IGNORED

Konami NFT Auctions

1 minute ago, OptOut said:

What store? What camera? I checked out your website, it's literally just Mii's. How are they supposed to know my waistband size and which side of my pants I stuff my dick down?

Ready Player Me isn't mine. That's just a loose idea of how it could work, the technology I've been explaining is similar but not identical. I wouldn't dismiss the idea if I were you, it's a multi-billion dollar industry.

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Code Monkey said:

Just stand there, a camera scans you. It could be a kiosk in the store.

I mean, if you have to get up and go to a store to get scanned, why not just buy the thing at the store you're being scanned at? Why go to a store with a product you want, to be scanned, so you can go back home, and virtually buy the product which is then shipped to you... when you could just buy the product at the store? If anything this approach just sounds more like it's completely defeating the convenience of online shopping, the product coming to you rather than vice versa. If you still have to get up and go to any given store to get jacked in to the Matrix, you might as well just get up and go to the store to buy the thing physically. This especially complicates things if it's not a universal system and every company has their own system you need to scan in to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I mean, if you have to get up and go to a store to get scanned, why not just buy the thing at the store you're being scanned at? Why go to a store with a product you want, to be scanned, so you can go back home, and virtually buy the product which is then shipped to you... when you could just buy the product at the store? If anything this approach just sounds more like it's completely defeating the convenience of online shopping, the product coming to you rather than vice versa. If you still have to get up and go to any given store to get jacked in to the Matrix, you might as well just get up and go to the store to buy the thing physically. This especially complicates things if it's not a universal system and every company has their own system you need to scan in to.

Get scanned once, shop online forever. 

Ready Player Me isn't mine. That's just a loose idea of how it could work, the technology I've been explaining is similar but not identical. I wouldn't dismiss the idea if I were you, it's a multi-billion dollar industry.

You said a camera will scan me. I clicked the link and it's a fucking Mii!!!

Where's the full body 3D scan? 

Just now, Code Monkey said:

You said it would allow you to try on clothes for an exact fit! My body is a VERY different size and shape to what it was ten years ago. You are talking out of you ASS as usual. Where is the magical 3D scan technology, I DEMAND you show me so I may mock it further.

Just now, OptOut said:

You said it would allow you to try on clothes for an exact fit! My body is a VERY different size and shape to what it was ten years ago. You are talking out of you ASS as usual. Where is the magical 3D scan technology, I DEMAND you show me so I may mock it further.

Wait a week.

Events Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Again, assuming it's a universal system, which is a very optimistic view of the future. Every company would want in on their slice of the pie, and none of them would be able to cooperate enough to agree on ONE system for this, at least not until the tech had existed for several years/decades. And this is also ignoring the huge amounts of privacy concerns there'd be if something like this was actually implemented. Sure, it's up in the cloud or whatever and it's theoretically safe, but there's absolutely nothing stopping these huge mega-corporations from doing whatever they want with that data before moving it on up to the cloud where it's apparently safe. You'd be putting quite a lot of trust in these big companies that they wouldn't be doing any nefarious things with all this data they're collecting before stashing it somewhere safe given the track record of big companies that are given massive amounts of user/customer data...

Edited by ZeldaFreak
  • Agree 1

What I was describing is similar but not identical to that website.  I'm just proposing the idea of a digital avatar for online shopping isn't a bad idea.

ARE YOU? Because earlier you were ADAMANT that this technology not only exists, but would ACCURATELY REPLICATE the experience of trying on clothes in the real world:

2 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

IThe technology exists today to take a scan of someone and create a measurement-accurate avatar representation of them that's way more accurate than any augmented reality. 

The 3 dimensional assets in the Metaverse will exactly match the physical item, they have the same elasticity, pattern and dimensions as the physical item. You can even see how they react to your avatar's movement by trying them on in the Metaverse mall.

Nothing but hype, and smoke. You got nothing, but you are ready to sell a bill of goods.

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Bullshit.

OK to be fair, that part he was obviously massively over-exaggerating about, he just has a very blunt way of talking sometimes so it's hard to tell, haha.

Still though, even if this kind of future happens, I don't personally see it happening any time within the next several decades, and even past that it's a little hazy this type of thing would actually be widely implemented, at least in my opinion.

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

So are video games, yet Square Enix can't make a half-decent PC port of Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Money goes to garbage on the regular.

