IGNORED

Secret Santa-ing 2020

Splain

Editorials Team · Posted

Welp, I packed up what I had and drove the package to the post office so I could ship before the deadline, and according to the tracking, absolutely nothing has been done with it since. They could at least have the decency to update the status to STILL CHILLIN ON THE FLOOR. And now the last piece I ordered has arrived at my house. I might as well go back to the post office, where they still have the box, and slip it in.

No it's ok. The post office has never been this swamped. When I dropped off the package late at night earlier in the week, I heard a guy sigh while sorting through the huge pile of packages behind the dropbox. Poor guy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

When I took my package to the post office the line was like 10 people long and packages were literally stacked everywhere on their counter and in several of the large rolling bins. Never seen it that intense for sure, but I checked the tracking and it's already made its way fairly close to its final destination! Woo woo

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted

Package has cleared US customs inspections......Hope they didn't unwrap the gifts but I did ship food so wouldn't be surprised if they did.  I guess I could of said the food was sealed in can/bag, or food (non-produce).  Stupid customs and smart reasons to worry about spreading invasive diseases and bugs.  Though I did answer a lot of questions to the postal worker who took the package.  Maybe they asked about produce.

Either way I'm questioning if package will arrive on time since it just cleared customs on the 18th.  Still got a long way to go.

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted

I think it's a good reminder that hey, this year is a bit crazy.  COVID is still raging, post office is completely overwhelmed, so yea, there is certainly a chance that some of our packages are going to be delayed or even arrive after the 25th.  It's a bit of a bummer, but let's go ahead and expect some of that now and just try to make the best of it.  It is all but guaranteed that a few SS recipients aren't going to receive by the 25th, but let's just all try to be a bit patient and I'm sure they'll arrive eventually.  

Obviously it is ideal if we all get by 25th and can reveal on the same day, but hopefully at least most arrive by then or soon after.  Best of luck to everything on that front!

• Like 4

Events Team · Posted
32 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Mine arrived safely a while back; wasn't sure if they wrapped the items so I didn't open the shipping box yet.

I decided a couple years ago that I'll open the shipping box no matter what.  And if it's wrapped, then I'll wait for Christmas to open it.

Looks like I gotta wait til Christmas this year. 😛

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

I decided a couple years ago that I'll open the shipping box no matter what.  And if it's wrapped, then I'll wait for Christmas to open it.

Looks like I gotta wait til Christmas this year. 😛

I think I based my decision on that one year as well

• Like 2

Yeah I never wrap my presents, because I reckon customs might open them anyways.

I don't know about the others living abroad, but I'm incredibly patient when it comes to receiving parcels. With so much going on in life, there's generally no reason I get worried if it comes late or not.

• Like 1

I personally like wrapped gifts or even bagged gifts...anything that makes it so I can't see the items so I can put them under my tree and stare at them...daily...since my tree is table top sized and right next to me lol. It's sweet torture.

I can't wrap to save my life so I just try to find a bag from the Dollar Tree that looks festive and use it. There's a lot of good bag options if you go that route.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted

Looks like mine almost certainly won't arrive in time. It was initially shipped out on the 15th, but the tracking number has said "In Transit, Arriving Late" for 5 or 6 days now, and the last update of any kind was on the 19th.

Oh well, as long as it gets here at all and isn't lost in the mail. Literally any kind of update on the tracking number would be nice, though.

At least my recipient appears to have already gotten theirs according to the tracking number.

• Sad 1