IGNORED

Thank F*ck GUILTY

SailorScoutMandy

7 minutes ago, SailorScoutMandy said:

Really? Are you not from the US? Do you not recall like all of 2020 and the issues that were in the spotlight??

I live in Canada. I saw a bunch of crazies storming the streets because of a lot of assumptions but no evidence. It's all good, I was just surprised, I'm backing out of this before we get 3 posts in and change topics. Admittedly I wasn't following it that closely.

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

The judge said that the politicians including the mayor of the city and that one congress women from California spouting off at the mouth about the trail might be enough to get an appeal so I don't think this is over.

It's sad though that we would expect riots of an outcome wasn't in the mobs favor, whether the mob is left, right or center. It's a sad time in America when that is an expectation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

It's sad though that we would expect riots of an outcome wasn't in the mobs favor, whether the mob is left, right or center. It's a sad time in America when that is an expectation.

I don't think the issue was whether or not the outcome was "in the mob's favor" but rather that the outcome was blatantly in contradiction of the (public's view of the) facts of the case. A not guilty verdict after watching the murder take place on HD digital video would have been the problem, I think.

Edited by Khromak
Clarity
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Khromak said:

I don't think the issue was whether or not the outcome was "in the mob's favor" but rather that the outcome was blatantly in contradiction of the (public's view of the) facts of the case. A not guilty verdict after watching the murder take place on HD digital video would have been the problem, I think.

Did you follow the trial? Did you see the body cam footage? Did you listen to the testimonies from both sides? Do you know what beyond a reasonable doubt means? 

The burden on the prosecution was massive and the fact that they were able to put together a case to get guilty on all charges in nothing short of impressive. 

The man ate what he thought were percs and it turned out they were fetenole mixed with meth. He was in the hospital from overdosing several months before his tragic death, and that was from the testimony of prosecutions witness. 

Downplaying the outcome is easy if all you watch was the 9 min video of Floyd's death, but as I watch the hours of testimonies from that trial, I was not convinced they were going to get any of the murder charges. 

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1

With the history of country I was really worried how this would play out. Now if there could be justice for all it's be better but this is at least a step in the right direction. 

These cops protect no one but themselves. 

29 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I live in Canada. I saw a bunch of crazies storming the streets because of a lot of assumptions but no evidence. It's all good, I was just surprised, I'm backing out of this before we get 3 posts in and change topics. Admittedly I wasn't following it that closely.

You clearly need to actually read what's happening before making that statement.

• Like 4

Wasn't expecting that. We 

26 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Did you follow the trial? Did you see the body cam footage? Did you listen to the testimonies from both sides? Do you know what beyond a reasonable doubt means? 

The burden on the prosecution was massive and the fact that they were able to put together a case to get guilty on all charges in nothing short of impressive. 

The man ate what he thought were percs and it turned out they were fetenole mixed with meth. He was in the hospital from overdosing several months before his tragic death, and that was from the testimony of prosecutions witness. 

Downplaying the outcome is easy if all you watch was the 9 min video of Floyd's death, but as I watch the hours of testimonies from that trial, I was not convinced they were going to get any of the murder charges. 

Not sure what someone's prior drug use has to do with having their oxygen cut off by police until they are weak and die.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Californication said:

Wasn't expecting that. We 

Not sure what someones prior drug use has to do with have your oxygen cut ofd by police until you are weak and die.

Damn looks like another person who didn't watch the persecutions witnesses. The docs said there was no windpipe asphyxiation but that the hold would've cut off the circulation to the to induce the heart failure.

I mean, why is it so hard for us to be responsible citizens and watch the trial and listen to the witnesss?

And it's not his prior drug use. It was his drug use at the time of death. It was that he was passed out before the cops came in the car with the man that sold him the drugs identified by his gf. 

His drug dealer would've been facing all the same charges btw. Literally the prosecution had to show it was the 3x the lethal amount of fetenole that put him into cardiac arrest, but it was the hold the cop used. 

Ultimately, it was the negligence on the part of the cop that sealed the case. After he passed out, he should've began chest compressions or some other maneuver to prevent his death even if he was overdosing or having a heart attack due to drugs.

• Like 2
  • Eyeroll 2

22 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Just to be clear, I don’t take sides with Chauvin, he or one the people with him should have been doing CPR until the ambulance could arrive, I think that possibly could have saved George’s life.

However I watched several portions of the testimonies including the cross examination of the doctor who performed the autopsy. I believe his conclusion that there was no indication of asphyxiation, he was just doing his job, not taking sides when he prepared the autopsy report. So cause of death was probably not 100% Chauvin, if you disagree please listen to the cross examination. However his life could have probably been saved but was not, I think due to negligence.

