IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

Let's be clear though, this is a 9.6 A+, and you're comparing to a 9.8 A++. I'd personally say that Wata can't be trusted to know the difference between the two, however to say that the value of the 9.8 A++ is lesser because an ostensibly lower condition copy is being sold for less is not apples to apples.

Yep, grade and seal differences do not correlate in prices. You get it.

On the other hand, another 9.8 A++ went for 800K. So putting everything together, that 1.5M Mario is definitely something weird/insane/headscratch.

• Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
Just now, GPX said:

On the other hand, another 9.8 A++ went for 800K. So putting everything together, that 1.5M Mario is definitely something weird/insane/headscratch.

Yep, in that other case, the equal copy being basically half is... well kinda hilarious IMO

1 minute ago, GPX said:

It was the first 9.8 SM 64 up for auction.  Usually the first highest grade hammers the highest price than it goes downhill from there as other copies are auctioned off.

9 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Let's be clear though, this is a 9.6 A+, and you're comparing to a 9.8 A++. I'd personally say that Wata can't be trusted to know the difference between the two, however to say that the value of the 9.8 A++ is lesser because an ostensibly lower condition copy is being sold for less is not apples to apples.

The 9.6 that sold tonight was also an A++ seal.

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Dumars2001 said:

The 9.6 that sold tonight was also an A++ seal.

But not a 9.8!

Jus' sayin'.

Just to make sure I'm clear though - I'm with you; I find the whole thing hilarious.

On the other hand, I'm not rich. These people don't give two shits what I think.

• Agree 1

Also surprised with the SNES Legend of Zelda WATA 9.4 that sold for $36k. The 9.2 from the last auction sold for $100k. Someone on Facebook commented that he bought a VGA 85 (or 80) on ebay for roughly the same price as the 9.4 and even mentioned he would go as high as 60k to bid. Looks like he got lucky..

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Caliboy24 said:

It was the first 9.8 SM 64 up for auction.  Usually the first highest grade hammers the highest price than it goes downhill from there as other copies are auctioned off.

Yeah but...that still doesn’t justify the insanity of it going so much more than any 1+ year collectors would predict. Considering past sales and how much more we can predict will come out in the future. 

My view is that we shouldn’t make fun of that 1.5M price. It has likely served its purpose in guaranteeing any future Mario 64 9.8A++ be above the 500K range, and Mario 64 9.6A+ above the 100K range. No matter what prices we all see, there is that psychological feel that “these are all bargains”. 

27 minutes ago, Dumars2001 said:

Well the higher Sonic 9.6 underselling the 9.4 that sold for $438,000 just a little over month ago by $126,000 is pretty brutal! 

They were different prints, apparently. I am not up on the Sonic 1 prints, but it seems the $438k one was actually the first print, this one was more like third print.

37 minutes ago, Dumars2001 said:

Well the higher Sonic 9.6 underselling the 9.4 that sold for $438,000 just a little over month ago by $126,000 is pretty brutal! 

Figured this would happen. That 9.4 went for too high, it was the result of none having come up for a long while and some guy with unlimited pockets jumping in. That is still a very strong price for a sealed Sonic. 

• Agree 2

Just now, ExplodedHamster said:

Figured this would happen. That 9.4 went for too high, it was the result of none having come up for a long while and some guy with unlimited pockets jumping in. That is still a very strong price for a sealed Sonic. 

It's because no one knows the like 12 different prints for this game. 

BTW did you get sparkster? That one seems right up your alley 😄 I was gonna bid on it but hesitated too long and pushed the bid button like one second after it got cut off.

8 minutes ago, AnimalHouse said:

When did Wata start grading PS4 games? I can't find it on there website but on HA, theres a graded Fortnite. 

I believe it was accidentally open a few hours, someone saw it and submitted, then WATA said they'd grade if the submitter promised not to sell any. 

We see how that turned out lol. 

1 minute ago, tidaldreams said:

Apparently they accepted PS4 and XBONE games for a few hours last year.

Strange, I didn't find it on there websites submit a game. Must be through HA only. The back of Fortnite reads 08/16/21.

I mean if there going to make this the norm. I have hundreds of sealed copies from each console I wouldn't mind having graded. As long as there is NO Wata employee hair in them! 

1 minute ago, AnimalHouse said:

Strange, I didn't find it on there websites submit a game. Must be through HA only. The back of Fortnite reads 08/16/21.

I mean if there going to make this the norm. I have hundreds of sealed copies from each console I wouldn't mind having graded. As long as there is NO Wata employee hair in them! 

Lol yeah, that's because it was definitely a mistake. Which is why it was only open for a few hours 😅

4 minutes ago, AnimalHouse said:

There are some on Ebay right now and they were on Ebay for a long time before. These were either from those same seller or from someone who bought the game from Ebay and submitted it to HA. 

3 minutes ago, ExplodedHamster said:

There are some on Ebay right now and they were on Ebay for a long time before. These were either from those same seller or from someone who bought the game from Ebay and submitted it to HA. 

Thanks, I will check this out. I wish I got a email that Wata was grading PS4/XB1 games, even if the window was open for a few hours.  Kudos to the pple who got there PS4 games graded. I will wait until Wata is ready or go the CGC route.

58 minutes ago, GPX said:

Yeah but...that still doesn’t justify the insanity of it going so much more than any 1+ year collectors would predict. Considering past sales and how much more we can predict will come out in the future. 

My view is that we shouldn’t make fun of that 1.5M price. It has likely served its purpose in guaranteeing any future Mario 64 9.8A++ be above the 500K range, and Mario 64 9.6A+ above the 100K range. No matter what prices we all see, there is that psychological feel that “these are all bargains”. 

Yeah prices went up too fast too soon, rather than organically going up little by little. I think alot of these record prices paid is due to FOMO or some rich folks just wanting the best of the best only. Waiting for prices to stabilize to see where the market is heading next. 

But still, the video game market is still up a million percent from a few years ago even after this pullback 😆. Future still looking good.

• Like 1