IGNORED

MLB 2021 Thread

BriGuy82

20 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

This is pretty wild watching a Major League game being played in a cornfield. I'm glad that they already decided to do it again next season.

Yeah that was awesome. Did you happen to see Tim Andersen's walk off homerun off the Yankees sad ass bullpen? We scored 4 runs in the 9th inning to take the lead then had our hearts ripped out and set on fire. Good times. 🤮🤮🤮

1 hour ago, BriGuy82 said:

Yeah that was awesome. Did you happen to see Tim Andersen's walk off homerun off the Yankees sad ass bullpen? We scored 4 runs in the 9th inning to take the lead then had our hearts ripped out and set on fire. Good times. 🤮🤮🤮

Reds relievers have blown 23 leads this season, so I did find it relatable.

• Wow! 1

On 8/12/2021 at 6:57 PM, BriGuy82 said:

@Ausdenif you build it, they will come....

You're not gonna believe this, but you guys know how I've been reading my local newspaper archive as another hobby, and how I'm reading from 30 years ago just like the first Back to the Future (and it happens to be in my preteen/upper elementary days too)?  Well there was a local story in 1991 about a teen who decided to build his own "Field of Dreams" and would you believe I did a Google maps and sure enough, 30 years later, it's still there!  Too bad the baseball diamond is not even close to being properly square shaped though...

And in other news, it would be so cool dudeish if someday we got a pro (minor league) baseball team again in our fair city...we haven't had one since the 50s.  And I'm certainly very eagerly awaiting the day when our Kentucky Colonels come back and bring big league basketball back to the Bluegrass just like we had in the 60s/70s ABA days! 😄 

Edited by Estil
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 5:45 PM, BriGuy82 said:

Could you imagine a Yankees/Reds World Series? The bullpen meltdowns would be historic.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

Man, the Red Sox deserve the meltdown they are in. This reminds me of the 11 collapse.

Could be worse.  Look up the 1964 Phillies...and they almost blew it in similar fashion in 1950 as well.  Not to mention it took them 97 years to win even ONE championship (and only managed two NL pennants before then) so you thought your pre-2004 Red Sox had it rough...

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The Reds are +2 in the wild card with the second easiest schedule in baseball remaining. It's a good thing that no Cincinnati sports team has ever failed when being ahead in any situation!

I’m hoping they get swept this weekend. I have nothing against the Reds, but the Cubs need the Marlins to start winning some games so that they can drop to the fifth pick.

1 hour ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

I’m hoping they get swept this weekend. I have nothing against the Reds, but the Cubs need the Marlins to start winning some games so that they can drop to the fifth pick.

The Reds just swept the Marlins in a 4 game series, so getting swept by them this weekend would be totally on brand.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:33 AM, ICrappedMyPants said:

Well, they lost 2 out of 3 to the Marlins somehow. Hopefully they don't find a way to blow it over the last 30 games given the fairly easy schedule.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Kguillemette said:

Boston vs. NY in a winner take all game. This is what it's all about. Go Sox!

I bet it's not the same as the 1978 one, when it was a true winner take all one-game-playoff to end a real pennant/division race.  Not this stupid wild card game gimmick... 😛