IGNORED

Thank F*ck GUILTY

SailorScoutMandy

9 minutes ago, Californication said:

Right. I'm spreading hatred by not letting you slide by with your little racist remarks. 

Nope. I'm just pointing out things that are inconvenient to the narrative you want to paint.

Potential police brutality only matters sometimes.

Systemic racism only matters sometimes.

The list goes on and on and on. 

7 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

One major thing that a black man needs to consider when being pulled over is to have both hands be visible at all times. There is an inherent fear of black men in America that makes people feel immediately threatened at a higher pace than white people or other minorities. A paranoid and racist cop might just fear you are reaching into your glove box for a weapon and not your vehicle registration as was the case of Philando Castille. A black man walking into a convenience store late at night has a much higher chance of being feared to rob them. Being black in America is to have a mass of people fear you for no reason.

No reason? Maybe this is the basis of my failure to understand racism, is because what I view as statistical observation, other people view as racism.

• you personally feeling uneasy in the presence of someone with a higher probability of being a criminal = statistics, not racism
  • you yelling at someone to get out of your store because they're black = racism

The thing I always ask someone is if they get bitten by a Rottweiler every single time they pet one, are they going to continue to pet Rottweilers? No way, they're going to cross the street to stay as far away from them as possible. But why, isn't that racist towards Rottweilers? No, the next one they meet could be the sweetest dog in the world but based on your statistical analysis, you aren't going to take that chance. The only thing you can't do is kick that dog because of what it might do, that's unacceptable.

I'm not racist towards Cambodians but there's no way I'm going to take a stroll through the countryside of the kidnapping capital of the world. Is that racist? No, it's statistical analysis, nothing more.

So yes, there is a reason, just not one you agree with, and that reason could be simple statistical probability. Saying you should treat every single person individually is not how human interaction works, otherwise every single person that applies for a job would get an interview.

• Wow! 2

• The topic was locked