IGNORED

Beat the Playstation Library!

Jeevan

• 2 weeks later...

I beat Countdown Vampires last weekend. It's another flawed survival horror game in the books for me. Although, I'd say that Martian Gothic was more interesting, because CV was more of a straight forward RE clone. By the way, it feels wrong to type "CV" because my brain reads that as Castlevania. Or if not that, then Code Veronica. Anyway, I might try Galerians next.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finished Fear Effect. I did not get a screenshot because the ending lasted literally a few seconds and I was not prepared for that. Kind of shocking, to be honest, since the rest of the game is chock full of video cutscenes. Oh well.

It's a pretty cool game. Plays like a Resident Evil clone that focuses a bit more on action than on survival. I remember it got a lot of hype back in the day, but I don't hear much about it anymore. Anyway, I liked it.

• Like 2

Tonight I completed and won a tournament in Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit.  I'm not sure of any other way to "beat" the game.  The game also offers Knockout mode and Hot Pursuit mode.  The Hot Pursuit mode is where you try not to get arrested by the police.  You can race against an opponent, but it's just single races.  The Knockout mode is similar to a tournament, except you have to make sure you don't finish last and get knocked out.  The final race is down to two racers and the winner wins the event.  Overall, the Tournament is the primary way to play the game and I would consider it the best way to "beat" the game.

Need for Speed III Hot Pursuit.jpg

• Like 2

Finished Resident Evil 2 tonight.

After completing the N64 version for the "Beat Every N64" tread, I decided to complete another playthrough on the PS1.  Since I used Claire on N64, I went with Leon on PS1.  Even though a single play though is all that is needed, I might go ahead and finish Claire B just for fun since I haven't done it in a while.

I was 50 minutes faster than my N64 playthrough, but I still saved my game a lot which resulted in my B rating.  I didn't use a single first aid spray.  

Resident Evil 2 Completed 10.27.22.jpg

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Finished Resident Evil 2 tonight.

After completing the N64 version for the "Beat Every N64" tread, I decided to complete another playthrough on the PS1.  Since I used Claire on N64, I went with Leon on PS1.  Even though a single play though is all that is needed, I might go ahead and finish Claire B just for fun since I haven't done it in a while.

I was 50 minutes faster than my N64 playthrough, but I still saved my game a lot which resulted in my B rating.  I didn't use a single first aid spray.  

Resident Evil 2 Completed 10.27.22.jpg

I already did RE2 earlier this year. >_>

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

I already did RE2 earlier this year. >_>

Well, shit.  

I'm honestly not sure how I missed it.  I thought I checked first.  I beat RE DC back in February and I planned to go straight into RE2 afterwards, but I never got around to it.  I follow this thread and I never remembered seeing someone post about beating RE2, so that's probably why I thought it was still open.

Oh well, playing RE2 is never time wasted.  

Angry Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

• Agree 1

Beat Crusaders of Might and Magic. This game kind of surprised me. I was totally expecting it to be awful, but I ended up enjoying it a bit. I wouldn't necessarily call it good, but not bad.

It's an action-RPG, but really more action than RPG. You fight bad guys, earn experience, gain levels, learn magic, etc. But it's extremely linear and not a very long game, although that was totally fine by me in this case. It's got janky graphics, clunky controls, and a goofy script/story... and that's all I have to say about that.

IMG_20221021_231454.jpg

Edited by cj_robot
  • Like 2

OK, I double checked this time around and Ace Combat 2 is not completed yet, so I'm working on that now.  I managed to get through the first 10 missions tonight, so it won't take me more than a day or two to finish.

I'm trying to play through this game using the dual analog flight stick.  I've never done that before.

znzb03qjuhtlmvw6g.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 2

Ace Combat 2 is complete.  I used to play this game a ton in high school, but I bet it's been close to 20 years since I played it last.  I forgot how much I enjoyed it, and I was able to play the entire game with the Dual Analog Flight Stick.  I might have enjoyed it even more that way.  

Ace Combat 2 Completed  10.30.22.jpg

• Like 3

I started playing DOOM last night just for something different.  I've played through DOOM more times than I could ever count, but I've never gone through the entire PS1 version.  I'm trying to decide if I really want to put up with 50 something levels of a FPS without analog sticks.  Playing the PC version or the PS3/PS4 versions are just so much smoother with better controls.  I'm not sure if I will be able to finish the PS1 version without burning out.  If it was only DOOM, I think I could do it, but I really don't think I want to play through the DOOM II levels without a modern controller.  

Edited by TDIRunner

I am having a surprisingly good time playing Doom on PS1.  I really wish I could play this game with analog sticks, but I've been slowly adjusting to using the d-pad along with shoulder buttons to strafe.  I'm just a few levels away from completing the Doom I part of the game and I will go straight into Doom II afterwards.  I'm looking forward to playing the exclusive levels built for the game since I've obviously never seen those before.  I will update once I'm done.  

