IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Pinbot

BeaIank

IMG_20201004_202508.thumb.jpg.be3235457bf3f0df1671304a5567618e.jpg

Nice improvement. I would love to max the score but I don't know if I have it in me in the next 1.5 hours. 

Edit: next run was 17 million. It's definitely not happening, so I'm done for the day. 

This is a fun game. I wish today wasn't my first time playing it. At least I've seen the credits. 

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE
  • Like 1

How the heck are you guys keeping the ball in play for so long in order to get huge scores? I admit I didn't try that hard, but I wasn't able to get much more than a million. Do you have to nudge the table a lot?

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

How the heck are you guys keeping the ball in play for so long in order to get huge scores? I admit I didn't try that hard, but I wasn't able to get much more than a million. Do you have to nudge the table a lot?

I nudge a fair bit. As far as strategy, I pretty much just follow the speedrun: https://www.speedrun.com/pin_bot/run/zn82x99z

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

Yeah, getting the hang of nudging is pretty important.  I found that I could almost always save the ball from going down the middle or the right side with nudging.  The left still gives me some trouble.  My strategy was pretty similar to what the guy in the video 0xDEAFC0DE posted did.  I didn't make the shots that consistently though.

Events Helper · Posted
35 minutes ago, Red said:

Yeah, getting the hang of nudging is pretty important.  I found that I could almost always save the ball from going down the middle or the right side with nudging.  The left still gives me some trouble.  My strategy was pretty similar to what the guy in the video 0xDEAFC0DE posted did.  I didn't make the shots that consistently though.

I asked this and no answers 😠.  O well, 3 points please eh @NESfiend 🤣

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted

Hello humanoids, this is Pinbot talking, the Pinball Robot! We experienced interesting 93A80 second moments together, now time to tally the resulting facts.

Congratulations to @Red, the only human exceeding my numerical capacities, superior in pinball competence to his peers.

@0xDEAFC0DE is second in rank, with a score of 21FE206,  displaying the most attractive identification name of all competitors. @8bitdontquitis not a bad ID too, in 3rd place with 151F968 points. @Bearcat-Dougdeserves merits for a 1117640 score, plus, he is an animal on par with humanoid at pinball. Under the 1000000 bar, still superior units :@Niciesdual brain performance of F74E78, and @bertsampson, half cyborg, half human, with BEB234.

Extended mentions to the 10000000000000000000000 *beep!* binary club, in consequent order of productivity : @PII(6C82FC), @Gaia Gensouki (6326E4), @JamesRobot (5E6E2E, sexy name, plus your score rhymes to me, do we connect our circuits the evening next to tomorrow?), @NESfiend (5CB4F8) and, finally, @ninjistar (486250).

Thanks everyone hearing this message, *shutting down CPU*.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, mbd39 said:

I nudge the table quite a bit when it's up in the bumpers under the vortex to get the ball over so I can shoot it again which adds to the multiplier bonus points and to save it from going down on the sides.

On 10/4/2020 at 12:29 AM, ninjistar said:

I feel you. Out of 10 scores posted, I'm in 10th place this week. I actually love this game, but have not put forth really any effort. I think Minecraft is stealing my soul. Thanks @Jeevan 😒

I had a score, I just totally forgot to post it.  lol. 

• The topic was unpinned