IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Pinbot

Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for some HOT ARCADE ACTION!
We are nearing the end of this year's Weekly Contest, so lets get our contestants to play some CLASSIC PINBALL!
They will fight for the top spot of this week and for the 2nd place on Arcade genre, since @bertsampson already secured the crown, in PIN BOT!
Here's the rules:

• 1 player only
  • Play until Game Over
  • If you achieve a high score, take your picture on the name entry screen
  • Highest score wins
  • GENRE: Arcade

The contest ends Sunday, 10/04/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

2007719913_SagePinbot.png.4d3e384d394b82

• Like 3
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

99,999,999 This is one of my favorite Pinball games, so I thought I'd join in this week.  This was easily my best game of Pin Bot ever.  For the first time, I maxed out the score and looped the s

Hello humanoids, this is Pinbot talking, the Pinball Robot! We experienced interesting 93A80 second moments together, now time to tally the resulting facts. Congratulations to @Red, the only huma

Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for some HOT ARCADE ACTION! We are nearing the end of this year's Weekly Contest, so lets get our contestants to play some CLASSIC PINBALL! They will fight for the

Posted Images

1st Red 99,999,999
2nd 0xDEAFC0DE 35,643,910
3rd 8bitdontquit 22,149,480
4th Bearcat-Doug 17,921,600
5th Nicies 16,207,480
6th bertsampson 12,497,460
7th PII 7,111,420
8th Gaia Gensouki 6,498,020
9th JamesRobot 6,188,590
10th Gaia Gensouki 6,075,640
10th NESfiend 6,075,640
12th ninjistar 4,743,760
13th Ausden 2,875,670
14th Tablew/chairs 2,780,510
15th Mega Tank 1,753,260
16th mbd39 1,296,270
17th skinnygrinny 923,130
18th Jeevan 624,050

This is one of my favorite Pinball games, so I thought I'd join in this week.  This was easily my best game of Pin Bot ever.  For the first time, I maxed out the score and looped the stages in the same game (I've accomplished these in separate games before, but never in the same game).

pinb.JPG.7c5c630e0fae1ecd289ee6fe81942ccb.JPG

• Like 1
  • Wow! 5
5 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Why the shit is there not a pause button!?! There are no shortage of buttons available and even playing the game badly takes up a long time without breaks. Pinball purist sons a bitches. 

Aside from that gripe, this is a really fun change of pace. A fun game to zone out with 

The B button on controller 2 pauses.

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Why the shit is there not a pause button!?! There are no shortage of buttons available and even playing the game badly takes up a long time without breaks. Pinball purist sons a bitches. 

Aside from that gripe, this is a really fun change of pace. A fun game to zone out with 

maybe if the damn ball doesn't go down the wrong way and cause u a loss 😐  

No im not bitter 🤣

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, bertsampson said:

You wanna antagonize me?  Well antagonize me!  Get in the ring!

edited to make PG for all the youngsters.

Yeah, I do. It entertains the fans, so I'm here for it. We all know you suck, but you don't need to be this enthusiastic about it. It's not like this weeks contest is High Speed. You could probably crush everyone with your experience. 😉

spacer.png

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Yeah, I do. It entertains the fans, so I'm here for it. We all know you suck, but you don't need to be this enthusiastic about it. It's not like this weeks contest is High Speed. You could probably crush everyone with your experience. 😉

spacer.png

I'm not sure what you mean by that.  Am I good at High Speed?  I forget.

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Nah. Just mediocre like everything else. It's sad really. Criminally bad.

I'm no criminal...well, just the once...or was it twice.  Anyway, in comes the FNG @Nicies to make me wanna try again.  I can't let some dude's brother that's not his brother or whatever craziness, beat me.  You @Bearcat-Doug don't matter.  I'd be fine losing to you now so you actually make the tournament.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, bertsampson said:

I'm no criminal...well, just the once...or was it twice.  Anyway, in comes the FNG @Nicies to make me wanna try again.  I can't let some dude's brother that's not his brother or whatever craziness, beat me.  You @Bearcat-Doug don't matter.  I'd be fine losing to you now so you actually make the tournament.