Afterthought, they really should have let this trial play out like a normal trial, not flooding the streets. I think there is possibility of conflict in impartial judgment of the jury, they may have been scared for their lives if they didn’t see things the way the narrative was pressuring them to see it. There realistically can be an appeal because of that, the judge even said so.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Look I'm not going to get into a legal debate on a video game forum, mostly because I don't know crap about the law other than what a public school education will get you, but unfortunately for us, neither does most of the rest of the country, so regardless of whether a not guilty verdict would've been "fair" or "just", the public would've been outraged considering the circumstances. Either way I hope we can all agree this was the best outcome.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I think both can be true. People are crazy for storming a target or the capital. The degree of crazy I think is the sliding scale

Well, we have had civil unrest in the country throughout history. Most of it has had legitimate grievances. It sucks, and I don't think anyone condones it, but it is not anything analogous to assailing the Nation's Capitol, while it is in session, as our government conducts the business of certifying a perfectly valid, legal election.

That is a difference that goes beyond just one of degree. It is a difference of kind.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

I didnt watch the 9 minute video, but did he continue to kneel on his neck after the other cop couldnt find a pulse?

That’s irrelevant, once they decided to call the ambulance they should have been doing life saving measures, but he was just left there on the ground to die

Edited by phart010

Doesn't matter if there was other things at play in my opinion. The cop used a hold that shouldn't have been used, didn't listen to the DYING MANS PLEAS, in a country that's already being torn apart by unrest caused by race. We should have never ever gotten to this point. 

Plus there has been an increase of deaths of innocents by cops due to negligence. For fucks sake looks at breanna taylor or  daunte wright, who the fuck confuses a gun for a taser. 

The system needs a damn overhaul. 

A.C.A.B

Edited by SailorScoutMandy
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

assailing the Nation's Capitol, while it is in session, as our government conducts the business of certifying a perfectly valid, legal election.

That is a difference that goes beyond just one of degree. It is a difference of kind.

Let the record show that they did a really bad job at assailing the capital. I think Best Buys got looted more effectively than the capital got assailed lol.

• Haha 1

Just now, MrWunderful said:

I didnt watch the 9 minute video, but did he continue to kneel on his neck after the other cop couldnt find a pulse?

I started writing a question like this 3 times and deleted it 3 times because I didn't want to start a riot. I'm also wondering what exactly happened because I don't really watch the news. IS it possible to discuss it without someone calling me names?

From the limited knowledge I have from seeing the news at the time it happened, this is what I know about it:

• A store owner called the police on suspicion that a man was trying to pass a counterfeit $20 bill in his store.
  • The police arrived and confronted the man, George Floyd, of the federal crime.
  • George offered no resistance but he's a beast of a man.
  • The police handcuffed him and wrestled him to the ground with unnecessary force.
  • A policeman kneeled on George's back. I think this is protocol but it appears he was kneeling too hard.
  • George and others complained George could not breathe. From the video I saw, George was calm about it.
  • Bystanders were telling the police he couldn't breathe and additional officers told the bystanders to move back.
  • Eventually someone mentioned George is not breathing anymore and the police start feeling for a pulse, they seemed pretty spooked about what they should do next.

Did I miss something? Somehow people said it was racist but I didn't see any evidence of that, what did I miss? Is it automatically racist when a white person kills a black person? What about if a black person kills a white person? Sorry, I'm pretty far removed from any racist world so I don't really understand it. Where did the mention of racism in this case even come from? I'm actually curious because I don't understand.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

25 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Damn looks like another person who didn't watch the persecutions witnesses. The docs said there was no windpipe asphyxiation but that the hold would've cut off the circulation to the to induce the heart failure.

I mean, why is it so hard for us to be responsible citizens and watch the trial and listen to the witnesss?

And it's not his prior drug use. It was his drug use at the time of death. It was that he was passed out before the cops came in the car with the man that sold him the drugs identified by his gf. 

His drug dealer would've been facing all the same charges btw. Literally the prosecution had to show it was the 3x the lethal amount of fetenole that put him into cardiac arrest, but it was the hold the cop used. 

Ultimately, it was the negligence on the part of the cop that sealed the case. After he passed out, he should've began chest compressions or some other maneuver to prevent his death even if he was overdosing or having a heart attack due to drugs.

Your talking semantics now. You just said the doctor said he cut off his circulation that induced heart failure.

Edited by Californication

1 minute ago, Code Monkey said:

Did I miss something? Somehow people said it was racist but I didn't see any evidence of that, what did I miss? Is it automatically racist when a white person kills a black person?

The problem isn't any individual case, but in the statistics. People of color are disproportionally affected by this kind of police violence. So when things like this happen it seems (and probably is) racially motivated. I'm sure if I, a white guy, was accused of passing a $20 counterfeit, they wouldn't have tackled me to the ground and put their knee on my neck, they would've had a polite conversation with me. Under the same circumstances, whites are treated differently from blacks. There are hundreds of examples and, more importantly, it's substantiated by the data.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1