IGNORED

Beat the Playstation Library!

Jeevan

Pssst...hey, @Jeevan, any chance the first post could be updated? I'm in the mood to beat more PlayStation games and it's very motivating to see my victories (and others' too) crossed off the list.

Trying to decide what to tackle next. I've been playing around with a few:

• Mortal Kombat: Special Forces (ridiculously hard to see, it's so dark)
  • Eagle One: Harrier Attack (that intro FMV is amazing)
  • M&Ms: Shell Shocked (shovelware Crash Bandiclone)
  • Roland Garros: French Open 2001 (yikes)
  • Chocobo's Dungeon 1 (fan translation of Japanese exclusive, probably not eligible here but it's a decent "roguelite" and I've found it mildly entertaining)
Edited by bronzeshield
  • Like 2

I beat Project Horned Owl not too long ago.

I think Irritating Stick can be considered done too.  I cleared the TV and Arcade course and there were credits at the end of the Arcade ones.  I did not clear the AI courses though.  Clearing a course in that mode isn't enough to move on the next one.  I cleared up to 49, but it won't let me move on to a higher one.  It seems if you're not quick enough, it won't let you move on.  I actually did all this last year, then did it again fairly recently.

In case they're interested, I'm going to tag @Splain, @Jeevan and @RH for this post because they were participants in the N64 contest from a while back where we played the Japanese version, Ucchannanchan no Hono no Challenger: Denryu Iraira Bo.  The PS1 version seems a lot easier than the N64 version.  You don't select the speed of the stick at the beginning.  Instead, you can change the speed at any time with the X and square buttons.  It almost makes the analog control pointless since it's a lot easier to change your speed with these buttons than with the tilt of the analog.  It also give you a bunch of extra lives and continues.  There are 3 difficulty settings, but you still get extra lives and continues on hard.  Several of the segments seem easier to navigate as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted

@Jeevan I finished up Medal of Honor tonight.

Never played it before, but quite liked it. The controls were quite good for their age, and the gameplay was fun. Not a ton in the way of story or anything, but that's okay with me, just some fun shooting. It's a shame that the only unlocks for completing the game with high ratings per level is multiplayer skins; if it was something fun like Goldeneye had I'd probably actually go back through to unlock stuff. 

IMG_20230912_001641.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

WipEout XL is complete.  Earned the right to test out the experimental "Piranha" Craft which has all qualities maxed out and no ability to use weapons.  It's really weird trying to pilot it, feels like it's wobbling all over the place, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it before long.  In terms of track design this is probably the best WipEout game I've played so far, it's really incredible, so many tight squeezes and constantly having to yo-yo between rip roaring acceleration and heavy braking really channels a realistic feel.  Would have been cool if it had Weapon and Combo Challenges like WipEout 64 but nothing like that, just 8 Awesome tracks at 4 difficulty speeds with Arcade mode, Time trial and two challenges, the second of which is all 8 tracks in a row at the fastest speed.  You have to take 1st to advance and if you take 2nd or 3rd you can retry the track you're on w/o losing a credit.  So if you miss the podium you lose one of 3 credits.  Most of the tracks took me multiple tries tonight except for 1, 5 and 7 which I nailed on the first go.  Unexpectedly, I made the podium every time and never had to burn a single credit.

If only I could play this one with an N64 controller and it's amazing 360˚ Joystick, this would be, hands down my favorite WipEout game.

WipEout XL.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Played through Power Rangers Zeo: Full Tilt Battle Pinball...twice.  Beating it on normal difficulty ends with the villain challenging you to play hard difficulty.  The game is generous with lives and continues, so it isn't very difficult even on hard mode.  It's not a bad game and I enjoyed it more than when I first gave it a shot years ago, but I think the Saturn KAZe pinball games (Last Gladiators and Necronomicon) are much better.

Also played through Ray Tracers.  Taito could have easily just called it Chase H.Q. 3D.  It looks good and plays well enough, but kinda boring overall.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in a Pinball mood lately, so I went and cleared another one.  True Pinball is done.  Since there is no ending, I beat the default high scores on all four tables.  Not great, but I did like it better than the Power Ranger one.

Edit: Just finished another one.  Beat the default high score in Pro Pinball.

Edited by Red
  • Like 2

One more pinball game done, Patriotic Pinball.  Beat the default scores in regular mode for both tables.  Can't recommend this one.  Having the game freeze to load while the ball is in play is really annoying.

• Like 1