Lol I dont know how much more pinbot Nicies has in him. He has spent the last two days at work bitching about the game. Getting him addicted to the contests was a success. Selling him on the greatness of 8-bit gaming is still a work in progress. 

• BeaIank unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to VGS!

Play, Make, Collect.

Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

Join the conversation!

• Similar Content

• By BeaIank
      LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, it is TIME!
      Time for some fast paced action that will leave you all glued to your seats.
      Today, our 15 heroes start to compete to see who will prevail!
      5 of them will FALL in disgrace and dishonour this week.

Be prepared, for they will tackle a CLASSIC, Alien Syndrome!
      Here's the rules they will have to follow to secure their scores... and their survival!
      Play 1 player mode You can play with either character 1 life only Pause the game as soon as you die and take your picture If you beat the game, you have a very short time to take your picture at the score tally screen. Be prepared  Highest score wins Best of luck to our challengers. They will need it.
      The contest ends Sunday, 11/29/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.
    • By BeaIank
      LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
      Welcome to THE VERY LAST weekly contest game for this season!
      And what a fitting finale right before our most expected tournament!

This week, our players have it easy, having to compete for high score on the easiest NES game ever conceived, GHOSTS 'N GOBLINS!
      Without further ado, here's the SPOOKY rules for this not at all spooky game:
      Play until Game Over You must power up your NES before each of your run to reset the drop pattern correctly. You may collect each 1-up only once.  In the second loop of the game, you will be allowed to collect each 1-up one time as well. Looping from stage 6 to stage 5 by not having the shield is forbidden Highest score wins Participation: 5,000 GENRE: Action The tournament details will be made public during the course of the next two weeks. Players, be prepared!
      The contest ends Sunday, 10/25/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• By BeaIank
      It is time to GET SPOOKY! October is upon us. SPOOOOKYYYY!

So to start this scary season, nothing better than an horrific game, Monster In My Pocket!
      Since our players are scared shirtless, here's the rules already:
      1 life only 1 player only Choose whichever character you want Stage progress followed by high score is what determines your placing. If you make to the final boss, take your picture at the start of the fight. Your run ends there. Max score is 9,500. If you pass over it, your score is 9,490 and your run ends there. In case of 9,490 points ties, progress will determine who wins. If you hit exactly 9,500, you may proceed till the final boss without killing anything else... if you can. Any score picture taken at the boss screen takes precedence over 9,500+ points scores. Reaching the boss is a sure way to secure a top 8 spot. If you make to the final boss with 9,500, you earn the 1st place for this week. Several people can tie for 1st this week. Participation: 500 The contest ends Sunday, 10/11/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• By BeaIank
      Hello and welcome, adventurers!
      I hope you are ready for a lunatic week of puzzling challenges here at our beloved Weekly Contest!
      For this week, our brave players tackle unlicensed waters on KRAZY KREATURES!
      Here's the insane rules they will have to follow.
      1 player only Play on Easy difficulty Start on Level 1 Play until Game Over Take your picture on the Game Over screen Highest score wins GENRE: Puzzle The contest ends Sunday, 09/27/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• By BeaIank
      Ladies and gentlemen, who is REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADY for our VERY LAST round of games of this season of VIDEOGAME SAGE WEEKLY CONTEST?
      And what a better way to start it with some fast, icy action?
      Bring on Heavy Shreddin!!!

Here's the rules our competitors will follow:
      Play till game over Highest score win Do note that if you beat the game, you have only a few seconds to take your picture You are not allowed to loop the game. Consequences for doing such could be cold. GENRE: Sports Special Bea rule: Icy puns will NOT BE TOLERATED!!! The contest ends Sunday, 09/20/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.
      "What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!" - Freeze, Mr - 1997