IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - P.O.W.

BeaIank

6 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

i got zero trust i make it out of the first round. pick a whaaaamicom puzzle game against me and im dead.

That's what will probably happen to me since I can't finish in the top 8 so I can pick the game. I don't really know much about Famicom games anyway so it probably wouldn't matter.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

im excited to play galaga. im not very good. i think 200-300k is my best.

I wouldn't worry too much about performing well in Galaga, little feller, it looks like there's already a new shooter champ ridin' into town, and I've got a feelin' he's gonna be here for a while........  😉

Enjoy your past glory while you can... they are some beautiful memories! 😛

(Maybe next year 😛😛 )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I wouldn't worry too much about performing well in Galaga, little feller, it looks like there's already a new shooter champ ridin' into town, and I've got a feelin' he's gonna be here for a while........  😉

Enjoy your past glory while you can... they are some beautiful memories! 😛

(Maybe next year 😛😛 )

😄 🎶glory days🎶 ive won it twice and tied another. pretty good memories indeed 😊

2nd, 4th and 4th 😕 ugly stat line for you. 

i actually won one of the shooter weeks. and have finished higher than you both times i participated. 

maybe i can get good at galaga and make it interesting. careful your normal tact of less than full effort might be a bad idea 😁

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

maybe i can get good at galaga and make it interesting. careful your normal tact of less than full effort might be a bad idea 😁

My tactic isn't "less than full effort," it's "do enough to git'r dun."  ....Kind of like how I dealt with last week to win the arcade category.  But just have a little patience; I've gotta deal with winning the Action genre next week before I can get down to business with you in the Shooter genre a few weeks down the road...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NESfiend said:

That game was actually really freaking fun too. Easily my favorite in the shooter cat since recca

its a helicopter and a jeep? i played it once for a few moments but it didnt grab me ......huh huh you said grab me...

i still have the cart. dang. i should have played that week. morbius wouldnt be singing mr blue bird right now if i had!

12 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

My tactic isn't "less than full effort," it's "do enough to git'r dun."  ....Kind of like how I dealt with last week to win the arcade category.  But just have a little patience; I've gotta deal with winning the Action genre next week before I can get down to business with you in the Shooter genre a few weeks down the road...

I don't know how you were able to resist the fun of playing all 30 levels. 

2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

its a helicopter and a jeep? i played it once for a few moments but it didnt grab me ......huh huh you said grab me...

i still have the cart. dang. i should have played that week. morbius wouldnt be singing mr blue bird right now if i had!

Did you play with the helicopter or the jeep? It's better with the jeep.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I think it may be easier with the jeep, but I played heli cause its more fun. Shooter fan like skinny will want to go to heli for sure

I like the mix of platforming and shooting with the jeep. It has kind of a Moon Patrol feel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Are you getting another run in? I can't imagine you not getting the win this week.

I was deathless all the way to the tank last night and then blew it, lol. Yeah I'm gonna keep trying.

This is a fun game but there are so many cheap instant death opportunities as well as cheap hits from enemies (and you don't get much health). Makes it tough to conserve lives.

Edited by mbd39

11 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I was deathless all the way to the tank last night and then blew it, lol. Yeah I'm gonna keep trying.

This is a fun game but there are so many cheap instant death opportunities as well as cheap hits from enemies (and you don't get much health). Makes it tough to conserve lives.

That's the same problem I had. I lost two lives at the end that were stupid or my score would have been 10k points higher. I doubt that I'll get to play any over the weekend, but I probably could get a better run in with more time. 

Edited by Bearcat-Doug