IGNORED

Is anyone else obsessed with Twitch?

ookii_risu

I used to never enjoy watching other people play games, but over the past year or two I've found myself spending quite a bit of time watching streamers on Twitch. I'm not exactly sure what the draw is. Sometimes I feel too tired to play anything, but I choose to watch Twitch instead of regular TV.

A couple of streamers I really like:

Arcus - Laid back dude with a cowboy hat and handlebar mustache. He is a NES-only speedrunner. He holds the extremely impressive world record for Ninja Gaiden. www.twitch.tv/arcus

Ryukahr - One of the handful of Mario streamers I watch. He plays Mario Maker 2 and different SMW hacks. He has a pretty large following on Youtube as well. I enjoy his videos on there. www.twitch.tv/ryukahr

BarbarousKing - He plays Mario Maker 2 in the morning through the afternoon and then something different in the evening. He's a d**ckhead to his chat, which I love. www.twitch.tv/barbarousking

Do any of you watch Twitch? Who are your favorite streamers?

I love watching Kitboga's scambaiting streams. Absolutely hilarious. His youtube videos are an acceptable alternative to watching live, but seeing the chat freak out is always fun.

If you like watching Mario Maker 2 content, check out Thabeast721. I'm a bit biased 'cause he's a friend of mine, but he's really one of the best out there. They've been running a Mario Maker 2 competition and he's playing against lil kirbs in the grand finals this saturday on twitch.tv/speedrun. I think most people follow him for the crazy kaizo levels but lately I've gotten the most entertainment from multiplayer co-op and versus.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alder said:

I love watching Kitboga's scambaiting streams. Absolutely hilarious. His youtube videos are an acceptable alternative to watching live, but seeing the chat freak out is always fun.

If you like watching Mario Maker 2 content, check out Thabeast721. I'm a bit biased 'cause he's a friend of mine, but he's really one of the best out there. They've been running a Mario Maker 2 competition and he's playing against lil kirbs in the grand finals this saturday on twitch.tv/speedrun. I think most people follow him for the crazy kaizo levels but lately I've gotten the most entertainment from multiplayer co-op and versus.

Oh yeah, I like thab! He is definitely one of the best players I've seen. I like watching him for the kaizo levels, but I agree it's fun when the streamers get together for the co-op, bros vs. toads, etc. It's cool that you're friends with him.

I love Twitch.  Most recently, Ive been watching twitch.tv/Pessimism.  He is a Resident Evil speedrunner, and you may have seen him do some runs on GDQ.  His stream and the entire RE speedrun community has been so welcoming to me and many other people.  I started to learn RE speedruns and RE randomizer runs as well, and I occasionally stream those things, though I don't want to plug my stream, so I will leave the link info out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, arnpoly said:

I'm just the opposite ... I love the DW Randomizer races.  As well as playing DW Randomizer! 🙂

It seems really fun to play. Have you faced off against NESCard?

7 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I sometimes put on Arcus in the background. I think it's amazing how well he plays while interacting with chat. I know he does it all day every day, but still can't comprehend it. I also like his little verbal mnemonic ways he memorizes segments (Jumpin' and a punchin', mashmashmash)

Haha, I ended up subbing to him because I loved hearing "mashmashmash" and such. I tend to lurk on Arcus' stream and have him on in the background when he's grinding away at a game. Yeah, it amazes me, too, how streamers can concentrate on a game and still engage with the audience. There's no way I could do that.

Yes, I watch a lot of Twitch. I'm a big fan of Arcus. I also enjoy Nescard when he's playing something besides Dragon Warrior.

A few of my other faves:

Yelsraek - He's the Marble Madness world record holder. I I was there when he finally got 2:40.

Mike Matei - He's like the real life AVGN.

RetroGamingLiveTV - Various retro stuff.

I'm a huge Tetris nerd and I watch a lot of the player streams such as Jonas Neubauer, Harry Hong, Joseph Saelee as well as CTWC streams.

Toad22484 - Amusing speedrunner with a quirky sense of humor who plays a lot of retro. He once spent hours and hours grinding for a pink tail in Final Fantasy IV and then let out a huge scream when he finally got it. It was great.

Jay_Cee - Another speedrunner who's got a nice sense of humor. He was constantly playing Super Castlevania IV but he's moved on to Super Ghouls n Ghosts. Check him out.

