IGNORED

Stock Analysis and Trades Thread

Daniel_Doyce

2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

For unclear reasons, AMC spiked again in pre-market today. I was able to get out at $6.01 on my $5.53 basis for a really nice gain. Super happy about that one. Still holding the bag on Denison Mining though. May have to cut my losses and run on that one.

I wish I could find a good chart showing the but/sell pressure of this stock.  If there are a lot of buy orders in the $5.50 range and not as much sell pressure, this stock looks like it could be poised for a spike soon to about $10.00.

I will admit I don't know what I'm talking about, but I sure learned in crypto that you could follow certain trends on charts and metrics, and so long as there was no bad news, you could reasonably predict future spikes.  After that big spike to $19, we seem to have got to a low we're bouncing off of ($5.50).  If there's significant buy pressure below that, general market behavior can give it another run-up, but not likely as high as the one-month high.  Looking at the current chart, I am guessing that next spike will be in the $9.50-10.50 range.

Now, if that happens and there's another short-squeeze, I guess it could go higher. I doubt that,  but it's not impossible.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMAX may be a good buy for 1-2 year growth. Apparently they've been doing extremely well in China as their economy has opened up and obviously they should see some recovery in other countries as the year goes on. I think they have mostly upside without the volatility of AMC. The best time to buy would have been April of last year, but hindsight is 20/20.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/russellflannery/2021/02/16/imax-shares-soar-on-chinas-record-new-year-box-office/?sh=3e47f1ef3349

9 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Keep an eye on all of the tech selloff, there's several I wouldn't mind entering if the price gets right.  A few that I am keeping a close eye on, ones I've wanted too buy but have felt were too bloated:

PTON, Z, BYND and of course just SPY (or TQQQ) in general.

Yeah, I'm watching closely today. Could be some really good deals during this bloodbath. I really want to get more Square, but earnings report is tonight and the market no longer responds reasonably to good news.

Also, watching CCIV crater is hilarious given how ridiculously bloated it was.

Edited by DoctorEncore

5 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Yeah, I'm watching closely today. Could be some really good deals during this bloodbath. I really want to get more Square, but earnings report is tonight and the market no longer responds reasonably to good news.

Also, watching CCIV crater is hilarious given how ridiculously bloated it was.

To be direct, I'm not advocating buying any of those today.  You typically would wait for volume to thin out and rather be a bit late (paying more) after confirming the trend.  The flipside is buying way too early and watching yourself bleed the whole way down.  

Personally I like PTON at $100 and absolutely love it at $80.  Zillow I played from $40 to $100 before getting out, and like that one again around $140.  BYND I still think is really bloated but the chart shows me good support at $120 and would consider a position there. 

5 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

Any particular reason you're looking at a 3x-leveraged version instead of just QQQ?

A 3x-leveraged ETF doesn't really fit the same risk profile as the SPY ticker it was next to in your comment! 😛

Well I think we're massively devaluing the dollar so I expect 2021 to still continue up in the stock market.  I'd rather have the 3x gains in an upmarket than slower.  It is a very small portion of my portfolio so I can tolerate swings there.  

2 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Well I think we're massively devaluing the dollar so I expect 2021 to still continue up in the stock market.  I'd rather have the 3x gains in an upmarket than slower.  It is a very small portion of my portfolio so I can tolerate swings there.  

What is your take on the concept of "decay" for leveraged ETFs held over longer periods of time?  I'm not as well-read on it as I would like to be.

My portfolio portion for "extra" risk in tech is riding with ARK ETFs for the most part.

I just sold my 1 Sony share because I dont see it going up any further since they arent getting enough PS5s out to the public, and I bought 33 shares of Corvus Pharm with that money at $3.80/share.  This is my first investment in something other than a gaming or electronics company as I dont know much about it, but they are a supplier of the Covid vaccine, so Im taking a chance.

38 minutes ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

I just sold my 1 Sony share because I dont see it going up any further since they arent getting enough PS5s out to the public, and I bought 33 shares of Corvus Pharm with that money at $3.80/share.  This is my first investment in something other than a gaming or electronics company as I dont know much about it, but they are a supplier of the Covid vaccine, so Im taking a chance.

I own NTDOY at the moment and I think I'll be holding a while. Good or bad times, Nintendo seems to have the business accumen to continue to stay relavent. They are also a bit easier to predict, IMHO, than MSFT and Sony. Xbox sales us just a drop in the Microsoft bucket and Sony has many other business divisions which can have a positive or negative affect on the bottom line beyond just the PlayStation. Nintendo is just a gaming company so if you are familiar with their business, you can make reasonable judgement calls on the health of them as a company.

