IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

1 hour ago, AdamW said:

No price before the end of an auction means anything.

IMO it definitely gives at least a some evidence of which auctions owners are trying to pump! I wouldn't say it means nothing. I'd be more careful about trying to bid YOLO FOMO big on any auction that's already been pumped up a lot before the live, because you're likely bidding against people trying to protect/pump a price (as if you're not in the lives, but still).

But that SM64 shot up like what, over a million dollars in the live, lol. In determining the end price it certainly means absolutely nothing.

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

IMO it definitely gives at least a some evidence of which auctions owners are trying to pump! I wouldn't say it means nothing. I'd be more careful about trying to bid YOLO FOMO big on any auction that's already been pumped up a lot before the live, because you're likely bidding against people trying to protect/pump a price (as if you're not in the lives, but still).

So... You're saying that now is a good time to buy?! 😅

For those who have been making the “market manipulation” comments or insinuating fake sales, here is the buyer for the massive Sonic 1 sale, Shyne. He is the biggest card collector in the world and beyond loaded.

What’s happened is a number of these guys have jumped in behind the scenes. I personally know of a few who have asked not to be identified. 

Glad one has finally come public.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVlsCxUMmr1/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by ExplodedHamster
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ExplodedHamster said:

For those who have been making the “market manipulation” comments or insinuating fake sales, here is the buyer for the massive Sonic 1 sale, Shyne. He is the biggest card collector in the world and beyond loaded.

What’s happened is a number of these guys have jumped in behind the scenes. I personally know of a few who have asked not to be identified. 

People are still parroting this (not including Reddit, they'll bash sealed/graded games until kingdom come)? I think most other people use it in an ironic sense. 

Ugh, I really hate the way that seal is folding down at the top of the 9.4 Sonic, really distractingly ugly IMO.

Screenshot_2021-10-29-10-30-52-97_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.81b33538c593214db2813a310594eb8a.jpg

Apart from the rarity of finding a sealed Sonic 1, I wonder how likely this game is to hold its value if a few other similar graded copies hit the scene? 

Personally I think this one was overpriced because it was the only one, it's in a super precarious position if more surface IMO.

6 hours ago, OptOut said:

Ugh, I really hate the way that seal is folding down at the top of the 9.4 Sonic, really distractingly ugly IMO.

Screenshot_2021-10-29-10-30-52-97_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.81b33538c593214db2813a310594eb8a.jpg

That's factory issued, not a flaw.  I sold a 85+ Golden Axe 2 a couple years ago with same flaw.  It was even more severe with how much the tube top opening showed on the face of the game.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, ExplodedHamster said:

Thanks for sharing that information. Good to know that another one of these high end sales is legit.

Should have known it would be a "Whale" sports card collector who won/paid for that 9.4 Sonic first print, considering that it was being sold on Goldin Auctions, who just happens to be the the biggest sports card auctioneers in the industry. (Goldin has sold more than $500 million worth of sports collectibles this year, a record for the company, and has emerged as the leading auction house in an exploding market.)

No wonder why that Kobe, Double Dribble and other sports titles went for so high. Everybody better get your sports titles now(sports card collectors are coming aboard the video game hobby, just like comic collectors a couple of years ago) before it is too late, lol! We are already seeing sports titles go way up. 

Edited by Dumars2001
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Dumars2001 said:

Thanks for sharing that information. Good to know that another one of these high end sales is legit.

Should have known it would be a "Whale" sports card collector who won/paid for that 9.4 Sonic first print, considering that it was being sold on Goldin Auctions, who just happens to be the the biggest sports card auctioneers in the industry. (Goldin has sold more than $500 million worth of sports collectibles this year, a record for the company, and has emerged as the leading auction house in an exploding market.)

No wonder why that Kobe, Double Dribble and other sports titles went for so high. Everybody better get your sports titles now(sports card collectors are coming aboard the video game hobby, just like comic collectors a couple of years ago) before it is too late, lol! We are already seeing sports titles go way up. 

Keep an eye on graded NBA Jam, Tecmo Bowl, Tecmo Super Bowl, and Jordan vs. Bird sales, and of course graded Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball for snes if one ever does make it to market. A raw Griffey showed up on ebay a month or so ago and only went for $1,000ish but it did have some corner wear. I'd have graded it a 8.5 A. Regardless, the potential for that game is huge and they're very difficult to find.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

Keep an eye on graded NBA Jam, Tecmo Bowl, Tecmo Super Bowl, and Jordan vs. Bird sales, and of course graded Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball for snes if one ever does make it to market. A raw Griffey showed up on ebay a month or so ago and only went for $1,000ish but it did have some corner wear. I'd have graded it a 8.5 A. Regardless, the potential for that game is huge and they're very difficult to find.

I agree with you 100%. You're seeing it happen right now with all the games that you mention above and many other sports titles (Kobe, Madden, Lakers vs Celtics, WWF titles, Tonk Hawk, RBI Baseball, etc.).

I am still saying that a nice copy of a sealed Sega Genesis USA Basketball (the greatest team EVER assembled in sports history) coming to the market, would bring in a ton of money. Another big one would be a high grade SNES Michael Jordan Chaos in the Windy City.

It will be very interesting to see where that Nes first print Track & Field ends tonight on Heritage. (It is at a whopping $25,200 right now)

Edited by Dumars2001
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dumars2001 said:

I agree with you 100%. You're seeing it happen right now with all the games that you mention above and many other sports titles (Kobe, Madden, Lakers vs Celtics, WWF titles, Tonk Hawk, RBI Baseball, etc.).

I am still saying that a nice copy of a sealed Sega Genesis USA Basketball (the greatest team EVER assembled in sports history) coming to the market, would bring in a ton of money. Another big one would be a high grade SNES Michael Jordan Chaos in the Windy City.

I just saw a raw, beat up Lakers Celtics sell for a substantial amount on ebay. I ran a search for that game a few months ago and saw that someone got a nice mint raw copy for like $30!

• Wow! 1

Sports have been up awhile, remember the Madden Genesis CE went for $50k and made the cover of that HA signature catalog.  Even that original Jordan Vs. Bird $6k or $7k raw sale on eBay is probably close to a year old by now. I still think they have plenty of room to run of course, but it's not like they've still been sitting for peanuts as they were for the longest time.

Edited by jonebone
  • Agree 1