The Mexican Runner was a favorite but he's abandoned Twitch for Facebook. I have zero interest in Facebook.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ookii_risu said:

I used to never enjoy watching other people play games, but over the past year or two I've found myself spending quite a bit of time watching streamers on Twitch. I'm not exactly sure what the draw is. Sometimes I feel too tired to play anything, but I choose to watch Twitch instead of regular TV.

A couple of streamers I really like:

Arcus - Laid back dude with a cowboy hat and handlebar mustache. He is a NES-only speedrunner. He holds the extremely impressive world record for Ninja Gaiden. www.twitch.tv/arcus

Ryukahr - One of the handful of Mario streamers I watch. He plays Mario Maker 2 and different SMW hacks. He has a pretty large following on Youtube as well. I enjoy his videos on there. www.twitch.tv/ryukahr

BarbarousKing - He plays Mario Maker 2 in the morning through the afternoon and then something different in the evening. He's a d**ckhead to his chat, which I love. www.twitch.tv/barbarousking

Do any of you watch Twitch? Who are your favorite streamers?

I got into it after watching AGDQ and usually try to tune in for those big events. I also enjoy watching Arcus occasionally, but I've found streamers tend to get annoying after a bit. The more successful ones and others just chasing the dream seem to be constantly playing a character, which is not what I'm looking for. I've also just gotten busier with life and try to play games rather than watch them in the few spare minutes I get a day.

I occasionally stream Jackbox Party Pack on my Xbox so my family and friends can join us for a long distance game night and that's a blast. In fact, maybe I'll advertise it here next time so some community members can jump in. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Yes, I watch a lot of Twitch. I'm a big fan of Arcus. I also enjoy Nescard when he's playing something besides Dragon Warrior.

A few of my other faves:

Yelsraek - He's the Marble Madness world record holder. I I was there when he finally got 2:40.

Mike Matei - He's like the real life AVGN.

RetroGamingLiveTV - Various retro stuff.

I'm a huge Tetris nerd and I watch a lot of the player streams such as Jonas Neubauer, Harry Hong, Joseph Saelee as well as CTWC streams.

Toad22484 - Amusing speedrunner with a quirky sense of humor who plays a lot of retro. He once spent hours and hours grinding for a pink tail in Final Fantasy IV and then let out a huge scream when he finally got it. It was great.

Jay_Cee - Another speedrunner who's got a nice sense of humor. He was constantly playing Super Castlevania IV but he's moved on to Super Ghouls n Ghosts. Check him out.

The Mexican Runner was a favorite but he's abandoned Twitch for Facebook. I have zero interest in Facebook.

I've seen Toad. I didn't like watching him because of his mic issues, but I might stop back again.

Jay_Cee is great. His castlevania runs are amazing!

I'll be sure to check out those other streamers you mentioned. I did watch TMR just a little bit. I wish him the best, but I don't know about watching him on Facebook. Kinda weird.

8 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I got into it after watching AGDQ and usually try to tune in for those big events. I also enjoy watching Arcus occasionally, but I've found streamers tend to get annoying after a bit. The more successful ones and others just chasing the dream seem to be constantly playing a character, which is not what I'm looking for. I've also just gotten busier with life and try to play games rather than watch them in the few spare minutes I get a day.

I occasionally stream Jackbox Party Pack on my Xbox so my family and friends can join us for a long distance game night and that's a blast. In fact, maybe I'll advertise it here next time so some community members can jump in. 

I think the Mario streamers and Arcus are pretty down-to-earth and don't hype everything up, but I know what you mean. I tend to stay away from streams like that, especially the ones begging for money.

Nice, I'll check out your stream if you advertise 🙂

For those not into twitch finding the right "shows" makes a huge difference.  I can't watch people do a blind playthrough of a game either.  A few recommendations are below.

Brossentia hosts Kusogrande.  It's a bad video game tournament.  1 hour mystery game matches between two competitors.  Brossentia and the GM(game selector) on commentary.

Spikevegeta and Jhobz do speedrun Underground.  It's a weekly speedrun showcase. 2 speedrunners race while Spike/Jhobz commentate.  You learn a lot about the game and run while having a good time. Donated bits go to a prize pool for the contestants.

You can't forget the Super Bowl of speedrunning, GDQ.  Always fun to catch that.

Edited by zeppelin03