IGNORED

NES⏭SNES⏭PS

9 minutes ago, drxandy said:

Mine are mostly at the very end of life except for switch and Xbox. Got the cube when windwaker came out, ps2 little bit later. Couldn't afford em as a kid and had nes when snes was dying. If you love something you'll find a way.

i was talking about myself 😁

i thought your list made sence. saturn was out.

my op was a top three of what i chose as a kid. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Tanooki dc, gc, turbo makes sence but what hapened to saturn there?

It's in the second little blob of stuff I couldn't place in order.  When I was at Midway one of the earlier teams I was on, so 2001, after I was there some months a person quit Sega and came over to us.  He didn't want his old systems anymore, kind of ticked off at them(slavedrivers like EAwife stuff) and sold his systems.  Already having a Nomad and a GG, not able to or wanting to use a 32X I saw the Saturn and went for it.  I had a number of games, the ActionReplay 4M+ too, so I could run imports and meatier ones like some Capcom 1on1s like  XM vs SF that used it, also my first true taste of SOTNs better Nocturne in the Moonlight, I miss that added stage, boss, and parts to other stages.  Totally worth the lack of transparencies and slightly longer loadtimes (also could use Maria and Richter right off too.)

Homebrew Team · Posted
5 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

super nintendo clear #2 before ps for me.i love ps but you played snes, genesis, turbo in there time and dont have one of them in between the nes and ps?

I did not have a 16 bit console growing up. I went from NES to PSX.  I payed them at friends houses, but never my own.

I do have SNES, genesis, and Turbo now though.

• Like 1

@wyansas No surprise there.  N64 was the #1 frat boy college console of the 90s into the early 00s.  Because of all the wrestling, sports, racing(kart etc), FPS titles that did the 4P mode it was like the go-to device as it was sturdy, could take the most abuse, and just was easy and fun to drop into immediately being ready with 4 controllers/ports, fast loading (no CD), and tough design against frat boy hits and spills which would obliterate or short a CD system out pretty easy.  Second to that, also the go-to on the kids games side for daycares too. 😉

2600 - NES - SNES - PS1 - PS2 - PS3 - Wii - PS4 - Wii U - Switch

Obviously I own many more consoles, but this list represents the consoles purchased while they were still active and available in stores as opposed to getting them used later after discontinuation or replacement.

I personally don't consider myself a fan boy.  When I owned an SNES, several of my friends had a Genesis.  While I was glad I had the SNES over the Genesis, we never got into arguments about which was better.  We were happy we had different systems from each other, because while visiting each other's houses, it was the only chance to play the consoles we didn't own.  I never knew anyone who owned more than 1 active system before the PS3/360/Wii era.  When I switched from Nintendo to Sony with the PS1, I never regretted the change, but I was still happy to play N64 when visiting friends homes.  

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 1

Are we still on topic?

Mine would be: NES>Gameboy>SNES>PS>PSP>Wii>DS>PS3>3DS>Switch

Picked the PlayStation over the N64 because it had SquareSoft on board and of course Final Fantasy VII, I enjoyed a lot of RPGs late in the SNES lifespan so going for the PS was the right choice.

I got the PSP because of the emulators and that it played original Playstation games, the Wii was a gift from my wife (then girlfriend). Sometime later I started collecting videogames and picked up a bunch of consoles, listed only the ones I actuality played a considerable amount of time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I personally don't consider myself a fan boy.  When I owned an SNES, several of my friends had a Genesis.  While I was glad I had the SNES over the Genesis, we never got into arguments about which was better.  We were happy we had different systems from each other, because while visiting each other's houses, it was the only chance to play the consoles we didn't own.  I never knew anyone who owned more than 1 active system before the PS3/360/Wii era.  When I switched from Nintendo to Sony with the PS1, I never regretted the change, but I was still happy to play N64 when visiting friends homes.  

ya i only had one console per gen and the n64 was the only console i ever got within launch year. i remeber i was suprised to get the ps the next christmas.

i agree it was nice to play genesis at friends who had it but i was def a fanboy and would tell my genny buddies there system sucked lol as they would do the same to me.

see you made that snes to ps jump too though.

