken him years to acquire" for the past 10 years, 😆.

image.gif.ad087f26b1573dfce1e0b7fae9ab0371.gif

• Like 1