IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - P.O.W.

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Hello and welcome, players!
Be prepared, for this week you will have to rely on your fists, feet, knifes and machine guns to make through P.O.W.!

This week will decide who will claim the crown to the Beat 'em up genre, proving they are the best bare hand fighter at VGS!
@mbd39 currently leads the Beat 'em up scoreboard, with 23 points. Right behind him we have @NESfiend with 22 points, Krunch is creeping really close to both of them with 21 points.
The three of them are the only ones with a chance to claim the title!

So, without further ado, here's the rules

• Play until Game Over
  • No point racking
  • If you score less than 20,000 points, be ready to take your picture at the Game Over screen (it doesn’t stay up long)
  • If you score more than 20,000 points, start a new game to get your score
  • Each extra life remaining after beating the game adds 5000 points to your score.
  • Highest score wins
  • GENRE: Beat ‘Em Up

11_POW_Sage.png.a7675ce5fa5100d9c40a98e7

The contest ends Sunday, 10/10/21 at midnight Brasilia time. Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1st mbd39 275,800
2nd Bearcat-Doug 260,700
3rd Richardhead 260,200
4th 8bitdontquit 133,200
5th NESfiend 89,900
6th PII 29,000
7th Dr. Morbis 23,500
8th Krunch 18,700
9th the_wizard_666 18,000
10th 0xDEAFC0DE 16,600
11th docile tapeworm 5,800
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Updated my score for you Doug. Can you please tell me how good a score that is and that I’ve got this in the bag, before you squeak out a better score later this week? 

I really am done since I probably won't get any more time to play this week. I finished it, so that's good enough for me this time.

• Haha 1