• Like 2

Completed Syphon Filter! I was impressed by a number of things (like the variety of locales), but at the same time a lot of the gameplay/story felt like it didn't quite hold up today. I guess it reminded me more of Uncharted than anything else, but with the shooting of a PS2 GTA game. There's a bunch of PS1 era Metal Gear and Tomb Raider influence as well, but of course not on the level of those games. Interesting game, but I dunno if I'll bother with the sequels.

• Like 3

Beat Deception III: Dark Delusion.

This game was a pleasant surprise. First time playing a game from this franchise. The story is either poorly written or poorly translated and I couldn't really make sense of what all the characters were actually up to, but the game itself was quite fun. It's damn satisfying watching these badass villains come after you just to get blown up by a bomb in the floor, knocking them into poisoned spikes in the wall where a flaming boulder is ready to drop on their heads.

IMG_20221029_091524.jpg

• Like 2

DOOM is complete.  I completed every level including secret levels.  For those not familiar, this game is actually made up of levels from Ultimate Doom and Doom II.  A hand full of levels from those original games are left out, but they make up for that with six completely unique levels to PS1 along with some completely different levels brought over from the Jaguar port.

Overall I really enjoyed playing this.  I was extremely familiar with Doom and Doom II, but I had never actually played the PS1 version.  Obviously the control is not ideal since this game was released before the Dual Analog support, and the lack of memory card support is a bit of a pain, but the music is amazing and as much as I love the original music, I think the PS1 music actually fits the game better.  The exclusive levels are a lot of fun even though one of the levels has an unescapable room.  Club Doom is probably the most unique non-custom level that I've ever seen.  

DOOM Completed 11.8.22.jpg

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 2

Final Doom is complete.  

Doom is a lot of fun, but I'm ready for a break.  The PlayStation ports of both games make up 89 levels and that's a lot to play using a d-pad for the controls.

I love Final Doom and it plays exactly the same as Doom on PS1.  However, I think they did a better job with the Doom port over Final Doom.  The PS1 port of Doom included 59 levels, 51 of which were from Ultimate Doom and Doom II with 8 levels exclusive to the PS1.  That means that only 17 levels were missing from the original games, which isn't too bad considering that the exclusive levels are pretty fun.

Final Doom on the other hand is only 30 levels made up of TNT, Plutonia, and the Master Levels.  This means that 55 levels were missing and there were no exclusive levels to the PlayStation.  It was still a lot of fun though, and I'm glad I was able to play a game on PS1 that I hadn't played before. 

20221110_230637.jpg

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 2

C The Contra Adventure is defeated. I tried playing Legacy of War, but that one's just bad and I quickly gave up. C is unremarkable, but it's certainly an improvement. A few stages are 2D, while the rest are 3D. But even within the 3D, sometimes they restrict the camera angles so there's a bit of variety (some parts are Contra 1 base level style, some are Super C top down style, etc). Exploring levels in 3D didn't always feel like an actual Contra game, but it was decent enough action.

I don't remember anyone caring about this game at the time of release, since Legacy of War was so poorly received.

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted
20 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Just knocked off Blazing Dragons.  Talk about a hidden gem!

Anyway, @Jeevan, might be time for an update eh...I mean, there's a whole page of updates to add...

i'll update when im not playing the oregon trail 😆  i will try to update all 3 threads tomorrow 😉

Sounds good man 🙂

While I have your attention, I was just playing Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 2nd Edition.  Even losing gives you a cheque, and you get the choice to view the credits.  Being a game show game, I'd say that the win condition should be to actually win the million dollars, not just getting an ending and viewing the credits.  I'll probably be knocking it off anyway sometime soon, I just thought I'd mention it because this would likely also be the case for the third edition game as well (yay shovelware).

Oh, and I was thinking I might run through WCW/nWo Thunder.  Just wanted to make sure whether we could do any title or if it had to be the WCW Championship.  The only difference is the number of matches (TV Title is 5, US is 7, World is 10), so I would assume the TV title would be fine, but it doesn't hurt to double check 😛

Events Helper · Posted
15 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Sounds good man 🙂

While I have your attention, I was just playing Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 2nd Edition.  Even losing gives you a cheque, and you get the choice to view the credits.  Being a game show game, I'd say that the win condition should be to actually win the million dollars, not just getting an ending and viewing the credits.  I'll probably be knocking it off anyway sometime soon, I just thought I'd mention it because this would likely also be the case for the third edition game as well (yay shovelware).

Oh, and I was thinking I might run through WCW/nWo Thunder.  Just wanted to make sure whether we could do any title or if it had to be the WCW Championship.  The only difference is the number of matches (TV Title is 5, US is 7, World is 10), so I would assume the TV title would be fine, but it doesn't hurt to double check 😛

shit, i missed this, yes win the million bux

um, n64 beat them all makes you do them all, but i think maybe just world 🙂  don't have to do all 3, sound ok?