IGNORED

POLL: Who do you expect will win? (NOT who do you want to win)

phart010

Who do you expect will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you expect will win?

• Donald John Trump
    • Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

Oh and I am invested. I gleefully voted for Biden. 

I am very personally satisfied with people dancing in the street with joy at Trump getting repudiated. 

I will bet on Law professors and constitutional lawyers saying that his blustery lawsuits have no chance any day, over a known lying conman. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:
I am sick of the "where is the evidence" crowd. It takes time to investigate things. I know this will bring to light system problems that need to be corrected and procedural corrections for the future. We basically learned what not to do in the future. Mass Mail Balloting just leads to skepticism and sows doubt. Next election better be a return to being at the polls.

You know I love you, @Quest4Nes but I think it was wrong of Trump to make this wild and dangerous allegation on national television—twice—before having any evidence.

It’s one thing to say that you suspect impropriety, it’s another to falsely claim that you won an election. It’s divisive at best, incendiary at worst.

Edited by attakid101
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, attakid101 said:

You know I love you, @Quest4Nes but I think it was wrong of Trump to make this wild and dangerous allegation on national television—twice—before having any evidence.

It’s one thing to say that you suspect impropriety, it’s another to falsely claim that you won an election. It’s divisive at best, incendiary at worst.

the way he said it was probably not the best. I didnt love it. But digging into these counties in georgia and looking at registered voters and the turn out. Its like a turn out of sadam hussein levels. Something doesnt jive right. More will come out. If I were trump Id have just been a little more reserved about it and say I am contesting certain results and we will see. But its trump and he didnt do that. I dont think its dangerous at all. Its trump being trump. No one takes him 100 percent literally except for democrats. Its not presidential. But Im tired of presidential. 

Lets see what happens. Im sure we will here everything over the next couple weeks.

If this is his last hurrah. Parden Snowden and watch the dems attack him for it. Having to watch democrats squirm having to go after him for it. Not saying he will, but it would put a smile on my face.

Edited by Quest4Nes
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Oh and I am invested. I gleefully voted for Biden. 

I am very personally satisfied with people dancing in the street with joy at Trump getting repudiated. 

I will bet on Law professors and constitutional lawyers saying that his blustery lawsuits have no chance any day, over a known lying conman. 

really ??? you voted for biden??? Im so shocked. lmao. Just playing with you.

encouraging and not condemning  mass spreader events is irresponsible from the corona virus savior. How many times have we had to hear that shit about rallys. Its why no one will take this stuff seriously. Im sure their is about to be an uptick naturally being winter, and by the time biden is in there and tries to push his lockdown/mask mandates/ whatever it is he will be doing "differently". Will be the reason we conquer corona even though it was about to go down in the first place and doing nothing different. I think trump did screw up handling the virus. He should have just said protect the vulnerable and move on like we do with most things. He played along with all the nonsense.

Im actually very impressed at the first chance he had to actually try to squeeze power for the executive branch and push for national mandates/lockdown and that he didnt go for it. Has rarely been the case. Some authoritarian he is.

Edited by Quest4Nes
  • Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, attakid101 said:

When this investigation eventually turns up no impropriety, Trump will then deny the validity of the investigation.

There’s no reality where Trump concedes graciously. He’ll go to his grave claiming that this election was stolen—undermining the mechanics of our democracy.

And why? Because he doesn’t want to give up power. I suppose it’s possible that he has sincere love for this country and genuinely believes he’d do a better job serving as president, so maybe in his mind the ends justify the means.

Even still, what he’s doing is dangerous. 

And he set us all up for it.

He knew—EVERYONE KNEW—that dems would vote predominantly via mail in ballots. And he knew that because of this, votes would take longer to count so the final results would take days, if not longer. So he urged his supporters to vote in person. Because he knew Biden would have to wait for his votes. He knew that if Biden was going to gain ground it wouldn’t be until after Tuesday night. And so his supporters had been sufficiently prepped to accept the “stolen election” narrative. 

On Tuesday night Trump’s re-election looked like a foregone conclusion. Then slowly (and predictably) Biden’s mail-in ballots overtook him. But Trump had already sown the seeds of doubts in his voter’s minds. It’s fucking genius really.

And now tens of millions of citizens believe that democracy failed.

And this is goddamn America. AMERICA. The beacon of representational governance. Disgraceful.

Like I said, he's a master manipulator.

Told a bunch of people what they wanted to hear... become president because of it.

