Jump to content
IGNORED

Beat the Playstation Library!


Recommended Posts

The following PAL games are currently listed i nthe main body:

  • One Piece Grand Battle!
  • Overblood 2 
  • Gungage

There's also various things wrong with the Victory Boxing franchise I don't want to bother with spelling out everything for, so I'll just leave this here and let Jeevan figure it all out:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/games/franchise/177-contender

note the release data for each game.

Compilations of standalone PS1 games to remove:

  • Disney Action Games Collector's Edition
  • Disney's Collector's Edition
  • EA Action Collectors' Edition  
  • EA Racing Collectors' Edition  
  • EA Sports Collectors' Edition
  • Eidos Collector’s Edition

Pretty sure Metal Gear Solid - Special Missions and VR Missions are the same thing.

There's some silly stuff going on with how the localized King's Field games were numbered but despite similarities, Shadow Tower is definitely not King's Field III.

It seems dubious to me that Nascar 98 Collector's Edition and 99 Legacy count as separate games from the originals if RE1 Director's Cut and Dual Shock version don't (and we made the correct call for the latter imo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJYvCHm3Ov4 aside) but I don't know anything about those games. Same with The Lost World - Jurassic Park Special Edition.

If we're including PAL games, that potentially raises some questions about Final Fantasy Anthology and Chronicles. FFIV-FFVI had European releases on PS1 but they had VI by itself whereas their "Final Fantasy Anthology" was IV and V. Given this, that all of the games involved (FFIV/V/VI and CT) are based on Japanese PS1 versions released standalone anyways, that all of the real games involved there come on their separate own discs no matter what kind of box they came in or titles they were released and marketed under, and that PSN sells those games individually under PS1 classics rather than together under the Anthology/Chronology titles (Square/Sony have spoken!), I think it makes more sense to do them individually.

Edited by MagusSmurf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Events Team · Posted
4 hours ago, MagusSmurf said:

The following PAL games are currently listed i nthe main body:

  • One Piece Grand Battle!
  • Overblood 2 
  • Gungage

There's also various things wrong with the Victory Boxing franchise I don't want to bother with spelling out everything for, so I'll just leave this here and let Jeevan figure it all out:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/games/franchise/177-contender

note the release data for each game.

Compilations of standalone PS1 games to remove:

  • Disney Action Games Collector's Edition
  • Disney's Collector's Edition
  • EA Action Collectors' Edition  
  • EA Racing Collectors' Edition  
  • EA Sports Collectors' Edition
  • Eidos Collector’s Edition

Pretty sure Metal Gear Solid - Special Missions and VR Missions are the same thing.

There's some silly stuff going on with how the localized King's Field games were numbered but despite similarities, Shadow Tower is definitely not King's Field III.

It seems dubious to me that Nascar 98 Collector's Edition and 99 Legacy count as separate games from the originals if RE1 Director's Cut and Dual Shock version don't (and we made the correct call for the latter imo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJYvCHm3Ov4 aside) but I don't know anything about those games. Same with The Lost World - Jurassic Park Special Edition.

If we're including PAL games, that potentially raises some questions about Final Fantasy Anthology and Chronicles. FFIV-FFVI had European releases on PS1 but they had VI by itself whereas their "Final Fantasy Anthology" was IV and V. Given this, that all of the games involved (FFIV/V/VI and CT) are based on Japanese PS1 versions released standalone anyways, that all of the real games involved there come on their separate own discs no matter what kind of box they came in or titles they were released and marketed under, and that PSN sells those games individually under PS1 classics rather than together under the Anthology/Chronology titles (Square/Sony have spoken!), I think it makes more sense to do them individually.

I think i got everything, but not sure, let me know 😉  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

