IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - 2020 Tournament - Gyruss

BeaIank

5 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Ill lead the charge in saying that if richie makes top 5, the final round should be set back a week to give him time to recover. Im sure it would get a unanimous vote among participants. And if it doesn't, someone is a real dick

👍

• Like 2

@Jeevanno kidding with this game being a killer on your thumbs. I was all fired up I hit 280k first run tonight. Level 14 I think. I played another game like shit and need a break to recover. I need to know where @bertsampsongets his hand steroids. Starting to get a little rythym to this though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Ill lead the charge in saying that if richie makes top 5, the final round should be set back a week to give him time to recover. Im sure it would get a unanimous vote among participants. And if it doesn't, someone is a real dick

You guys are too kind. I feel like garbage, but I should be good enough to play. 

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
29 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

6 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

You guys are too kind. I feel like garbage, but I should be good enough to play. 

By all means, we'll strongly consider this option in case that Richie makes the final and is experiencing harsh symptoms from whatever he has, be it Covid or the flu or something else. Keep us updated on your health status Rich!

This wouldn't be a big problem as we have an easy way to skip a week and still get the tournament done by December 20, just before Xmas week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted

Whelp, I may or may not have beaten the game on whiskey........

That is for me to decide when to tell you all...........

regardless, this game was fun.  If I don't make it passed this round then thanks for everything @BeaIank and @guillavoie.  You guys made this season great!!!!!!

@Richardhead I hope you feel better buddy!!!!  If you feel you need for some support, whether it be emotional, or if you need nudes, just let me know 🤣.  Sorry, whiskey got me going 🤪

@NESfiend best of luck to you.  Even if you had me at low odds or whatever when you stormed into the contest I have no hard feelings 😉.

@ninjistar  best of luck buddy.  This game is for sure a good way to go out if we do 🤣

To whomever is left in the contest best of luck!!!!!!

@Murray Glad to participate with the likes of you 😉.  Look forward to meeting you and the rest of the colorado crew after the covid shit has passed.  Yes even Richie 😉  

I now have a bedtime, and it is about 14 mins. passed that lol.  Good ole' dayshift after 13.5 years of working nights.

Hope you all have a great rest of the year, and look forward to whipping some ass next year 🤣.  

Shit, I almost forgot.  @bertsampson good to play against you buddy!!!!!  Hope you retire to give scrubs like me a chance 🤣

You as well @Bearcat-Doug.  

If there is anyone I forgot I hope you don't take it personally, but I am a little drunk and tired 😏

This one is for whomever I did not mention:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Jeevan with a premidnight bedtime. Very responsible. Had I known you were so disciplined, your odds would have been much better. Funny as shit you bring that up months later. I was also assuming this was a march madness like setup. I figured the 7 thru 10 guys would get first round dates with bert, gaia, doug (who I assumed would play for some reason), and deafcode. Those heads up matchups would have been pretty brutal on us humans. 

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
8 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

@Jeevan with a premidnight bedtime. Very responsible. Had I known you were so disciplined, your odds would have been much better. Funny as shit you bring that up months later. I was also assuming this was a march madness like setup. I figured the 7 thru 10 guys would get first round dates with bert, gaia, doug (who I assumed would play for some reason), and deafcode. Those heads up matchups would have been pretty brutal on us humans. 

well laying in bed, I will tell you, I just went to dayshift on the 30th of Nov. so don't feel bad about that.  I wasn't disciplined, and still even now I apparently feel the need to check in 🤣

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Whelp, I may or may not have beaten the game on whiskey........

That is for me to decide when to tell you all...........

regardless, this game was fun.  If I don't make it passed this round then thanks for everything @BeaIank and @guillavoie.  You guys made this season great!!!!!!

@Richardhead I hope you feel better buddy!!!!  If you feel you need for some support, whether it be emotional, or if you need nudes, just let me know 🤣.  Sorry, whiskey got me going 🤪

@NESfiend best of luck to you.  Even if you had me at low odds or whatever when you stormed into the contest I have no hard feelings 😉.

@ninjistar  best of luck buddy.  This game is for sure a good way to go out if we do 🤣

To whomever is left in the contest best of luck!!!!!!

@Murray Glad to participate with the likes of you 😉.  Look forward to meeting you and the rest of the colorado crew after the covid shit has passed.  Yes even Richie 😉  

I now have a bedtime, and it is about 14 mins. passed that lol.  Good ole' dayshift after 13.5 years of working nights.

Hope you all have a great rest of the year, and look forward to whipping some ass next year 🤣.  

Shit, I almost forgot.  @bertsampson good to play against you buddy!!!!!  Hope you retire to give scrubs like me a chance 🤣

You as well @Bearcat-Doug.  

If there is anyone I forgot I hope you don't take it personally, but I am a little drunk and tired 😏

This one is for whomever I did not mention:

Saved the best for last. Good luck in the tournament buddy!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NESfiend said:

I would have played, but Thanksgiving > video games. Maybe next year!

Okay, I should be able to beat this if I can die less at the Jupiter boss. That's one of the worst bosses on the NES. I almost have to get lucky there. I've reached stage 28 but I don't really want to post another score until I beat the game.

EDIT: Reached stage 31. I'll probably have this beat soon.

99% of this game's difficulty comes from the bosses. The levels themselves aren't that hard.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

Okay, I should be able to beat this if I can die less at the Jupiter boss. That's one of the worst bosses on the NES

Damn is that true. Got to him for the first time on my first run tonight. Thought I was a monster until I got to the second stage with the fire arms. WTF are you supposed to do there?!!? Anyway, Ill put up a score. Was hoping to get to 20 for half way point, but that boss will take some work. My first run is usually the best when Im tired and having a few beers anyway. Only @Jeevangets better as he gets exhausted and drunk.

Stage 19 - 330,500

20201203_214715.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

28 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Damn is that true. Got to him for the first time on my first run tonight. Thought I was a monster until I got to the second stage with the fire arms. WTF are you supposed to do there?!!? Anyway, Ill put up a score. Was hoping to get to 20 for half way point, but that boss will take some work. My first run is usually the best when Im tired and having a few beers anyway. Only @Jeevangets better as he gets exhausted and drunk.

Stage 19 - 330,500

20201203_214715.jpg

Bea gets better with booze too. Not me though. I’m at my best in the early AM😂

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I figured @Jeevanand @ninjistar ...

Not sure why you are surprised. I told you I suck at shooters. I think the only one I placed not embarrassingly this year was gradius and I had played it before. Bat shit work week isnt helping either. The main court in my county is reopening next week after being closed for a couple months. I have months worth of files all docketed in the next 10 business days. 

It is getting more fun though. Im going to see where I can get this weekend and will probably play some more next week to see where I can get. 

• Wow! 1

Okay, I'll make it a bit more interesting and egg you on @NESfiend!

Stage 27 - 536,950
Stage 19 - 331,700

Game over

http://www.myvideogamelife.com/a/vgm/vgs/vgs-ninjistar-gyruss-score-01.jpg

Stage start

http://www.myvideogamelife.com/a/vgm/vgs/vgs-ninjistar-gyruss-score-02.jpg

Edited by ninjistar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1