Continued to tell them what they wanted to hear, and how good he was at it, and how any problems or shortcomings were the fault of an evil group that hates them, and made them love him.

It's basically bonafide cult at this point.

• Like 2

As for only the qualified being named to the Supreme Court, well...

I have almost as much court experience in my one time at jury duty as Justice Barrett does. Look at her history. She’s grossly unqualified, except the only qualification they were looking for was “side with Trump every time.”

1 hour ago, Californication said:

What would help heal the country is if when Trump is not president they should charge him in state and federal courts for all the laws he broke. That way we know the president iw not above the law. I really hope Biden doesn't give Trump a pass the way Obama gave Bush a pass. 

I 99% agree with you, but the 1% of me that disagrees says that there are a lot of unknowable things and necessary evils a president has to do.

Remember back when we just straight up killed a foreign military general? Remember when a foreign military straight up assaulted us citizens on us soil?

There has to be more to those kind of events than just their face value.

I do think there should be punishments involved for his nepotism, and investigations into whether or not he compromised national security... but even the botched coronavirus response isn’t exactly something you can solely pin him for.

Also, Biden clearly wants this nation to heal. straight up attacking the previous administration will absolutely enrage the 70m+ people who wanted more of the same

Recently after Trump was elected president in 2016, my father had written an email to one of his friends from back in the university days, and he casually said something about "President Trump" in the message.

A few hours later he received a response, with his friend stating "I will never recognise or consider him as my president". To contextualise things a bit, the initial email's focus wasn't even about Trump or politics. But no, the friend couldn't give Trump a chance, just because he is a far leftist and was pissed Clinton lost.

So when Biden talks of healing and "giving him a chance", I think, "Why the f*ck should I?" No one on the left gave Trump a chance, despite all the positives during his presidency. Bunch of f*cking hypocrites at the end of the day.

Then let's look at the Biden family. His son Hunter and the alleged corruption, the drugs, the ties with China, etc. If I were doing that sort of shit I'd be doing hard time behind bars, so why is his son above the law so bad? Then we should give this corrupt politician and his corrupted family a chance? Yeah right, he's gonna have to try harder than that if he genuinely wants healing.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

really ??? you voted for biden??? Im so shocked. lmao. Just playing with you.

encouraging and not condemning  mass spreader events is irresponsible from the corona virus savior. How many times have we had to hear that shit about rallys. Its why no one will take this stuff seriously. Im sure their is about to be an uptick naturally being winter, and by the time biden is in there and tries to push his lockdown/mask mandates/ whatever it is he will be doing "differently". Will be the reason we conquer corona even though it was about to go down in the first place and doing nothing different. I think trump did screw up handling the virus. He should have just said protect the vulnerable and move on like we do with most things. He played along with all the nonsense.

Im actually very impressed at the first chance he had to actually try to squeeze power for the executive branch and push for national mandates/lockdown and that he didnt go for it. Has rarely been the case. Some authoritarian he is.

I was talking to my Mother in law about how bad it is people are gathering. More happy to see people being so excited that pig lost, they are rushing to the streets. 

But they are just exercising their right to free speech, so oh well!

I bet less people celebrating Trumps loss will get Covid than people in the white house 🤣🤣🤣🤣

If I am being honest I don't give a shit about healing. The conservatives f$!#%@ up this country when George Bush took us into Iraq and they f$#$% us again when Doald Trump destroyed the economy with stuff like trade wars, lowering the tax rates, and helping corona virus run rampant across the country 

They clearly don't care about leading the country and when they are elected they never say lets heal with democrats. Fu!# that bullshit.

They just jammed an awful supreme court justice down our throat and they want us to heal? They can lick my balls.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Recently after Trump was elected president in 2016, my father had written an email to one of his friends from back in the university days, and he casually said something about "President Trump" in the message.

A few hours later he received a response, with his friend stating "I will never recognise or consider him as my president". To contextualise things a bit, the initial email's focus wasn't even about Trump or politics. But no, the friend couldn't give Trump a chance, just because he is a far leftist and was pissed Clinton lost.

So when Biden talks of healing and "giving him a chance", I think, "Why the f*ck should I?" No one on the left gave Trump a chance, despite all the positives during his presidency. Bunch of f*cking hypocrites at the end of the day.

Then let's look at the Biden family. His son Hunter and the alleged corruption, the drugs, the ties with China, etc. If I were doing that sort of shit I'd be doing hard time behind bars, so why is his son above the law so bad? Then we should give this corrupt politician and his corrupted family a chance? Yeah right, he's gonna have to try harder than that if he genuinely wants healing.

