Where do you carry your wallet?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which pocket do you use?

• Left front pocket
    • Right front pocket
    • Left rear pocket
    • Right rear pocket
    • Other

I am right handed but carry it in the left pocket.  Before retiring I used to carry it in the right pocket. I never drove to work and would not drive all that often.  Once I retired I drove a lot more and found it easier to keep my keys in the right pocket and the wallet in the left.

I suspect the reason I carry it in the front is that is where my old man carried his.

Sitting on it hurts my hip/back because of an injury from a car wreck I was in when I was 16.  I've been carrying it in my front pockets ever since.  I selected the Right-Front option, but the truth is it moves back and forth all day.  It gets uncomfortable after a while (again, the hip issue) so it floats between the two.

Walking, it doesn't bother me to be in my left-back pocket which is where it use to be in my younger days, however, now you never know when you'll bump into a pick pocket, so I keep it in a front pocket.

Actually, if I'm wearing a jacket with an inner pocket, it goes there.  If I don't have a jacket with such pockets, it goes in the front pants pockets.

2 minutes ago, Californication said:

Don't use a wallet, I find it uncomfortable. Keep my id, debit, credit, generally don't carry cash.

thats all i carry in my wallet. its pretty flat. but still my wife and daughter always know wheres dads wallet is lol

edit: but i always carry cash. try to have $60-$100 at all times. just how i grew up...

Edited by docile tapeworm

19 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

thats all i carry in my wallet. its pretty flat. but still my wife and daughter always know wheres dads wallet is lol

edit: but i always carry cash. try to have $60-$100 at all times. just how i grew up...

Ya. So I have seen some really flat wallets where you can also put your phone. Since I have to carry my phone anyway I've been considering getting one and keeping in front pocket.

It's kind of tacky I think not to have a wallet, but it's worked fine for over 10 years. 

It's like not using a condom, you're not supposed to, but it just feels right.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Guys who got tired of sitting on it

12 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I don't get rear pockets. Why do I want to sit on the things I'm carrying?

i have no ass...seriously. its like two saggy pancakes holding hands. so my pants (even with a belt) sag down. therfor the one time i actually did have time to sit down the wallet (which is flat like my ass) didnt affect me because it tucks underneath my hamstring.

Right rear pocket unless I'm in a crowded area, then I move it to the front right.  

Sitting on a wallet isn't an issue.  Most rear pockets are actually off to the side as you sit.  I've had a wallet in my back pocket for over 30 years, and I've net sat on a wallet.  I've never understood why some think that's an issue unless you have a George Costanza wallet.  

• Like 1

With that said, I have been looking for a wallet alternative that I like.  I just haven't found one yet.

To keep my wallet as small as possible, I carry the bare minimum in my wallet at the moment.

• 2 credit cards
  • 2 charge cards (they offer discounts at two stores I frequent)
  • 2 debit cards
  • 3 forms of ID (Illinois sucks)
  • cash

I don't really need to carry 2 credit cards, but I like an extra as a backup.  I could probably stop carrying the debit cards to save space.  Also, I need to see if I could pay with my charge cards without carrying them.  Some stores allow that with proper ID, but I haven't checked with these two stores.  So I could potentially carry less, but my wallet is so thin at the moment I don't really need to.