IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

I've been on a minor tear recently trying to scoop up a few old memories, and going after a very short list of things I care about too as well to try out or get back.

I think the only picture worthy one though is this here, the hard to come by let alone for less than $150 these days Simpsons game, which you can see there, and it's complete plus the floppy still works too.  It was my first retail PC game back in 1991 I bought, still a lot of fun and works great in DOS Box.  I got the pair together in a nice bundle deal.  Not pictured I also days earlier got Star Trek 25th Anniversary complete in its box, the CD release with the original cast voicing it.

Those Gameboy SP 101s last month I picked up, they're all fixed up now.  I was able to source some 1:1 quality pearl pink and pearl blue shells for my scuffed up units, and got a flame red shell for the hobo patchwork looking third system.  The blue and pink I even removed the original Nintendo stickers from and got them on the new shells nice and clean (as they were at least.)  I've got them on display on my shelf now with their chargers and the red in my case for use.  See for yourself. 🙂

Also finally got a good deal for a DS game I'd been hunting not to pay $70-80 for now for over a month, got Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon strangely from a local through ebay for $50 complete in the box in fantastic shape.

df-simpsons.jpg

gbasp101a.jpg

gbasp101b.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I've been on a minor tear recently trying to scoop up a few old memories, and going after a very short list of things I care about too as well to try out or get back.

I think the only picture worthy one though is this here, the hard to come by let alone for less than $150 these days Simpsons game, which you can see there, and it's complete plus the floppy still works too.  It was my first retail PC game back in 1991 I bought, still a lot of fun and works great in DOS Box.  I got the pair together in a nice bundle deal.  Not pictured I also days earlier got Star Trek 25th Anniversary complete in its box, the CD release with the original cast voicing it.

Those Gameboy SP 101s last month I picked up, they're all fixed up now.  I was able to source some 1:1 quality pearl pink and pearl blue shells for my scuffed up units, and got a flame red shell for the hobo patchwork looking third system.  The blue and pink I even removed the original Nintendo stickers from and got them on the new shells nice and clean (as they were at least.)  I've got them on display on my shelf now with their chargers and the red in my case for use.  See for yourself. 🙂

Also finally got a good deal for a DS game I'd been hunting not to pay $70-80 for now for over a month, got Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon strangely from a local through ebay for $50 complete in the box in fantastic shape.

df-simpsons.jpg

gbasp101a.jpg

gbasp101b.jpg

I just bought a new red shell for mine and have never replaced one before let alone tried to lift a sticker.  I might hit you up for some questions, when I get around to it.

19 hours ago, Jicsan said:

Nice haul of shmups!  I've been meaning to get that Macross game forever.

Macross is great. It almost feels like it is too good to be on the SNES.

The big surprise of the bunch though was actually Hellfire. It's not better than Macross, but I've passed on Hellfire multiple times, it just didn't look appealing. It is super difficult and fun and the music is insane. When I put Hellfire in, I was literally smiling while I played. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Matchbook said:

I just bought a new red shell for mine and have never replaced one before let alone tried to lift a sticker.  I might hit you up for some questions, when I get around to it.

Not a problem, it gets a little weird if you're not careful as you'll miss a step and have to re-do it.  Happened a half dozen times on the red one, goofed a step on the 2nd, and the third one I had no issue.

jun2020pickups.thumb.jpg.8a52e5d571846670c333ab861dfa0dbf.jpg

Okay here is what's new for April, May, and June. 

I got Final Fantasy and Star Trek to replace my long ago traded off childhood copies.  And Dr. Mario because it's amazing and I want to get all the NES Mario's CIB.  Thanks again, @DoctorEncore.

Finally got a Super Castlevania IV box, it's the re-release and it's missing the manual, but I'm not letting that bother me (too much, for now, at least....).

I played the mess out of Final Fantasy VII Remake, I was off work exactly one week due to COVID and did nothing but honey-do's and FF7R.  I've almost got the platinum trophy, but I think the "pull-ups" trophy is beyond my skills.  I got Xenoblade in the big box, since I also have X and 2 in the big box, I felt obligated.  RE3 Remake, I haven't gotten around to playing it yet but am looking forward to it.  The CE was too much, but I really wanted that Jill statue.

• Like 5

Engagement Edition showed up today. I loved the orange colored cart.... until I popped open my other one and realized it was blue. Denver Bronco colors ? Really? 😜

Oh well, I’m just happy I was able to add the moose to my collection. 

23D6F1E7-AE38-4E02-B638-F69CE09D198D.jpeg

Edited by Richardhead
  • Like 5

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Richardhead said:

Engagement Edition showed up today. I loved the orange colored cart.... until I popped open my other one and realized it was blue. Denver Bronco colors ? Really? 😜

Oh well, I’m just happy I was able to add the moose to my collection. 

23D6F1E7-AE38-4E02-B638-F69CE09D198D.jpeg

Go Broncos! 

• Wow! 1

Larry is just such a well done game on the NES.  I picked a copy up off of Khan some months ago and it still sits in reach on my shelf here as it's just a treat.

Recently though I did add SimCity Creator and (re-added) Clubhouse Games to my DS shelf.  I have to admit I'm quite shocked at how good SCC is as it has ironed out a lot of problems the older DS game had and added lots of unique stuff I think the franchise would have benefited from keeping around such as time period eras and limitations of such.

Bunch of stuff in, apologies if anything here is a repost. 

Shantae GBC vinyl soundtrack was only $23 from Fangamer and it’s a beaut. I’ve come to accept that I’ll probably never own the game so this feels like a nice consolation prize. 

1A54107A-0BFC-46CD-BF9A-396EB4262562.thumb.jpeg.5c79471e255fc78c0e5c800b0b144071.jpeg

Isabelle Smash Amiibo was the last Amiibo I needed to complete my Animal Crossing figures set and I missed it when the first run hit retail so can you believe I’ve waited over a year for this restock to finally get it? And with my GameStop $5 coupon it was only $10.99.

1A340C5B-7268-41FE-B651-BE337A3FFF35.thumb.jpeg.1b7737e50c9030af6cf0a22085d1817b.jpeg

I returned the sealed Link’s Awakening LE I got from Woot and bought the box and art book off someone on Reddit for $35. I also took advantage of a promotion from Play Asia where you could buy the SE Asia Link’s Awakening bundle (game + steelbook) for regular price and get the Japan exclusive 4 CD soundtrack set for just $9.99. A savings of like $30. So I frankensteined the LE with an ESRB cart and got the soundtrack as a bonus for about the same price I would have paid for a sealed UK LE. 

15E9CFE2-210C-4640-95FC-390FB2D56526.thumb.jpeg.987c3f866a36985a473cd8d21c086e8b.jpeg

2378A856-AB57-43C2-8C90-F09FAFAD8E4A.thumb.jpeg.fdac32972ddfff548e1a045900c490b5.jpeg

Missed Teslagrad when it was on clearance from Best Buy for $22.99 but it got restocked on Amazon for $19.99 so that ruled. 

34AAF60E-7449-4B88-B632-0041424787C7.thumb.jpeg.2a5f3eec5b7c14efe5643833c44bc565.jpeg

Got the ACNH pre-order poster in a swap, it’s really nice, I just need to flatten it 🙂

29254B7B-4C7A-4A74-9017-97315CF50E0C.thumb.jpeg.aee8b2fc274ad870891ed7433deea213.jpeg

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 5