Yup, that's a much more succinct version of what I was gonna say. Just because there's a lot of money in it doesn't make it infallible, nor does it make it absolutely the future.

Obviously this is much different than the ongoing conversation, but still, case in point:

27df6c76cdc1be10ceda67d443d9fca7.png

• Like 1

I'm sorry to point this out, but...

1) Not all dot-com businesses that have embraced a brand new concept have lasted as long as they would have liked. The same goes for internet services and other digital-based businesses. So regardless how much a business obtains prior to starting a digital media business, it does not guarantee that it will be a long-term success. Nor does it guarantee it to be a short-term success. It just means they have to work their asses off if they do not want to be sued.

2) Sony did something similar to this during their PlayStation 3 days. Lets just say that events that made that become an occasional mess is why I am not embracing this right away. Plus, Konami's Silent Hill apartment was a major league disappointment. So do not expect me to embrace them anytime soon. Outside the rumors that they are using a Japanese staff to reboot the Silent Hill franchise. But beyond that, nada. But that is a personal preference. 👍

3) Konami also does business when it comes to gyms and pachinko games. These are two examples from Konami alone that I would prefer investing in. Just because Capcom, Square Enix, Sega, and others have shown that something like this is more regional than world wide. Simply because those in North America and Europe are more incline to treat this as a "futuristic" business venture. While regions in Japan show that it may not be the most profitable.

(And yes, I am basing this on conclusions I have made when it has come to my own business ventures. Despite the fact I also have a horrible "profit-making to sustain a hobby" track record.)

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@Code Monkey i bet you 1000$ in crypto blockchain NFts that none of what you said will actually happen.  I can 100% guarantee it.

Oh, and just so you know what you said about PayPal before in How if all of their servers magically go off-line one day everybody will lose their money or whatever is easily proven wrong, as that can't happen (outside of a worldwide emp or something).  I know this to be true because I have literally built a server farm for them with my bare hands. An EMP wouldnt even affect some locations that I’ve worked on. 

If that were to happen, all the super online people they have all their money tied up in all the shit that doesn’t actually exist, Are gonna be screwed either way when they cant doordash sushi lol

Edited by MrWunderful
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Administrator · Posted

15 years ago, I remember hearing about Second Life, and being told that it was going to be the future.  That businesses were going to rapidly expand and before long, the world of Second Life would be a significant portion of our economy.

It was an interesting concept - and for a while, it was actually quite successful.  But all of society is not interested in making this transition.

As an option?  A choice? Sure - some people enjoy embracing metaverse-style concepts and want to interact more with the world that way.

But that is most certainly not the case with everyone.  

And I actually have some significant concerns about the health and well-being of people, on a broader level, if a shift to "living" in a virtual world becomes more and more the norm.  

• Agree 3

43 minutes ago, RH said:

Well this thread escalated quickly.

Yeah I got lost and I just asked a little question yesterday actually on topic.  What exactly is Konami selling in that auction?  I can't make sense of all the legal bs of which it seems there's pages worth if you take it off like a 2pt font.  It almost looks like you own but don't own anything, and that non-owning ownership of whatever has like a year where you really don't own something?

I saw the classic piece of music Vampire Killer as an auction piece, but like...you don't really own it, but like can attach your name for a year as some co-dependent non-owner?  Seems like some bs fake ownership scam to raise some money.

5 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah I got lost and I just asked a little question yesterday actually on topic.  What exactly is Konami selling in that auction?  I can't make sense of all the legal bs of which it seems there's pages worth if you take it off like a 2pt font.  It almost looks like you own but don't own anything, and that non-owning ownership of whatever has like a year where you really don't own something?

I saw the classic piece of music Vampire Killer as an auction piece, but like...you don't really own it, but like can attach your name for a year as some co-dependent non-owner?  Seems like some bs fake ownership scam to raise some money.

Yeah...

Happy Parks And Recreation GIF

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Shhhh.... the crypto-millennials are kinda banking on this taking off...

I actually think gaming and NFTs are the perfect marriage of technologies. The only thing cooler than having a badass legendary item, super cool virtual house, or a really slick skin is being the ONLY person with that thing. MMOs immediately jump to mind as fertile grounds for this technology, but it could easily be applied to cosmetics or a myriad of other things within any PvP or PvE framework

This collectable pic/gif/bgm stuff is bullshit though. This NFT market will crash just like every other speculative market before it. I'm just excited for the time when NFTs finally find a real purpose.