IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - F1-Race (Famicom)

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

The "FMG version" appears to be one of those very common bootleg versions with some tiles changed that were usually seem in markets like Brazil.
From what I have seen here, the only difference is colours and the Nintendo name changed to FMG during the races.

Using that version will be accepted.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mbd39 said:

This is one of the toughest games that I've ever played. It makes Rad Racer look like Fisher Price Racing. Everybody else must be having a similar experience lol.

I finally got through the third race in skill 3 and got maybe halfway through the second lap of race 4 when I choked and rear ended a car on a turn. Starting to feel possible to see the final race. 

The difficulty is misleading though. This is basically a game with 15 levels and we are starting on level 11. In that respect, rad racer 2 would have seemed near impossible if you had started on race 6 or 7. You really have to work your skills up on the earlier levels. 

Is anyone else playing this game besides me rich, and michael? Is @Richardhead  making his 2021 debut to support the racing circuit that @Jeevanis too prissy to  dive into? If so, thanks man!  Wjat does FMG stand for? Did @Bearcat-Dougsell his nes to get money for hooters gift certificates? Is @bertsampsongoing to play for 11 minutes and score 50k? Is @PIIalready through level 5, but holding his score? Is @0xDEAFC0DEresearching the 416 km/h glitch? 

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
14 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Is anyone else playing this game besides me rich, and michael? Is @Richardhead  making his 2021 debut to support the racing circuit that @Jeevanis too prissy to  dive into? If so, thanks man!  Wjat does FMG stand for? Did @Bearcat-Dougsell his nes to get money for hooters gift certificates? Is @bertsampsongoing to play for 11 minutes and score 50k? Is @PIIalready through level 5, but holding his score? Is @0xDEAFC0DEresearching the 416 km/h glitch? 

what?  lol

39 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Yes.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I'm still lost......

Anyway, I played ur little racing game and sucked hardcore at it.....playing some paper mario instead 😉

The gist was that Im in a daze from playing over and over and wondering if I am the only one. Guess it was poorly delivered lol. Never played paper mario. Have to check that out 

Events Helper · Posted
7 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

The gist was that Im in a daze from playing over and over and wondering if I am the only one. Guess it was poorly delivered lol. Never played paper mario. Have to check that out 

oh, well my bad 🤪!!  I gave up for now, bit u definitely should play some of that n64.  

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

If you touch another car even slightly you blow up? No thankssss. Glad I got the cart from fcgamer though!

Perhaps next year we should forego having the mods take the time to schedule a year full of challenging games. Just alternate weeks between color a dinosaur and smb3. And smb3 may still be hard for some, so lets allow continues. Remove bans on game genie and other cheats as well, or maybe just let people make up whatever scores they would like to submit. 

Im far from bert sampson and Ive almost managed to reach the final level this early in the week. Even setting aside the competitive aspect, this game actually gets really fun if you put some time in to get the basics down. 

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

Perhaps next year we should forego having the mods take the time to schedule a year full of challenging games. Just alternate weeks between color a dinosaur and smb3. And smb3 may still be hard for some, so lets allow continues. Remove bans on game genie and other cheats as well, or maybe just let people make up whatever scores they would like to submit. 

Im far from bert sampson and Ive almost managed to reach the final level in two nights of mild effort. Even setting aside the competitive aspect, this game actually gets really fun if you put some time in to get the basics down. 

Cool. 

Events Helper · Posted
8 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Im far from bert sampson and Ive almost managed to reach the final level this early in the week. Even setting aside the competitive aspect, this game actually gets really fun if you put some time in to get the basics down. 

na, I liked some of the games lol, I just don't have as much time to dedicate to this one as I really fell in love with paper mario.  also, lots of games were fun prior to this.  Antarctic adventure and quite a few others.  if I'm honest I didn't like smb3, sorry forgot to add for the contest lol

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

Antarctic adventure

I had never played that and it was badass. That was a really fun week. More famicom we play, closer I get to buying one and a handful of carts. Is this your first time playing thru paper mario? 

@a3quit4s , sorry if my overly sarcastic post rubbed you the wrong way. It was meant to be funny, but it was too sarcastic and shouldnt have been directed at you or anyone else specifically 

6 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I had never played that and it was badass. That was a really fun week. More famicom we play, closer I get to buying one and a handful of carts. Is this your first time playing thru paper mario? 

@a3quit4s , sorry if my overly sarcastic post rubbed you the wrong way. It was meant to be funny, but it was too sarcastic and shouldnt have been directed at you or anyone else specifically 

No worries.

Events Helper · Posted
19 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

yes it is my first time playing paper mario!  I suggest it if u liked smrpg it feels very similar in style and play!!

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 10:57 PM, NESfiend said:

I didn't sell my NES, but this is a Famicom game...

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I didn't sell my NES, but this is a Famicom game...

Clever, but season is more than half over and youve yet to submit a score on either console. I know you said you were retiring, but your thing is to say your retiring, but not actually retire. I shouldn't have to explain your thing to you. Its YOUR thing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Clever, but season is more than half over and youve yet to submit a score on either console. I know you said you were retiring, but your thing is to say your retiring, but not actually retire. I shouldn't have to explain your thing to you. Its YOUR thing. 

Not gonna lie, using my own logic against me does make for a solid argument.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Also said he could beat Bert… We all know how that went. Dude just gave up🤷🏽‍♂️

• Haha 1