IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

6 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

Video games were opened up and played. Go sit back down Charlie brown.

You don’t represent the entire world though. 10-year old Gulag Joe might have done the gamer thing - opening up them boxes. Meanwhile, around the same time, collectors kept them sealed, unplayed, planning their assault in 2021 on HA/GA...

1 hour ago, AdamW said:

was anyone really keeping sealed copies on shelves in 1996/7, though? My rough guess based just on what you see people saying in forums like this and what comes up for sale is that it only started happening in anything like significant amounts somewhere around maybe 2004...

Well there was plenty available in the 2000's for pretty cheap. If you kept them sealed then cha-ching 🤑

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, GPX said:

You don’t represent the entire world though. 10-year old Gulag Joe might have done the gamer thing - opening up them boxes. Meanwhile, around the same time, collectors kept them sealed, unplayed, planning their assault in 2021 on HA/GA...

I'm not following your logic here, are you referring to 10-year old Gulag Joe as some Joe of the past? Based on behavior, I figured present day Gulag Joe was 10 years old.

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, GPX said:

He could be pre-pubescent for all we know..

It's been weeks now and some of you people are still stewing about my comments regarding preservation of comic books being far easier than preservation of sealed video games. I love it!

I'm still blown away that a few of you would open up your mouths as wide as possible to spend $1.5 million on a comic book that had soup made out of its insides but yet go out of your way to demonize and make "fRaUd" videos about a video game selling for the same amount in perfect condition.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gulag Joe said:

It's been weeks now and some of you people are still stewing about my comments regarding preservation of comic books being far easier than preservation of sealed video games. I love it!

I'm still blown away that a few of you would open up your mouths as wide as possible to spend $1.5 million on a comic book that had soup made out of its insides but yet go out of your way to demonize and make "fRaUd" videos about a video game selling for the same amount in perfect condition.

I know this is a hard concept to wrap your head around but actually, the entire site's members don't follow you around to every thread you post in and read every word you write. I have almost no idea what you're talking about with this particular hot take.

I have, however, seen a whole lot of your posts on various different topics and they're always about as juvenile as this one, so I made some assumptions. Hey, for all I know maybe you're just a poorly adjusted 47 year old who never got out of his teenage angst phase, but I've always just assumed you were an actual tween who idolized rich people who can buy sealed vidyas so he white knights for them online hoping to be noticed like an Amouranth subscriber arguing with people on Reddit.

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Khromak said:

I know this is a hard concept to wrap your head around but actually, the entire site's members don't follow you around to every thread you post in and read every word you write. I have almost no idea what you're talking about with this particular hot take.

I have, however, seen a whole lot of your posts on various different topics and they're always about as juvenile as this one, so I made some assumptions. Hey, for all I know maybe you're just a poorly adjusted 47 year old who never got out of his teenage angst phase, but I've always just assumed you were an actual tween who idolized rich people who can buy sealed vidyas so he white knights for them online hoping to be noticed like an Amouranth subscriber arguing with people on Reddit.

This "white knight" is taking the high road. You came at me first and here you are acting like some innocent bystander that didn't take an unwarranted shot at me. In the adult world, we call that projecting.

The problem Joe Gulag is that you are making false assumptions regarding the comic book collecting hobby because you were never in that hobby to learn more about it such as the market, the history, current trends, etc. to get a better idea on why and how comics are valuable and have been part of the collectibles market for years and years. You're putting out a false narrative when it comes to that without doing any research. I wish you well.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1