IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - P.O.W.

BeaIank

12 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

i still have the cart. dang. i should have played that week. morbius wouldnt be singing mr blue bird right now if i had!

You said the regular season stuff was meaningless so what do you care?!?  Fuck the nine solid months of fun NES competition; all that matters is the arbitrary titles chosen for that little two week tourney after the season's over, remember... 😒

You're even purposely not putting up scores for multiple weeks to try and drop in the rankings for a little one-off competition at the end... 😕

I absolutely do not understand your viewpoint on this weekly NES competition, but hey, to each his own, I guess.  As long as you're having fun.......    😬

I'll just be over here having fun week in and week out posting scores and winning the overall season and almost half the genres while you hold out for that long-shot "fakicom" tourney victory in December.....  😜

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

You said the regular season stuff was meaningless so what do you care?!?  Fuck the nine solid months of fun NES competition; all that matters is the arbitrary titles chosen for that little two week tourney after the season's over, remember... 😒

You're even purposely not putting up scores for multiple weeks to try and drop in the rankings for a little one-off competition at the end... 😕

I absolutely do not understand your viewpoint on this weekly NES competition, but hey, to each his own, I guess.  As long as you're having fun.......    😬

I'll just be over here having fun week in and week out posting scores and winning the overall season and almost half the genres while you hold out for that long-shot "fakicom" tourney victory in December.....  😜

the shooter title is still meaningful to me though.

im not purposely dropping i just put that spin on it.

i do enjoy the weekly contest. i have for years now. i just dont have time to participate like i used to.

i have little to no chance in the fakicom tourney lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, docile tapeworm said:

the shooter title is still meaningful to me though.

...And the Regular Season Title is meaningful to me... 😛  You've gotta learn not to shit on other people's priorities... 😉

Man, if I had a nickle for every time you posted in the last 8 months that the regular season was pointless......

Perspective.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

...And the Regular Season Title is meaningful to me... 😛  You've gotta learn not to shit on other people's priorities... 😉

Man, if I had a nickle for every time you posted in the last 8 months that the regular season was pointless......

Perspective.

the regular season is pointless though.

you ask me what do i care. well, i care about the shooter title. i still dont care about regular season though.

a genre title is more meaningful and the shooter title is the most meaningful behind tourney champ

Edited by docile tapeworm

2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

the regular season is pointless though.

you ask me what do i care. well, i care about the shooter title. i still dont care about regular season though.

a genre title is more meaningful and the shooter title is the most meaningful behind tourney champ

With the current playoff format, the regular season standings are no longer pointless, even for curmudgeons like you.

You say the shooter title is meaningful to you but you can't even be arsed to play all four games?  I don't judge based on what people say, but on what they do... 😉

And think about this: I'm going to win your coveted shooter title without ever winning a game in the category.  Like you already mentioned, I'll be 2nd, 4th, 4th, and whatever I get in Galaga (I need 5th or better for a guaranteed victory), and yet the genre titles are somehow more meaningful than the regular season as a whole?!?  Your logic makes no sense to me: both titles follow the exact same rules.  You're going to respect me as the "Shooter Champ" for coming in 2nd, 4th, 4th, and 5th?  WTF is that?

You can pick and choose what's more meaningful to you, and that's fine, but think about this: coming in first in shooters requires averaging 4th four times - coming in first in the regular season requires averaging a high placing all year.  Compared to that, your coveted Shooter title doesn't mean shit!!!!!!! 😛

The_More_You_Know.jpg

Edited by Dr. Morbis

@Dr. Morbis you only have a chance at wining the shoter crown with 2nd, 4th, 4th and 5th because didnt play silk worm and bert didnt play gradius 2. so ill respect you if you win it? yes, but its not a pretty win at all.

its not that i cant be "arsed" to play. i got life stuff too. and sometimes playing a nintendo game couldnt be further down the list of stuff that needs to get done 🙂 plus im not a natural, i gotta grind on a game im not familiar with. i gone toe to toe with wampson on alpha mission before and gradius 2 came easier because i am familiar with the first game.

morphius. your really good at playing nintender tapes 💪🏻 

just not as good as me!!!! hahaaaaaa!!!

overall leader is a paper champ! shooter crown rules all!!!!!

• Wow! 1

11 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Perspective.

As a former regular season champion, I definitely think maintaining that level of consistency over a full season is a far more impressive accomplishment than winning a three week tournament where luck of the draw is a major benefit.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

As a former regular season champion, I definitely think maintaining that level of consistency over a full season is a far more impressive accomplishment than winning a three week tournament where luck of the draw is a major benefit.

@Dr. Morbis ya c'mon im dense but i guess it takes a little skill (mostly longevity) to achive a first place overall. 

12 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Dr. Morbis

Its not that i cant be "arsed" to play. i got life stuff too. and sometimes playing a nintendo game couldnt be further down the list of stuff that needs to get done 🙂 

Look at your post count: if you spent one tenth the time playing that you spend posting on VGS, we wouldn't be having this conversation... 😉

I'm gonna win your shooter crown next year too...  try and stop me!  😛

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I posted my real score already. Thought I might have had an early week win too. Well played Doug.

I'd be shocked if @mbd39 doesn't post another score. You actually have a better score than me, I just had one more extra life.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'd be shocked if @mbd39 doesn't post another score. You actually have a better score than me, I just had one more extra life.

I'm trying but I can't get a good run going without fucking up.

I don't like how certain enemies will randomly throw jump kicks while you're attacking them with no seeming way to avoid it. Like those knife guys in the first cave in level 3. It just seems down to luck. Hope to get a good pattern where they don't kick. It wouldn't be so bad if you got more health but health is so damn limited in this game. That enemies will randomly be aggressive or not is annoying and results in cheap deaths.

The lasers are a problem spot for me as well. I hate them. And then the tank and the final boss. There is a strat where you  kick the final boss as soon as he lands from a jump but I haven't got the timing down. You can also kick him as he's running toward you but sometimes he'll get in an attack first and do a lot of damage.

Edited by mbd39

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

I'm trying but I can't get a good run going without fucking up.

I don't like how certain enemies will randomly throw jump kicks while you're attacking them with no seeming way to avoid it. Like those knife guys in the first cave in level 3. It just seems down to luck. Hope to get a good pattern where they don't kick. It wouldn't be so bad if you got more health but health is so damn limited in this game. That enemies will randomly be aggressive or not is annoying and results in cheap deaths.

The lasers are a problem spot for me as well. I hate them. And then the tank and the final boss. There is a strat where you  kick the final boss as soon as he lands from a jump but I haven't got the timing down. You can also kick him as he's running toward you but sometimes he'll get in an attack first and do a lot of damage.

I had two cheap deaths at the end of my run. I might be able do a little better if I had time, but I couldn't guarantee it.