IGNORED

What single game have you played to completion the most often?

For me it is Dark Wizard (Sega CD).  I haven't kept count but I am pretty sure that I have played it between 75 and 100 times (no mean feat since it is a very long game).  It is just that engaging with tons of things to do (and different ways to do much of it) if you have a fondness for SRPG or strategy games.  

But not the same boats float for everyone - what is your most played game?

• Like 4

Editorials Team · Posted

Probably some of my original carts such as Battletoads Double Dragon or Mega Man X.

I also played everything in Mario Kart 64 and Super Punch-Out dozens of times, trying to beat my best times.

I've also played through Ikaruga dozens of times.  

And Myth II...

So I guess it's hard to say.

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

A couple games come to mind.  

Dragon Warrior, Legend of Zelda, and SMB 3 (really 1-3) on NES

PTO II on SNES

Suikoden II, Symphony of the Night, and Final Fantasy Tactics on PSX.

Suikoden III on PS2.

Cant really say which one I’ve played through the most times.  Probably one of the NES games just through sheer number of years I’ve been playing them.

• Like 5

Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest.

I have beaten it as Dragon Warrior on both the NES and Gameboy. And I have beaten it as Dragon Quest on both SFC (ROM) and Switch.

There is also Willow and The Legend of Zelda. Both on the NES. But I have not played the former in such a long time, and always find myself remining myself on how to get the White Sword before I enter the first dungeon with the latter.

• Like 2

Difficult to say for sure, but it's most likely one of the following:

• Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario World
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Super Metroid
  • Vandal Hearts
  • Tomb Raider (PS1)
  • Crash Bandicoot 

Also, the game that I've completed the most times in a row without playing another game in between is Metal Gear Solid 4.  The first time I played through that game, I was so impressed by it that I wanted to immediately play it over again.  I bet I played through it 9 or 10 times in a row without playing any other game.  I've never done that before or since with any other game.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Difficult to say for sure, but it's most likely one of the following:

• Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario World
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Super Metroid
  • Vandal Hearts
  • Tomb Raider (PS1)
  • Crash Bandicoot 

Also, the game that I've completed the most times in a row without playing another game in between is Metal Gear Solid 4.  The first time I played through that game, I was so impressed by it that I wanted to immediately play it over again.  I bet I played through it 9 or 10 times in a row without playing any other game.  I've never done that before or since with any other game.  

Your MGS story reminded me of the few times I've done the same thing. I beat Eternal Darkness four times in a row to get the secret ending. I also beat Mass Effect three or four times in a row because I just thought the game was amazing and it had a new game plus. I also NEVER do that, but those two games truly compelled me. Nowadays, I would just beat Eternal Darkness once, then check out the other three endings on YouTube because I just don't have time for that anymore.

• Like 2