IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - P.O.W.

BeaIank

40 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I wouldn't mind giving it another shot, but there's no way I'm clearing it with 8 lives. It turned out to be a fun game.

I like this one because you can't mostly mash your way to victory as you can with some beat em ups. The game keeps you on your toes.

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It plays kind of like Ikari Warriors III. It's a fun game too.

Oh yeah we played that in the contests a couple years ago. I thought at the time that it's like an inferior top down POW, both SNK games.

Edited by mbd39

4 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Same here. They both play a lot alike. This one is a bit tougher though.

Unfortunately top down perspective isn't great for beat em ups which is why there hasn't been a lot of them. I can only think of Ikari Warriors III and maybe Kung Fu Heroes,.

23 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Unfortunately top down perspective isn't great for beat em ups which is why there hasn't been a lot of them. I can only think of Ikari Warriors III and maybe Kung Fu Heroes,.

True. I tried playing Kung Fu Heroes a while back for the NES completion thread and I didn't care for it.

• The topic was unpinned
On 10/10/2021 at 5:06 PM, NESfiend said:

Im still traveling back from family reunion. Saw plenty of the title screen, but every time I tried to sneak off and play I got caught. Shitty timing for a week that matters in the contest, but I never would have caught Michael and I think he had tie breaker anyway. 

Will probably get a run or two in tonight, but Michael is definitely safe to put the crown on

You actually had a shot at the beat em up up title. Neither of us had any category wins so your one win in POW would've been the tie breaker.

12 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I could have won that week but I came in second to Doug. POW was my only beat em up win this season.

I should have made a better POW showing, but even with my best effort, I wouldn't have been in your league on it. Had I pulled the miracle somehow, it would have been a crappy win with my beat em up win coming in a 6 or 7 way tie. Your dd second place is a lot more impressive than that.  

The right guy won the category. Now get over to that pro am thread and get to racin. Time to go fast