IGNORED

Konami NFT Auctions

Administrator · Posted
23 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

1) I'm saying you'll be required to buy the NFT, that's how the online shopping will work. Try some jeans on your avatar and if you like them, buy them online. The NFT sale happens on the back end and the jeans get mailed out to you form the retailer's warehouse. Then the jeans become part of your online closet and you can apply them to your avatar as part of whichever clothing you want on your avatar that day in the Metaverse.

2) The technology exists today to take a scan of someone and create a measurement-accurate avatar representation of them that's way more accurate than any augmented reality. Importing that avatar into a shopping experience will allow you to check clothing fitment, people want that now and retailers are salivating for it.

3) Vaguely? The 3 dimensional assets in the Metaverse will exactly match the physical item, they have the same elasticity, pattern and dimensions as the physical item. You can even see how they react to your avatar's movement by trying them on in the Metaverse mall.

4) The rest you're right about, access to it will be problematic but if Bend was able to finally let go of their Blockbuster, we can get the Metaverse around the globe! Go Starlink!

I've numbered your statements which I'll address with my thoughts:

1. That will be an option certainly, but I do not see NFTs and blockchain being THE methodology. In the history of the internet and technology at large I can't think of a single instance where there was ONE solution. Am I gonna have to have 5 different crypto wallets to handle the varied retailers' options? I already have to do that with my credit card because I have an AMEX, so I also have a VISA as backup and THAT is a pain. Setting up a crypto wallet right now SUCKS; sure it'll get better probably, but there are so many options already - which crypto do you use? Which wallet? How many wallets? It's a nightmare right now and you're telling me that we're all gonna hold hands and pick one? Not happening.
  2. The technology's existence does not inherently make it the be-all end-all. Again, people with disabilities exist. People with lower tier technology. People who simply refuse to purchase certain tech - I know people who refuse to buy smartphones, they simply don't need one; but they have laptops and enjoy online shopping as much as the next person. I don't see how you're imagining that people in their own homes are going to have the tech to outdo AR, how do you think people are going to scan themselves? What's the solution for that? Surely you don't think everyone wants to have to go to the mall to the Meta kiosk to scan their whole bodies or something ridiculous like that, and AGAIN - you'd have to do so regularly to have anything resembling a good experience buying clothing based on the dimensions gleaned from that single experience. I certainly don't want Facebook to have a 3D scan of my body. Privacy laws are gonna kill half these dreams.
  3. That's cool and all for the folks with a GPU. I still see computers chugging at a lot of relatively simple online experiences. Granted, a chunk of that is that the devs involved are perhaps not experienced enough to fully optimize the 3D experience (I am guilty of this myself), but it stands to reason that not everybody will be able to *run* the thing you're proposing will replace the current offerings. Not to mention the whole concept of having to basically load up a game every time you want to shop. Analytics metrics have shown that users start to drop MILLISECONDS into your site loading; this proposed Metaverse would have to be SO ubiquitous that it's installed on every computer everywhere, basically it's the new Internet Explorer, installed on every Windows machine - which again brings us back to that ol' chestnut; do you really think Apple, Microsoft, Google, Amazon are all gonna hold hands and go "yeah, THIS is the Metaverse!". Not happening.
  4. Blockbuster is an apt metaphor for the argument on both sides IMO. It's a case of the old guy refusing to keep up with the times. Too big to fail, so they failed. Ancient Rome, the Sumerians, the Incans, Blockbuster, that guy at my old job who refused to use Javascript on websites because his mom has it turned off on her browser. They rose, and they fell.

I have a mind toward the future with these technologies, but I temper my expectations through the lens of the non-technological, the layman. The average person can hardly figure out the 2D web, not everyone is some techie.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

The technology exists today to take a scan of someone and create a measurement-accurate avatar representation of them that's way more accurate than any augmented reality. Importing that avatar into a shopping experience will allow you to check clothing fitment, people want that now and retailers are salivating for it.

LOL!!!

