IGNORED

Secret Santa-ing 2020

Splain

I managed to have one of the games my SS wanted already that I never play so why not. I had to order two others and ughhhh USPS is so slow. Supposedly I'll be getting the games tomorrow but I have my doubts. I especially have my doubts as one of the sellers waited several days before finally shipping the game out. 😕

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Astor Reinhardt said:

I managed to have one of the games my SS wanted already that I never play so why not. I had to order two others and ughhhh USPS is so slow. Supposedly I'll be getting the games tomorrow but I have my doubts. I especially have my doubts as one of the sellers waited several days before finally shipping the game out. 😕

They may not have; several post offices aren't scanning the initial drop-off scan until sometimes days later lately.

I also have a couple games held up in USPS limbo; luckily the bulk of them have arrived already and I found a couple local, so if I need to ship minus those it's not that big of a deal.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Yeah I'm nervously tapping my fingers, seeing minor shipping updates trickle in every few days (which, by the looks of things, is fortunate!) I'll have to get everything as ready as possible so that when the last piece comes in I can send it all back out ASAP.

I was going to toss some stuff up on ebay myself, but I think I'll wait till next year.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted

One of the things I ordered had an estimated arrival date of Dec. 4th, however it still hasn't arrived. According to the tracking number, it is in St. Louis MO, where I am, but other than that I haven't received any tracking number updates since the 6th, and if the tracking is to be believed, it's been here in St. Louis since the 6th. If it doesn't arrive by the 10th or so, I'll just ship out the package without that item, and then ship that item alone in a separate package whenever it does finally arrive.

Not a big deal, but kind of sucks since the other stuff I ordered got here so much earlier. At least on the tracking number it does say that the package will be late, but it's still on it's way, I suppose that's somewhat comforting.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

They may not have; several post offices aren't scanning the initial drop-off scan until sometimes days later lately.

I also have a couple games held up in USPS limbo; luckily the bulk of them have arrived already and I found a couple local, so if I need to ship minus those it's not that big of a deal.

Well according to the updates it somehow made it's way from Alabama all the way to my city in a single day so there's...something going on with the USPS scanning lol. I should be getting it today or tomorrow since it's in my city...hopefully. 🙄

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

One of the things I ordered had an estimated arrival date of Dec. 4th, however it still hasn't arrived. According to the tracking number, it is in St. Louis MO, where I am, but other than that I haven't received any tracking number updates since the 6th, and if the tracking is to be believed, it's been here in St. Louis since the 6th. If it doesn't arrive by the 10th or so, I'll just ship out the package without that item, and then ship that item alone in a separate package whenever it does finally arrive.

Not a big deal, but kind of sucks since the other stuff I ordered got here so much earlier. At least on the tracking number it does say that the package will be late, but it's still on it's way, I suppose that's somewhat comforting.

Since about a week or two before Thanksgiving, this is something I've seen happen to about one in five to seven packages.  I've shipped a lot since then, and received a lot.  Most items come and go in a reasonable time frame, but there's always one (even shipped 2-Day Priority) that gets caught and doesn't move for week.  Even then, when I check tracking, it's like it gets to the delivery PO, or the sorting facility in their region and that's where it sits for a week.  It's not the sending PO, it's receiving end.

Maybe this is the way their system is designed, but it's all that most packages with issues seem to make it to the "last mile" and then set on a shelf somewhere for many days.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

Both games have arrived safely. Now I just need to package it all out and send it tomorrow. Unfortunately I can't test the games myself as the console I have for those games isn't working...which is a new issue...soooo...I'm really hoping the games work. I mean the sellers said they tested the games so, I'm just going to trust them. Nothing I can do within the time left...I can't afford to get a new console and idk how to fix it myself.

Update: Ok I just managed to get the console working long enough to quickly boot the games up to the starting screens. I'm calling it good, they work. Now I don't need to worry.

Edited by Astor Reinhardt
le update
  • Like 2

I am still waiting on 2 packages to add to my gift and usps isn't even giving accurate tracking so I have no idea if they will make it by wednesday 😕 might have to do 2 shipments because I'm not trying to have the gift itself fall into the same fate.

Other than that the rest is ready to be wrapped and I will be mailing on the deadline.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

Wew, just had my gifts picked up to ship for my recipient.  I hoped to get out way sooner, but due to shipping delays, several of the items I ordered didn't arrive until just recently.  Every year I try to get it out earlier, but it always seems to come down to the final days hah!

Now it's just wait for reveal day, my favorite part!

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
6 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Every year I try to get it out earlier, but it always seems to come down to the final days hah!

Yeah, it doesn't seem to matter if I order stuff two and a half weeks ahead of time (like now) or if I order stuff 3 days before the deadline, it always seems to be a last-second thing shipping out my SS package, haha.

• Like 2

Social Team · Posted
On 12/9/2020 at 1:25 AM, Gloves said:

I sent mine out earlier today. Should easily reach them pre-xmas. Sadly I was unable to procure actual wrapping paper so it's rather drab looking, but I hope the contents make up for it.

At least you didn't spend all the time and effort gift wrapping packages that you then have to crumple and shove to fit in the box because you just assumed it would all fit.  Granted I know a few of the gifts will look good.....the one is going to be a hot mess for sure.

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
Just now, FireHazard51 said:

At least you didn't spend all the time and effort gift wrapping packages that you then have to crumple and shove to fit in the box because you just assumed it would all fit.  Granted I know a few of the gifts will look good.....the one is going to be a hot mess for sure.

You all are wrapping gifts?

Shit.

• Haha 1