IGNORED

MLB 2021 Thread

BriGuy82

4 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Well, the offense did what it needed to do and got to Cole early! Just have to hang in there through that filthy bullpen they have!

You mean when they hit the showers they don't wash behind their ears? 😄

Edited by Estil
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

Well, the offense did what it needed to do and got to Cole early! Just have to hang in there through that filthy bullpen they have!

Yankees offense is so unbalanced. Arod was right last night when he said the all or nothing approach works during the regular season but not in the playoffs. You have to get runners on for Judge and Stanton. I can't stand watching all the other guys just going up there trying to hit the long ball every ab. Not having lemahieu in the line up really hurt. 

7 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

Yankees offense is so unbalanced. Arod was right last night when he said the all or nothing approach works during the regular season but not in the playoffs. You have to get runners on for Judge and Stanton. I can't stand watching all the other guys just going up there trying to hit the long ball every ab. Not having lemahieu in the line up really hurt. 

Everybody is always trying to out-ray the rays. They are the definition of an all or nothing offense. But it always seems to work for them regardless of if it's the playoffs or Regular season. ☹️

8 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

So basically, the Yankees and the Reds are the same team. It must be the Aaron Boone connection.

2 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

Everybody is always trying to out-ray the rays. They are the definition of an all or nothing offense. But it always seems to work for them regardless of if it's the playoffs or Regular season. ☹️

What is with Devers and all that chew in his mouth? I can't believe someone hasn't told him he looks totally disgusting. It's friggin gross, and not to mention that shit causes cancer. Just look at what happened to poor Tony Gywnn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BriGuy82 said:

What is with Devers and all that chew in his mouth? I can't believe someone hasn't told him he looks totally disgusting. It's friggin gross, and not to mention that shit causes cancer. Just look at what happened to poor Tony Gywnn.

I don't get it either. It's like he's sucking on a golf ball. I wouldn't understand it if it were gum, much less chewing tobacco.

I still think to the time my buddy accidentally drank someone's dip spit cup. Absolutely foul.

4 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

I don't get it either. It's like he's sucking on a golf ball. I wouldn't understand it if it were gum, much less chewing tobacco.

I still think to the time my buddy accidentally drank someone's dip spit cup. Absolutely foul.

I was reading that they don't allow chewing tobacco in mlb anymore but I don't buy that he's using gum and sunflower seeds. When he spits it's looks like motor oil. He's an awesome player though. I really like Xander Bogaerts. Maybe it's because wears the number of his favorite player, and uses his same model glove too.😉

4 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

I was reading that they don't allow chewing tobacco in mlb anymore but I don't buy that he's using gum and sunflower seeds. When he spits it's looks like motor oil. He's an awesome player though. I really like Xander Bogaerts. Maybe it's because wears the number of his favorite player, and uses his same model glove too.😉

He really is an awesome player. It would be nice if he could play a better third base though. I imagine he'll start to DH more when we move on from JD in a couple years.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
14 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

They mix it with chewing gum so you "can't tell".

12 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I hope the Dodgers can pull this out. I don't really want to see the Cardinals move on after they knocked the Reds out of the playoffs with their ridiculous winning streak.

Looks like your wish was emphatically granted. Now its time for the white sox to get the job done! 

18 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

I wonder how many first round draft picks they have on their roster...

I mean they have a couple, including Wacha which was a scrap heap reclamation project. All of whom will probably be traded before the start of next season. They have themselves some international studs though, like Arozarena who will probably get traded to Oakland or Cincinnati or some other middling low budget team before he hits arbitration for a bunch of seemingly mid tier prospects that are actually major league ready, just sitting behind bigger names on their farm systems. 

25 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Admit it. You want Boston to win so Hal will be pissed off enough to spend some big bucks!

Oh I admit it. My hate is actually stronger for Tampa than Boston at this point. I'm ready for Brian Cashman or whom ever puts these yankee teams together to take a walk at this point. The formula isn't working and it hasn't worked for the better part of 20 years, if you measure success by championships.