• Like 2

I'm the same too.  The NES was gifted Christmas of 85 with the Gameboy next in 89.  SNES was 91 I talked my mom to death to buy it and hold until Christmas, but I lost my cool when she left and shook out my wooden mailbox safe and anything else I could, finding using a calculator I had all the money needed -- more or less threw it at her when she came home in the garage and took the box. 😛  After that, the Virtual Boy popped up, paid for it, then N64 too a year later...in that space I got that Pocket when it came out in the plastic case.  It was when Sony pulled various layers of Bs along with the costs of ROM chips drove me to the Turbo Duo that I ran with 2 consoles at one time, and after that technically 3 as I got a cheap nomad when they cratered. 😉  It was not until the Switch that I was gifted a system again, it came out at the same time about as my b'day (week before) so it was an early gift.

Neat to see the different timelines.  For home consoles, my mom had an Atari from before we were born that we all played.  After that was:

NES>SNES>PS1>N64>Dreamcast>Gamecube>Saturn>Turbo>Wii U

Handhelds are all over the place for my history

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 2

NES > SNES & GB > N64 & GBC > PS1 & GBA > PS2 & DS > PSP for me. I think after that I was exclusively a PC gamer from Christmas '03 up until 2008 when I got a PS3. In 2010 I started collecting games and now the lines are just blurry.

While I had a PS2, my younger brothers had a Gamecube > Xbox > Xbox 360.

NES SNES N64 GC and then to XBOX. I didn't get a PS2 until later when they had the slim model for cheap. I think I may have had a PSP before a PS2. Xbox 360 then ps3, Xbox one then PS4 and the same with series x and ps5

Sprinkle in the Nintendo handhelds pretty much when they were released. During N64 I got into pc gaming too. Team Fortress and CounterStrike 1.6 were my jam. 

On 6/25/2021 at 5:11 PM, docile tapeworm said:

anybody else go from nintendo to super nintendo to playstation?

i was a nintendo fan boy for the first 15 years of my life and when the n64 came out i was all about it. i got one release year christmas but was soon disapointed and clamored towards friends playstations.

i got a playstation next christmas and shhhiiiiiitt whats a n64???

title is still how i rank my top three consoles.

edit: and have since tried...nearly force myself into n64 and its: oot, goldeneye, no mercy and doom. thats it.

curious how many fanboys nintendo lost to sony in those days? 

I was debating wether to get a Saturn or PlayStation. I really liked Virtua Fighter 1 and 2 so I was real close to getting one, but then I went to some Nintendo event where I played SM64 on a japanese console and it blew my mind. I waited for the N64

6-7 months after that I came to my senses and bought a used PS1 lol. I liked both, but let's get real, the PS1 had way more games. My best memories of N64 include Wave Race 64, NBA Hang Time, Golden Eye, Shadows of the Empire, Ocarina, Turok, Mario Kart 64 and Star Fox 64.

Was I a fanboy? Maybe, I don't know. But to me Nintendo had taken a weird turn then and there. It ended up working for them in the long run, sort of becoming the Apple of video games. But for a while there, it felt disappointing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

I was debating wether to get a Saturn or PlayStation. I really liked Virtua Fighter 1 and 2 so I was real close to getting one, but then I went to some Nintendo event where I played SM64 on a japanese console and it blew my mind. I waited for the N64

6-7 months after that I came to my senses and bought a used PS1 lol. I liked both, but let's get real, the PS1 had way more games. My best memories of N64 include Wave Race 64, NBA Hang Time, Golden Eye, Shadows of the Empire, Ocarina, Turok, Mario Kart 64 and Star Fox 64.

Was I a fanboy? Maybe, I don't know. But to me Nintendo had taken a weird turn then and there. It ended up working for them in the long run, sort of becoming the Apple of video games. But for a while there, it felt disappointing.

man, well said.

i criminally left out the saturn here. i remeber it was hype then and virtue fighter, daytona usa, virtua cop.... shiiiit panzer dragoon... hell ya 💪🏻. i remeber accepting saturn a lot more than genesis ( that button layout. i still cant stand it).

smb64 had me drewling too. i can still see the cover of "game players" with mario standing on the cover. i looked at that one hundreds of times im sure. i dont know why that game dissapointed me so much. i agree with your list and had me remeber shadows and turok, good games. at that time awesome games. hang time is a lil gem. wcw then no mercy and doom i would add.

but still when i/you played that playstation...😎 i remeber seeing the kiosk in sears...destruction derby/jet moto...then seeing twisted metal and loaded....🤘🏻