People today are so dumbfuck paranoid that they are REFUSING a FREE lifesaving vaccine during a pandemic!!! You really think people are going to be falling over themselves to cram their genitals into a 3D scanner so they can pick out the perfect size of dildo to use on their furry lion avatar in the metaverse???!!!!

I always knew you were pretty far out of touch with the real lives of actual human beings dude, but you are INSANE if you think that full-body scanning is ever going to be accepted by even more than 1 PERCENT of the general populace, let ALONE become the backbone of the fuggin future economy! 🤣

Edited by OptOut
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, OptOut said:

LOL!!!

People today are so dumbfuck paranoid that they are REFUSING a FREE lifesaving vaccine during a pandemic!!! You really think people are going to be falling over themselves to cram their genitals into a 3D scanner so they can pick out the perfect size of dildo to use on their furry lion avatar in the metaverse???!!!!

I always knew you were pretty far out of touch with the real lives of actual human beings dude, but you are INSANE if you think that full-body scanning is every going to be accepted by even more than 1 PERCENT of the general populace, let ALONE become the backbone of the fuggin future economy! 🤣

Its not like there are any countries where people dont even have indoor plumbing or food to eat, but plenty of metaverse VR fully body scanning quantum computers

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, MrWunderful said:

Its not like there are any countries where people dont even have indoor plumbing or food to eat, but plenty of metaverse VR fully body scanning quantum computers

Countries, bro there are Americans and Canadians in that situation.

• Sad 1

Administrator · Posted
Just now, OptOut said:

I mean that and about a MILLION other technical, financial, ethical, psychological and physiological problems... Why stop at the junk scanner?! 😂

Well hold on now, maybe let's give the junk scanner a shot before we poo-poo the whole thing.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Events Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, OptOut said:

LOL!!!

I always knew you were pretty far out of touch with the real lives of actual human beings dude, but you are INSANE if you think that full-body scanning is every going to be accepted by even more than 1 PERCENT of the general populace, let ALONE become the backbone of the fuggin future economy! 🤣

I'm not someone who's over-paranoid about this kind of stuff, or paranoid about much in general really. I'm vaccinated, I have multiple smart home devices, I can totally see the potential bright future cryptocurrency has, I really enjoy and am excited by new tech in general... and even I would not be falling over myself to sign up for that whole scanning idea, let alone all the other people out there who look at me like I'm a lunatic for owning an Alexa, haha.

Plus, does it really need to be that precise for everyday clothing? I mean granted I know there is clothing that's specifically fitted to a given person, so maybe in that particular use-case there could be a want for that, but frankly, standard sizes have always worked for me. I look at the design of something, see if I like it. If I do, see if it's in my size. If it is, can I afford it? If I can, I buy it. I feel like even if the whole scanning thing was an option, 99% of people would probably just stick with the system that's worked for everyone thus far. Plus in the case of things that are fitted, fitted clothing is usually much more expensive than something like a shirt or hoodie or whatever, so if you're spending that much on clothing it would probably be in your best interest to go to the location you're buying it from in person and trying it or something similar on anyway to make sure you're making the right decision. I wouldn't fully rely on a 3D avatar of myself to judge whether or not I think it'd look good on me, you can only gauge so much from that.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Plus, does it really need to be that precise for everyday clothing? I mean granted I know there is clothing that's specifically fitted to a given person, so maybe in that particular use-case there could be a want for that, but frankly, standard sizes have always worked for me. I look at the design of something, see if I like it. If I do, see if it's in my size. If it is, can I afford it? If I can, I buy it. I feel like even if the whole scanning thing was an option, 99% of people would probably just stick with the system that's worked for everyone thus far. Plus in the case of things that are fitted, fitted clothing is usually much more expensive than something like a shirt or hoodie or whatever, so if you're spending that much on clothing it would probably be in your best interest to go to the location you're buying it from in person and trying it or something similar on anyway to make sure you're making the right decision. I wouldn't fully rely on a 3D avatar of myself to judge whether or not I think it'd look good on me, you can only gauge so much from that.

You see, here is the thing. People are lazy, busy and cheap. We default to the minimum possible effort, expense options available to us, even if they aren't always the most effective solutions, or may result in excess wastes or costs that have to be borne by others.

