IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Pinbot

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for some HOT ARCADE ACTION!
We are nearing the end of this year's Weekly Contest, so lets get our contestants to play some CLASSIC PINBALL!
They will fight for the top spot of this week and for the 2nd place on Arcade genre, since @bertsampson already secured the crown, in PIN BOT!
Here's the rules:

• 1 player only
  • Play until Game Over
  • If you achieve a high score, take your picture on the name entry screen
  • Highest score wins
  • GENRE: Arcade

The contest ends Sunday, 10/04/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

2007719913_SagePinbot.png.4d3e384d394b82

• Like 3

Events Team · Posted
1st Red 99,999,999
2nd 0xDEAFC0DE 35,643,910
3rd 8bitdontquit 22,149,480
4th Bearcat-Doug 17,921,600
5th Nicies 16,207,480
6th bertsampson 12,497,460
7th PII 7,111,420
8th Gaia Gensouki 6,498,020
9th JamesRobot 6,188,590
10th Gaia Gensouki 6,075,640
10th NESfiend 6,075,640
12th ninjistar 4,743,760
13th Ausden 2,875,670
14th Tablew/chairs 2,780,510
15th Mega Tank 1,753,260
16th mbd39 1,296,270
17th skinnygrinny 923,130
18th Jeevan 624,050

This is one of my favorite Pinball games, so I thought I'd join in this week.  This was easily my best game of Pin Bot ever.  For the first time, I maxed out the score and looped the stages in the same game (I've accomplished these in separate games before, but never in the same game).

pinb.JPG.7c5c630e0fae1ecd289ee6fe81942ccb.JPG

• Like 1
  • Wow! 5

5 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Why the shit is there not a pause button!?! There are no shortage of buttons available and even playing the game badly takes up a long time without breaks. Pinball purist sons a bitches. 

Aside from that gripe, this is a really fun change of pace. A fun game to zone out with 

The B button on controller 2 pauses.

• Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted
19 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Why the shit is there not a pause button!?! There are no shortage of buttons available and even playing the game badly takes up a long time without breaks. Pinball purist sons a bitches. 

Aside from that gripe, this is a really fun change of pace. A fun game to zone out with 

maybe if the damn ball doesn't go down the wrong way and cause u a loss 😐  

No im not bitter 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bertsampson said:

You wanna antagonize me?  Well antagonize me!  Get in the ring!

edited to make PG for all the youngsters.

Yeah, I do. It entertains the fans, so I'm here for it. We all know you suck, but you don't need to be this enthusiastic about it. It's not like this weeks contest is High Speed. You could probably crush everyone with your experience. 😉

spacer.png

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Yeah, I do. It entertains the fans, so I'm here for it. We all know you suck, but you don't need to be this enthusiastic about it. It's not like this weeks contest is High Speed. You could probably crush everyone with your experience. 😉

spacer.png

I'm not sure what you mean by that.  Am I good at High Speed?  I forget.

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Nah. Just mediocre like everything else. It's sad really. Criminally bad.

I'm no criminal...well, just the once...or was it twice.  Anyway, in comes the FNG @Nicies to make me wanna try again.  I can't let some dude's brother that's not his brother or whatever craziness, beat me.  You @Bearcat-Doug don't matter.  I'd be fine losing to you now so you actually make the tournament.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bertsampson said:

I'm no criminal...well, just the once...or was it twice.  Anyway, in comes the FNG @Nicies to make me wanna try again.  I can't let some dude's brother that's not his brother or whatever craziness, beat me.  You @Bearcat-Doug don't matter.  I'd be fine losing to you now so you actually make the tournament.

Lol I dont know how much more pinbot Nicies has in him. He has spent the last two days at work bitching about the game. Getting him addicted to the contests was a success. Selling him on the greatness of 8-bit gaming is still a work in progress.