Anyway, I think Nintendo is poised to continue performing well this year. I don't think parents like scalpers and those considering to get a console between now and Christmas for their tweens and younger will likely to continue choosing the Switch. I'm sure the others are doing well, but I don't think Nintendo is going to get buried. Not at all.

13 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Oh my God, Gamestop and AMC AGAIN? 🤣 You're gonna be a millionaire @RH!

Seriously though, how many people have made a small fortune on these two stocks? If I had held mine, I'd have made over $10,000!

I sold mine this AM thinking today would be a dip.  Oh well.  I did make good money, but I think I might pick up a portion tonight unless it keeps skyrocketing.

I'm happy with the returns I got but the thing is, I really think we're about to hit a plateau and then it will get back down to around $6.00 before moving up again.

I don't know if there will be another short-squeeze like all of the WSB redditors keep thinking.  Wall Street is smart.  I'm sure their are shorters but after getting burned with GME, I guarantee you anyone with intelligence is going to start steering clear of shorting stocks that are considered "memes".

2 minutes ago, RH said:

I sold mine this AM thinking today would be a dip.  Oh well.  I did make good money, but I think I might pick up a portion tonight unless it keeps skyrocketing.

I'm happy with the returns I got but the thing is, I really think we're about to hit a plateau and then it will get back down to around $6.00 before moving up again.

I don't know if there will be another short-squeeze like all of the WSB redditors keep thinking.  Wall Street is smart.  I'm sure their are shorters but after getting burned with GME, I guarantee you anyone with intelligence is going to start steering clear of shorting stocks that are considered "memes".

Oh yeah for sure. You are WAY more likely to lose money on AMC or Gamestop than make money at this point. They are complete joke stocks. The only exception is if you truly buy at the bottom. We both bought at $5.50 which is a reasonable price for the stock. $9 is not.

I got some good prices today on Square, Clover Health, and Fuse Acquisition. Those should give me some nice returns over the coming days and weeks. Today was a great day to buy real stocks.

I also think Apple is an amazing buy right now. It's down quite a bit from its peak and down for the year. I bet it makes 20% growth by the end of the year.

Edited by DoctorEncore

I bought in DIS today.  I know it's at a high, but my wife really, REALLY loves WDW and watches live bloggers that go to the parks.  They've been hit hard due to the pandemic, and I have no doubt they will start seeing some good revenue once more people are inclined to travel.  They are more of a long term, 9-12 month hold for me now.

3 minutes ago, RH said:

I bought in DIS today.  I know it's at a high, but my wife really, REALLY loves WDW and watches live bloggers that go to the parks.  They've been hit hard due to the pandemic, and I have no doubt they will start seeing some good revenue once more people are inclined to travel.  They are more of a long term, 9-12 month hold for me now.

Disney is a great stock. I originally bought in 2014 and it has had fantastic growth. I only wish I had invested more when I first bought in. They used to give a decent dividend, but suspended it last year due to COVID, which has made me consider finally selling. That being said, they aren't as overvalued as tech stocks and I'm still bullish this year as theme parks gain capacity and theaters start to reopen.

4 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

If anyone is still holding GME, SELL SELL SELL!!!

Good grief... doubled during the day, and doubled after hours.  This is wild even by the standards of the "original squeeze".

I hopped out of my lingering AMC shares with the added benefit of the after hours bump.

Have my one lonely "souvenir" share for GME -- had planned to keep it, but this is getting sillier than I'd expected to see again, and rationally I wouldn't flush a couple of $100 bills down the toilet 😉 😛 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

Good grief... doubled during the day, and doubled after hours.  This is wild even by the standards of the "original squeeze".

I hopped out of my lingering AMC shares with the added benefit of the after hours bump.

Have my one lonely "souvenir" share for GME -- had planned to keep it, but this is getting sillier than I'd expected to see again, and rationally I wouldn't flush a couple of $100 bills down the toilet 😉 😛 

Looks like a huge number of people took profits at $200 and it's plunged back to $160. This is insanity.

1 minute ago, RH said:

So, is this still short-squeezing or are people just this dumb to buy into a stock of a dead company at whatever price they are being sold on the order books?

I think it's another short squeeze. From what I've read, retail traders cannot really bid the price up this high. It would take too much money.