IGNORED

The hills are alive...

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

... With the sound of MP3s!

The forum has been updated to allow for the upload of MP3 files; they should play right there in the browser, rather than previously where they'd just be a download. This will allow for people to add little music files if needs be; I know it's kind of a niche use on this forum, but now it's there should anybody need it!

Like magic!

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

The forum has been updated to allow for the upload of MP3 files; they should play right there in the browser, rather than previously where they'd just be a download. This will allow for people to add little music files if needs be; I know it's kind of a niche use on this forum, but now it's there should anybody need it!

Like magic!

Is there any risk to the website if people upload MP3s of copyrighted songs?

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, TDIRunner said:

Is there any risk to the website if people upload MP3s of copyrighted songs?

I believe the risk there would be that we'd be required to remove it. We're pretty clearly not a music streaming/sharing/stealing service.

It's not unusual for a forum to allow you to upload audio files in general, it's about being realistic with your expectations. If you start storing copywritten anything on your site it's like to be taken down. Consider for instance that someone COULD copy-paste the entirety of The Lord of the Rings onto the forum; yeah we'd take that down.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gloves said:

Hm, yeah, interesting. Thanks for pointing it out!

It’s probably displaying as an inline-block.

17 hours ago, CasualCart said:

Let's - a - Goooo!

-CasualCart

I wasn’t aware I was going to hear Mario climax today. But it was beautiful… ah nature.

…

but why was Luigi there too?

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

Social Team · Posted
On 12/7/2021 at 10:17 AM, Gloves said:

Like magic!

Plotting The Simpsons GIF