I think i got everything, but not sure, let me know 😉  

There's still a bunch of games not released in the US on the main list including Agent Armstrong, Bishi Bashi Special, Blaze & Blade, Chaos Break, Complete Onside Soccer, Destructo 2, Diver's Dream, Earthworm Jim 2, Firo & Klawd, Fluid, Formula Nippon, Ghoul Panic, Global Domination, Hebereke's Popoitto,  Hybrid, IK +, Kotobuki Grand Prix, Kurushi Final, Land Maker, The Last Report, Libero Grande, Lone Soldier, Megaman Battle and Chase, The Note, Paradise Casino, Pax Corpus, Pet in TV, Plane Crazy, Poy Poy 2, Pro Backgammon, Puchi Carat, Puma Street Soccer, Radikal Bikers, Retro Force, Robin Hood - The Siege, Roland Garros French Open 2001, Rox, SWING, Santa Claus Saves The Earth, Shadow Gunner, Shao Lin, Silent Iron, Sitting Ducks, Ski Air Mix, Submarine Commander, Super Drop Zone, Superman, Sven Goran Eriksson's World Challenge, Sword of Camelot, Tank Racer, Technomage, Terracon, Tilt, Tin Tin, Tobal 2, Toys, Transport Tycoon, Trash It, Tunguska Legend Of Faith, Tweenies, Virus It is Aware, Versailles 1685, Vib Ribbon, Viper, Wanted, Warm Up, Westlife Fan-O-Mania, Wild Rapids, Windsurfers Paradise, Wing Over 1 & 2, Worms Pinball, X2, and Yo Yo's Puzzle Park.  There may be more on there, but this is what jumped out at me.

Also, the Actua Golf games, Box Champions 2000, Kula World, Kurushi, Power Diggerz, Rayman Junior (all 3 of them), Theme Park World, are European games that were released under different names in the US.  Not sure if there are US equivalents for Actua Pool and Soccer.

Net Yaroze, Memory Card 1MB, and Official Mouse aren't games.

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

More PAL/JPN:

The Sky Sports stuff

Iznogoud

Irritating Stick

 

Not sure you can "beat" RPG Maker or Fighter Maker either.

Irritating Stick got a US release.
RPG Maker includes a sample game that can be beaten.  I'm not sure either way about Fighter Maker.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Red said:

There's still a bunch of games not released in the US on the main list including Agent Armstrong, Bishi Bashi Special, Blaze & Blade, Chaos Break, Complete Onside Soccer, Destructo 2, Diver's Dream, Earthworm Jim 2, Firo & Klawd, Fluid, Formula Nippon, Ghoul Panic, Global Domination, Hebereke's Popoitto,  Hybrid, IK +, Kotobuki Grand Prix, Kurushi Final, Land Maker, The Last Report, Libero Grande, Lone Soldier, Megaman Battle and Chase, The Note, Paradise Casino, Pax Corpus, Pet in TV, Plane Crazy, Poy Poy 2, Pro Backgammon, Puchi Carat, Puma Street Soccer, Radikal Bikers, Retro Force, Robin Hood - The Siege, Roland Garros French Open 2001, Rox, SWING, Santa Claus Saves The Earth, Shadow Gunner, Shao Lin, Silent Iron, Sitting Ducks, Ski Air Mix, Submarine Commander, Super Drop Zone, Superman, Sven Goran Eriksson's World Challenge, Sword of Camelot, Tank Racer, Technomage, Terracon, Tilt, Tin Tin, Tobal 2, Toys, Transport Tycoon, Trash It, Tunguska Legend Of Faith, Tweenies, Virus It is Aware, Versailles 1685, Vib Ribbon, Viper, Wanted, Warm Up, Westlife Fan-O-Mania, Wild Rapids, Windsurfers Paradise, Wing Over 1 & 2, Worms Pinball, X2, and Yo Yo's Puzzle Park.  There may be more on there, but this is what jumped out at me.

Also, the Actua Golf games, Box Champions 2000, Kula World, Kurushi, Power Diggerz, Rayman Junior (all 3 of them), Theme Park World, are European games that were released under different names in the US.  Not sure if there are US equivalents for Actua Pool and Soccer.

Net Yaroze, Memory Card 1MB, and Official Mouse aren't games.

Irritating Stick got a US release.
RPG Maker includes a sample game that can be beaten.  I'm not sure either way about Fighter Maker.

I shall work on this tomorrow, thanks for the input 😉  I will put irritating stick back in, although it will be irritating........

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted

@Jeevan  Are you trying to make a US list or all regions?  I did a quick copy and paste into Excel and you have about 200 too many lines for the US set and it's way too low for all regions.  I can send you an Excel list with just the US set if you want it.  

Edited by TDIRunner
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted

When we did this back when PlayStation Age was still a thing, I knocked out several dozen games on the PS1 list in the first year.  But traffic was so low over there, I was pretty much the only person active in the thread.  