Do you feel any irony talking about someone who has been in public service for 45 years with no actual corruption cases, while ignoring the fact that literally everything Trump and his garbage children have done are corrupt? Any at all?

Best part is, what little nonsense Trump accomplished will be thrown in the Shit can, like so many ugly red MAGA hats once a real president is sworn in. 

oh and Biden will re-join the WHO as soon as he is sworn in too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Do you feel any irony talking about someone who has been in public service for 45 years with no actual corruption cases, while ignoring the fact that literally everything Trump and his garbage children have done are corrupt? Any at all?

Best part is, what little nonsense Trump accomplished will be thrown in the Shit can, like so many ugly red MAGA hats once a real president is sworn in. 

oh and Biden will re-join the WHO as soon as he is sworn in too. 

Glad to see you believe career politicians are honest 🙂

Got any more funny jokes to share with us?

8 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Glad to see you believe career politicians are honest 🙂

Got any more funny jokes to share with us?

More honest than reality TV show failures! 

Who has lied more? Trump, or everyone else who ever was a public servant?

Funny how Trump supporters wanted someone who wasnt a a career politician, and what they got instead was an inept, sleezy failure who will go down in history as a stain on this country. 
Trump will live in a shadow under Obama’s legacy (and hopefully Biden’s) as well no matter how terrible “career politicians” are. 

Hope you are doing Good, Dave. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrWunderful said:

More honest than reality TV show failures! 

Who has lied more? Trump, or everyone else who ever was a public servant?

Funny how Trump supporters wanted someone who wasnt a a career politician, and what they got instead was an inept, sleezy failure who will go down in history as a stain on this country. 
Trump will live in a shadow under Obama’s legacy (and hopefully Biden’s) as well no matter how terrible “career politicians” are. 

Hope you are doing Good, Dave. 

It's quite funny Corey, it seems a lot of folks feel otherwise. 

Forty years from now, let's see what the books say about all three of those guys. Biden won't even last more than two years in office, then there was the bit about Obama being the initial catalyst to bring racial strife to the States, compared to all of the accomplishments Trump was achieving, despite the media and half the country not being on his side, from the start. I definitely see which of these three will make the history books for the right reasons.

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

No one on the right gave Obama a chance. McConnell swore that the number one agenda for his Senate was to make sure Obama was a one-term president. No trying to compromise or get beneficial bipartisan legislation done. And the right wing media attacked Obama for the color of his suit and that he liked Dijon mustard (because there wasn't anything else to attack.)

It'd be the perfect opportunity for the right to break the cycle and actually work with a dude they've known for decades, who isn't particularly hardcore liberal (and neither is Harris) and get some work done in this country; word has it there's still a crippling pandemic going on, and it would be a welcome change from Trump's policy of "ignore COVID and maybe it'll go away."

But I guess having a guy that can "own the libs" and attack PC culture was more important than actual bipartisan leadership.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Forty years from now, let's see what the books say about all three of those guys.

I suspect Trump will get the raw end of that deal. Especially if he runs afoul of the authorities when he gets out, as they've been looking at his questionable business dealings all this time.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

It's quite funny Corey, it seems a lot of folks feel otherwise. 

Forty years from now, let's see what the books say about all three of those guys. Biden won't even last more than two years in office, then there was the bit about Obama being the initial catalyst to bring racial strife to the States, compared to all of the accomplishments Trump was achieving, despite the media and half the country not being on his side, from the start. I definitely see which of these three will make the history books for the right reasons.

That is a great opinion, but its actual nonsense. Trump only accomplished having more unemployment when he left than when he came in. Same thing with the economy lol. 

And blaming the first Black president for racial strife, while supporting the guy who literally ran on “Mexicans are rapists” his all I need to say. Unless Trump writes his own history book, he will go down as a crying, whining, one term, pathetic baby. 

He couldnt even hang Obama’s portrait up in the white house because he couldnt stand to have a successful black man who was more respected glaring over him 😂😂

I wonder if Trump’s presidential library will just be print outs of his tweets?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

who isn't particularly hardcore liberal (and neither is Harris) 

I'm curious your definition of hard-core liberal.  Harris co-sponsored the green new deal and is for Medicare for all. She has moderated some of her stances, or at least not shown a spotlight on them since being selected to run as vice president. She is however historically pretty dang far left of center.

• Like 3