IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest 2021 - Super Mario 3

BeaIank

4 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

111,500  126,300 - fuck the whistle gives no points and I messed up getting 3 star cards. I even did stage 4 lol. The second score was no whistle and a set of cards. I missed the second set though. 

20210315_084303.jpg

Do you mean 3 star cards as in the card you get for clearing a level? If so, I have been screwing that up to out of habit. If you are talking about the matching game, I cant get the rhythm of it to save my life. Used to get it regularly as a kid. Not sure what Im forgetting there 

31 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Do you mean 3 star cards as in the card you get for clearing a level? If so, I have been screwing that up to out of habit. If you are talking about the matching game, I cant get the rhythm of it to save my life. Used to get it regularly as a kid. Not sure what Im forgetting there 

The mini games give no points that I saw, getting the three card match gives you points at the end of the stages. Not sure if you get more or less points based on what cards you get though. im missing major points somewhere though @Krunch @NESfiend @bertsampson all put up major points

Edit: scratch the cards at the end giving extra points I think it's just the level completion bonus

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

also if you disapeer behind one of the white blocks and fall into a pit its a secret points lair!!!

I found this secret lair yesterday, but it awarded no points and I was stuck in the wall and had to reset. Back to the drawing board tonight. 

20210312_215434.jpg

• Haha 5

Graphics Team · Posted
19 hours ago, SuperJimtendo said:

score: 106570

Skipping stage 4 was gonna go back to it before the castle but made a dumb mistake. Skipping stage 4 probably should count against progress. 

0BEBF4D0-2CC2-480E-8586-37493B621EEC.jpeg

Dude, you're playing on a projector? That's awesome!

Is there a bunch of input lag, though?

-CasualCart

5 hours ago, CasualCart said:

Dude, you're playing on a projector? That's awesome!

Is there a bunch of input lag, though?

-CasualCart

I haven't noticed any. I play on an avs but I'm not really all that good in the first place so I'm not sure if I'd notice too much. But yeah my TV broke right before I moved but I had this thing so why not.

• Like 1