IGNORED

Stock Analysis and Trades Thread

Daniel_Doyce

@RH, personally I'm just looking for big time growth stocks right now, so I can't say much about Nintendo or that bank. I let my 401k managers worry about long term growth.

I just bought 7 shares of Tesla yesterday for $603. I've noticed that the last three times it dropped to 600, it immediately rebounded to 700, no matter what the greater market was doing. It's already back up to $635 with further gains in the aftermarket. I'll probably sell at 680 or 700, if it can make it that far.

I also really like Airbnb, Apple, and Square right now. I think Airbnb profits are gonna jump like crazy in the summer as more states open up. Apple has shown a lot of support at 118 and remains one of the most valuable companies in the world with insane cash reserves.

Square is my pick to become the next Amazon. In a world where 80% of all purchases are still made in cash, they have insane growth potential. They also are leaning heavily into crypto which I'm also bullish on. They had amazing growth during the pandemic, but the stock has dropped significantly the past few months and I think it's a really good value right now. This is a long, long hold stock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I just bought 7 shares of Tesla yesterday for $603. I've noticed that the last three times it dropped to 600, it immediately rebounded to 700, no matter what the greater market was doing. It's already back up to $635 with further gains in the aftermarket. I'll probably sell at 680 or 700, if it can make it that far.

Square is my pick to become the next Amazon. In a world where 80% of all purchases are still made in cash, they have insane growth potential. They also are leaning heavily into crypto which I'm also bullish on. They had amazing growth during the pandemic, but the stock has dropped significantly the past few months and I think it's a really good value right now. This is a long, long hold stock.

My Tesla buy turned out to be a nice pick. It's already up from 603 to 667, partly spurred by good news out of the Biden administration regarding plans for big investments into EV infrastructure. There is a good possibility that GM and CCIV (AKA Lucid Motors) could also see big bumps if the infrastructure bill gets passed, so keep an eye on them.

2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

My Tesla buy turned out to be a nice pick. It's already up from 603 to 667, partly spurred by good news out of the Biden administration regarding plans for big investments into EV infrastructure. There is a good possibility that GM and CCIV (AKA Lucid Motors) could also see big bumps if the infrastructure bill gets passed, so keep an eye on them.

I made a little off TSLA this week, but played it wrong. Congrats. 

Is anyone going to go in VIAC. I mean it looks like they are still dumping shares and the short interest is a little high, but it's hard to imagine this thing not popping atleast 25%.

The Tech bounce was good today. I did get in PTON around $103 that I'm happy with but didn't get ABNB at $170 even though I really wanted to. Like both of those plays.

Haven't pulled trigger on Z yet as I could still see more profit taking there. Also strongly considered SPCE at $28 but unsure if I want to get in that one too. Seems like all hype with no fundamentals, but Elon obviously will provide all capitalization it needs.

Oh and kudos again to whoever mentioned RAD... I didn't get that one but I did invest in the sector with WBA. They beat earnings handedly and I will add to the position if there is a bit of a post earnings lull. Looking at the weekly chart I see lots of upside in 2021 especially. 

30 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Haven't pulled trigger on Z yet as I could still see more profit taking there. Also strongly considered SPCE at $28 but unsure if I want to get in that one too. Seems like all hype with no fundamentals, but Elon obviously will provide all capitalization it needs.

A little confused by that last comment -- what does Elon Musk have to do with Virgin Galactic (ticker SPCE)?

2 hours ago, Californication said:

I made a little off TSLA this week, but played it wrong. Congrats. 

Is anyone going to go in VIAC. I mean it looks like they are still dumping shares and the short interest is a little high, but it's hard to imagine this thing not popping atleast 25%.

I've been watching Tesla do this bounce over and over again and finally decided to bite. Just so happened to get lucky with the infrastructure plan announced today. Sadly these earnings will only cancel out a bad trade I made earlier this month. A smarter move for me would have been to just hold Tesla when I owned it at 250. 🤦‍♂️

52 minutes ago, jonebone said:

The Tech bounce was good today. I did get in PTON around $103 that I'm happy with but didn't get ABNB at $170 even though I really wanted to. Like both of those plays.

Nice on PTON, that looks like the bottom for now. I really like ABNB and I have it at 185, which is decent. I may just sell at 10% profit so I can move that money over to crytpo. I have a big position in Square at 230, but I'm very jealous of people who were patient enough to get it at 205. So much potential upside there.

Anyone planning to buy into ARKX? I don't know that it will ever be possible to repeat what ARKK did last year, but the space industry is extremely young. Established players like Boeing and Lockheed haven't done anything as impress as SpaceX (still private) and Rocket Labs hasn't completed it's SPAC merger yet. Still, throwing $1000 at ARKX as a set it and forget strategy could be a good idea.

Edited by DoctorEncore

Hopefully we’ve reached the bottom of the sell off. Was anyone else loading up during March?