So, in this example, online clothes shopping, what do people do? They buy cheap shit online, and if it doesn't fit or they don't like it, they send it back. Or if they are too lazy to send it back, they keep it and just buy something else. Is it the most EFFECTIVE way to shop, or the most efficient or least wasteful? FUCK NO!

But, it IS the least effort and most immediately gratifying.

If the metaverse and crypto currency can't beat for convenience, a fat middle-aged housewife swiping her smartphone buying shit on credit while she's sitting on the toilet and picking her nose, then it will never replace the current set-up we got going.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

And again, the whole 3D avatar thing is irrelevant if I'm buying something more mundane like a toaster or whatever. 

I mean, sure.

But also, why does it always have to be crypto-currency? Why can people not use our regular creditcards in all these prophesised online utopias? Are the crypto-bros SO far into the kool-aid that they think crypto is literally going to replace all currency online, forever, fullstop at some point?

What are Mastercard and Visa going to say about that? Or ANY regular bank or corporation for that matter? Or the US government, or anyone else not up to their NECK in crypto "investing"? Guaranteed, when cryptocurrency replaces real dollars, there will only be ONE and it will be controlled by the government. They got the guns, they got the tanks, they got the businesses and they got the banks. If they wanted to make Bitcoin illegal tomorrow they could do it, it's already happened in China.

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

The technology exists today to take a scan of someone and create a measurement-accurate avatar representation of them that's way more accurate than any augmented reality. Importing that avatar into a shopping experience will allow you to check clothing fitment, people want that now and retailers are salivating for it.

Video phone technology has existed for decades, so why do billions of people around the world talk on audio-only phones every single day?  The existence of any technology in itself means absolutely nothing.  You are forgetting about the single most important factor in online shopping: convenience.

Think about it like this: shirts have sizes, and we all pretty much know which shirt sizes we are comfortable wearing and which sizes we are not; well that right there is good enough for 99.99999999% of the online shopping population and has been for going on 30 years.  I don't need to do a full body scan to buy a shirt or any other article of clothing, nevermind the fact that clothing makes up a miniscule percentage of the overall products available for purchase in the online world.

As ol' Stan Lee liked to say: 'nuff said!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

LOL!!!

I always knew you were pretty far out of touch with the real lives of actual human beings dude, but you are INSANE if you think that full-body scanning is ever going to be accepted by even more than 1 PERCENT of the general populace, let ALONE become the backbone of the fuggin future economy! 🤣

Accepted? Retailers are salivating at the thought of adopting this.

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

Thats what makes code monkeys ready player one fantasy so ridiculous

I think you mean Ready Player Me....... a company that just raised $13,000,000 in their Series A to build software that generates avatars.

38 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Video phone technology has existed for decades, so why do billions of people around the world talk on audio-only phones every single day?  The existence of any technology in itself means absolutely nothing.  You are forgetting about the single most important factor in online shopping: convenience.

Think about it like this: shirts have sizes, and we all pretty much know which shirt sizes we are comfortable wearing and which sizes we are not; well that right there is good enough for 99.99999999% of the online shopping population and has been for going on 30 years.  I don't need to do a full body scan to buy a shirt or any other article of clothing, nevermind the fact that clothing makes up a miniscule percentage of the overall products available for purchase in the online world.

As ol' Stan Lee liked to say: 'nuff said!

I don't want to talk on video with anyone for a casual phone call, do you? I certainly don't want to do that while driving in my car so it makes sense to do audio only most of the time. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I don't want to talk on video with anyone for a casual phone call, do you? I certainly don't want to do that while driving in my car so it makes sense to do audio only most of the time. 

I don't want to do a full body scan to buy a T shirt; do you?  I certainly don't want to do that while sitting in my boxers in front of my pc, so it makes sense to just use my credit card and a couple of mouse clicks most of the time... 😉

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I don't want to do a full body scan to buy a T shirt; do you?  I certainly don't want to do that while sitting in my boxers in front of my pc, so it makes sense to just use my credit card and a couple of mouse clicks most of the time... 😉

Almost every t-shirt I own is custom made so yes, yes I do. And so do millions of other people according to how busy Amazon is with it: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HPZ3RHR.

• Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Code Monkey said:

Almost every t-shirt I own is custom made so yes, yes I do. And so do millions of other people according to how busy Amazon is with it: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HPZ3RHR.

If your T-shirts are all custom made, then I'm afraid we already live on different planets, even before you bring NFT's and full body scans into the conversation...

• Haha 5
  • Agree 1

Accepted? Retailers are salivating at the thought of adopting this.

Retailers are salivating at the thought of paying developers tens of millions of dollars (minimum) to create virtual storefronts and 100% accurate 3D models of EVERY single product they sell, down to the ELASTICITY OF THE FUGGIN FABRIC, so that a TINY fraction of their customer base who could even AFFORD to run a VR rig with the power necessary to access the storefront can try on clothes based on a recently scanned 3D rendering of their body?

The metaverse looks like what you get when you cross the Sims with a powerpoint presentation. I have never SEEN a more mundane, uninteresting and unimaginative vision of the future. No wonder it appeals to you.

How many of these 3D scanners are there? Where will they be stationed? How much will it cost to do? How often do I need to get my body re-scanned? How long will the lines be before you get your turn in the scanner? How big will the file be of my body, how will I store it and upload it into my computer? Will the guy in there before me wipe the fucking SEAT down before I plop MY naked ass into the scanner?

Can you not think beyond your own IMMEDIATE situation to see how ridiculous this technology would be to implement on the mass scale you are talking about? You are one, VERY privilaged and VERY small minded person in an ENTIRE WORLD full of people who are nothing like you. If you are betting big on this technology, that's your business, but please be aware that most people are just NOT into it the way you are dude.

• Agree 2

Just now, OptOut said:

How many of these 3D scanners are there? Where will they be stationed? How much will it cost to do? How often do I need to get my body re-scanned? How long will the lines be before you get your turn in the scanner? How big will the file be of my body, how will I store it and upload it into my computer? Will the guy in there before me wipe the fucking SEAT down before I plop MY naked ass into the scanner?

Can you not think beyond your own IMMEDIATE situation to see how ridiculous this technology would be to implement on the mass scale you are talking about? You are one, VERY privilaged and VERY small minded person in an ENTIRE WORLD full of people who are nothing like you. If you are betting big on this technology, that's your business, but please be aware that most people are just NOT into it the way you are dude.

Scan as often as you want.

No lines.

You don't upload it to your computer, the avatar exists on your cloud account.

It's not a closed environment with a seat and you're not naked. Leave your clothes on and get scanned out in the open. Go check out Ready Player Me.

1 minute ago, Code Monkey said:

No lines.

It's not a closed environment with a seat and you're not naked. Leave your clothes on and get scanned out in the open. Go check out Ready Player Me.

How do I get scanned? What is scanning me, what is the device or interface required to scan?

No lines.

image.png.e75c592ac518542234adfead62ee8d79.png

Oh right. So it's like a Mii. Got it.

Glad we have the metaverse to do what Nintendo was doing on Wii Sports back in 2006. 🙄

Events Team · Posted
12 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

To be fair, even going under the assumption what you said isn't complete hyperbole, even "millions" of other people isn't really that many when you consider the grand scheme of how many people are currently alive on this planet, let alone the amount of people that'll be alive by the time this idea of an avatar going around a virtual storefront would even be implemented on a wide scale, and actually be accepted and not heavily critiqued and criticized for a wide variety of reasons.

I won't sit here and belittle your own likes and interests, you do you, but I don't personally think your view on this matter is representative of what the majority of people would actually want, let alone use or widely accept. If you want that kind of a future or think that's what the future will be like, sure dude, we've all got different visions for what the future may or may not look like, but realistically I really don't think many people share your vision here, regardless of how much businesses are apparently starry-eyed at the thought of this (even though this is the first I've personally heard of this idea.)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1