IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

8 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

This week's auction was a total 👎 Like where do they even get some of this stuff... those were some of the junkiest pokemon slabs I've seen in a while.

At some point, WATA essentially being shut down with little coming back to customers was going to reflect on the weeklies. 

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

I really wonder who purchases these... and any more news from @karljobst or others regarding HA and WATA?

Screenshot-from-2021-11-11-18-55-56.png

I mean that’s a sealed TM Zelda…it’s the third to be publicly unearthed. VGA’s pop forever was 1. It’s the first to be publicly available in…10-20 years? More?

Edited by ExplodedHamster

On 2/20/2020 at 9:15 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

It will be interesting to see how it affects CIB prices. My sticker seal SMB and TM Zelda didn't come cheap, but it seems like Heritage has a CIB Dr. Wright error Mega Man about once a month. The 7.0 CIB white bullet MTPO is the first one I've seen in a while other than a 5.5 on ebay. 

Are you talking about the first Mega Man? I haven't seen a sealed or CIB Mega Man at Heritage in a long time. I went back and looked, and besides one in July, it's been over half a year since Mega Man (NES) appeared at Heritage in any format. And one of the two prior to six months ago was a sealed 9.4/A+ that went for $144,000.

Edited by RETRO

1 hour ago, ExplodedHamster said:

I mean that’s a sealed TM Zelda…it’s the third to be publicly unearthed. VGA’s pop forever was 1. It’s the first to be publicly available in…10-20 years? More?

Agreed! That particular variant of that particular game in that condition should be worth a lot of money, although I definitely wouldn't be putting 700k into it...

I mean, it's a great game, but it's no Mario 64 is it?! 😅

2 hours ago, avatar! said:

I really wonder who purchases these...

At this point it seems to be an embarrassingly excessive pissing contest within a small group of incredibly rich, incredibly stupid dentists! 😛

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, avatar! said:

I really wonder who purchases these... and any more news from @karljobst or others regarding HA and WATA?

Screenshot-from-2021-11-11-18-55-56.png

At this point I am wondering if the purchase was tied to a group of investors and not just one buyer. I have the video start at the point where I think this might be the case, but who knows at this point?

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, RETRO said:

Are you talking about the first Mega Man? I haven't seen a sealed or CIB Mega Man at Heritage in a long time. I went back and looked, and besides one in July, it's been over half a year since Mega Man (NES) appeared at Heritage in any format. And one of the two prior to six months ago was a sealed 9.4/A+ that went for $144,000.

Back when I posted that in February of 2020, there had been several CIB Mega Man Dr. Wright error variants sold in consecutive auctions. That was over a year and a half ago and I haven't noticed any recently either.

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Back when I posted that in February of 2020, there had been several CIB Mega Man Dr. Wright error variants sold in consecutive auctions. That was over a year and a half ago and I haven't noticed any recently either.

Yikes, sorry Doug, I didn't see the date of your original post. My bad.

19 hours ago, inasuma said:

i'll bite. who had that pop 1? was it bucky? it was probably bucky.

I do not know who owns it, though others do and claim it is never coming to market. I do know it isn’t Bucky. Then there is the 9.4 from the Hawaii collection. I forget that collector’s name, he is old guard.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Yeah, those were all mine. I had been collecting them for a while and sent them to Heritage all at once like an idiot lol. Not too many have come to market since, outside of I think 2 really nice 8.5 CIBs.

1 minute ago, ExplodedHamster said:

Yeah, those were all mine. I had been collecting them for a while and sent them to Heritage all at once like an idiot lol. Not too many have come to market since, outside of I think 2 really nice 8.5 CIBs.

I remember them having two 8.5s back in the summer (I think), but I don't think I've seen one since.

11 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It seems like my 7.0 had a 7.0 box and that was the highest box grade I had seen on a CIB until those two 8.5s came up for sale.

I know there’s a 9.0 still in cello with a Canadian collector from a local find, and I THINK a 9.2, but I could be wrong. Most are gonna be like 6.0.

38 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

Did they ship that to you Double boxed?

I received my last game in a good size box with a lot of bubble wrap. Not double boxed sadly. 

25 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

@tidaldreams stop giving them money.

This is getting easier with more platforms/auction houses selling graded games.

Edited by inasuma

1 hour ago, Gulag Joe said:

Did they ship that to you Double boxed?

No, they generally just use a ton of bubble wrap and packing peanuts. But the legend of mana has what looks to be a knife slice, which obviously happened before shipment (not sure about the Grandia, that probably happened during shipment). I don't even know how that happens, like wtf 🙄

Edited by tidaldreams

18 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

No, they generally just use a ton of bubble wrap and packing peanuts. But the legend of mana has what looks to be a knife slice, which obviously happened before shipment (not sure about the Grandia, that probably happened during shipment). I don't even know how that happens, like wtf 🙄

Wow. Interesting how they don't ship double boxed but if you don't ship your games that you consign to them double boxed, their insurance won't cover it and insinuate that they can choose not to accept your consignment based on that.

• Wow! 1

4 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

Wow. Interesting how they don't ship double boxed but if you don't ship your games that you consign to them double boxed, their insurance won't cover it and insinuate that they can choose not to accept your consignment based on that.

Lol ofc Jim would have that double-standard...

Although, I can imagine if someone sent them something they really wanted, like high-grade Mario/Pokemon/Zelda items, and the WATA case happened to get damaged, they could just eat the cost of getting it reholdered. The reholder cost is pretty minimal, even less that PSA which is super surprising, considering how much bigger their cases are. Hopefully they never jack up the rate...

Edited by tidaldreams