I bought more TSM and glad I did. Announcement recently of a 100billion expansion vs intel’s small 20billion expansion. This should see them stay ahead of the game for at least the next few years. 2022 first half fully booked and now taking orders for second half. 1.5% dividend as well. Still a no brainer for me at their current price.

Also added a bit more to my Lithium play. Hoping they will be turning a net profit by mid year with the way lithium has been tracking.

10 hours ago, Shmup said:

Hopefully we’ve reached the bottom of the sell off. Was anyone else loading up during March?

I bought more TSM and glad I did. Announcement recently of a 100billion expansion vs intel’s small 20billion expansion. This should see them stay ahead of the game for at least the next few years. 2022 first half fully booked and now taking orders for second half. 1.5% dividend as well. Still a no brainer for me at their current price.

Also added a bit more to my Lithium play. Hoping they will be turning a net profit by mid year with the way lithium has been tracking.

It's so hard to tell. Tech is more volatile than crypto right now. A lot of iffy companies are still ridiculously overvalued.

Speaking of which, I got out of Tesla at 670, so that was a good little day trade for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

It's so hard to tell. Tech is more volatile than crypto right now. A lot of iffy companies are still ridiculously overvalued.

Speaking of which, I got out of Tesla at 670, so that was a good little day trade for me.

Hard to say. I went deep into a few stocks at their bottom yesterday, and am hoping the sell-off was because of the three day weekend and fear of the unknown going into next week. I feel like after a three week decline the tech might have a little more bounce even if it continues down. It did have three days of gains so I think a little pump on the breaks is normal, but it could go either way.

Edited by Californication

3 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Yeah true. Currently the only tech I hold is MSFT and TSM. Both I am holding for long term so this noise didn’t bother me. MSFT traded sideways during it and TSM dropped so I bought more and now they’re making their climb again.

I agree that some tech has some eye watering valuations but a lot are also reporting record profits. 

Some reporting updates this month so I guess that will give us a better picture.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shmup said:

Yeah true. Currently the only tech I hold is MSFT and TSM. Both I am holding for long term so this noise didn’t bother me. MSFT traded sideways during it and TSM dropped so I bought more and now they’re making their climb again.

I agree that some tech has some eye watering valuations but a lot are also reporting record profits. 

Some reporting updates this month so I guess that will give us a better picture.

Microsoft is such a good long hold. I've got a nice stake in them that I don't plan on selling until I'm ready to retire.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Microsoft is such a good long hold. I've got a nice stake in them that I don't plan on selling until I'm ready to retire.

Yeah definitely similar thoughts. Azure is absolutely killing it, I expect they’ll have some good numbers yet again.

Their game division is definitely doing all the right things to grow too.

I’m looking forward to hearing more on their server chips. The less they have to rely on Intel the better.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone get Square in the low 200s? I bought a good chunk at 215, but my cost basis is around 230 because I already held a stake at a higher price. They had an amazing run last week, so I'm hoping it continues. No earnings report until May and every bit of good news for crypto seems to be good news for Square. I see a conservative target price of 1000 over the next 5-10 years.

Apple has also seen a nice rally from 118 to 130. Kudos to anyone who got in there for a quick 10% gain.

Anyone tracking the Coinbase DPO? They just released an absolutely killer earnings report and will be going public on Wednesday. Only problem is no one has any clue how many shares will be available or what price. Private shares have been trading at $300-350, which is insane. I expect valuation to come in the $80-100 billion range, so those prices are probably close to what we're going to see.

I definitely want in, but not at that price. Also, since it's a DPO, every current shareholder can sell immediately without restriction. Demand seems to be huge, but supply could potentially match if the price is that high.

Should be a fun week.

Lithium has had a fantastic week and looks to keep going. Currently at $610us m/t and predicted to hit $1000 by year end.

I’m currently holding Galaxy Resources and Pilbara. Galaxy had a fantastic quarter and Pilbara are set to announce this week, which with current prices, should see a great quarter for them too.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Californication said:

Going to dip my toes into ARRY this a.m. Company looks like shite, but there is something about seeing 28% down on pre-market volume that is always hard to avoid.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/arry-alert-shareholder-rights-firm-151500341.html

Hoping you did some reading on why it was dropping so much.  Down 40% at the moment.

14 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/arry-alert-shareholder-rights-firm-151500341.html

Hoping you did some reading on why it was dropping so much.  Down 40% at the moment.

I searched and didn't see that. I thought it was because of the earnings miss. I took a nice hit on this.

So how about that Coinbase?  It's as volatile as any crypto on a crypto exchange. I'm still long term bullish, but I think much of the old guard, so to speak, doesn't know how to evaluate and handle this one.  Still, there's nothing like being up a couple hundred one day, to lose it all and a bit more in the next day and then rinse/repeat.