When I wrap up BOTW (which should be soon) I might start knocking PS1 games off the list.  I'll start with the ones I can beat with my eyes closed.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Events Team · Posted
31 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

@Jeevan  Are you trying to make a US list or all regions?  I did a quick copy and paste into Excel and you have about 200 too many lines for the US set and it's way too low for all regions.  I can send you an Excel list with just the US set if you want it.  

yes please, also ps2 for the ps2 thread if u have it, all the US list, pal/jpn is extra and does not count towards reset!!!!  So, if/when you get time, pm me a list of either/or 😉  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
9 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

yes please, also ps2 for the ps2 thread if u have it, all the US list, pal/jpn is extra and does not count towards reset!!!!  So, if/when you get time, pm me a list of either/or 😉  

Sorry, I don't have PS2 or PS3.  I'll get you my PS1 list later tonight.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, RH said:

FYI, IMHO "beating" RPG Maker of Fighting Maker should involve making those games, not beating any samples.  

yes, but who will play them, do they mail me a memory card?  lol.  maybe we should just exclude them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
21 hours ago, Jeevan said:

yes, but who will play them, do they mail me a memory card?  lol.  maybe we should just exclude them?

No, that's not quite what I meant.  I simply meant to register it as finished is to simply create a game on both.  It doesn't have to be much, just something to engage the full, but unique, library of the system.  We are on the honor system here so they can just start up their new games and show the intro/first scene of them.

Edited by RH
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Events Team · Posted
57 minutes ago, RH said:

No, that's not quite what I meant.  I simply meant to register it as finished is to simply create a game on both.  It doesn't have to be much, just something to engage the full, bug unique, library of the system.  We are on the honor system here, so they can just start up their new games and show the intro/first scene of them.

I can agree with this condition if it seems like a good one.  not sure how much involvement it takes, but open to suggestions for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Administrator · Posted

@RH @Jeevan

I'm good w/ that re: RPGMaker et al. The point of them is to MAKE a game, the samples should be taken as just samples, side content. It's all honor system really, so I'd trust anyone who said they made an RPG, and would HOPE that nobody would actively deprive themselves of the pleasure of doing so. Many days as a kid were spent doing just that, and even with literally zero people to play my games I still had a lot of fun, and learned a lot.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Events Team · Posted
11 minutes ago, Gloves said:

@RH @Jeevan

I'm good w/ that re: RPGMaker et al. The point of them is to MAKE a game, the samples should be taken as just samples, side content. It's all honor system really, so I'd trust anyone who said they made an RPG, and would HOPE that nobody would actively deprive themselves of the pleasure of doing so. Many days as a kid were spent doing just that, and even with literally zero people to play my games I still had a lot of fun, and learned a lot.

I didn't know it was on ps1, thought it was a newer gen thing.  interesting that it came out that era.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Administrator · Posted
16 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I didn't know it was on ps1, thought it was a newer gen thing.  interesting that it came out that era.

I forget the name of it (despite owning a copy myself) but there was also a Shmup maker on PS1 in Japan. The concept of making your own games was/is pretty popular over there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
31 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I didn't know it was on ps1, thought it was a newer gen thing.  interesting that it came out that era.

It's on Super Famicom too.  I think there were PC versions that came out even earlier.

14 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I forget the name of it (despite owning a copy myself) but there was also a Shmup maker on PS1 in Japan. The concept of making your own games was/is pretty popular over there.

Must be one of the Dezaemon games.  There's Plus, which is an update of the Super Famicom version and Kids, which I think was meant to be an easier to use version.  The nice thing about Kids though is that it contains about 100 pre made games.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Beat Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

The combat is pretty simple, there are too many block puzzles, there’s a bit of jank (constricting!), it’s surprisingly light on dialogue and story, there’s not much of a conclusion, and I ran into a file-killing glitch over halfway through.

But, the creative vision here is really strong, I had fun, and I’m excited to see where this franchise goes.

7/10

D5125503-1707-4C66-89A7-2EE32CFDF439.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted

I wanted to at least get my name on the board, so I knocked out Crash Bandicoot this evening just to get a quick one out of the way.  

I wished we had started this last year because I completed several PS1 games that take well into the 8-10 hour plus range to complete.  But oh well, just gives me an excuse to play through them again.  

 

Crash Bandicoot Completed 2.7.22.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...